Talbot District was established in 1837 and named for Colonel Thomas Talbot who was responsible for the construction of roads and settling most of the area.
"The Talbot District is settled principally by Canadians, with a few Scotch, Irish and English."4
The district was comprised of the county of Norfolk and abolished in 1849.
Talbot District was located in South-Western Ontario.
Prior to 1837 - London District & Niagara District
More maps of this area
Questions & Answers
4 Smith's Canadian Gazetteer by W.H. Smith, 1846