Obituaries of residents & former residents of
- A -
Earl Grey, Saskatchewan
- Glenn Ernest. Peacefully, at his home in Earl Grey, SK. Glenn passed away with his companion, Rose at his side on Saturday, November 30, 2002, at the age of 79 years. Predeceased by his wife, Georgina. Glenn leaves to mourn his children, Barry (Helen), Tannis and Leigh-Ann (Barry); 9 grandchildren; 6 great grandchildren; 2 brothers and 2 sisters. Dad will be remembered for his care and concern for his family and he will be sadly missed by all who knew him. A Celebration of Glenn's life will be held on Wednesday, December 4, 2002. Cremation will take place.
- Edward Karl Ludwig Armbruster passed away peacefully at Parkland Place on April 25, 2005. Edward was born on November 25, 1918 at Earl Grey, Sk. He was the eldest of four children born to Caroline and Phillip Armbruster. Ed worked for many years on farms in the Earl Grey district and in 1942 he moved with the family to the Excelsior School District south of Star City. On June 30, 1962 Ed married Irene Woodfall and to this family two children were born, Phil and Margaret. Ed and Irene remained on the family farm until 1996 when they moved into Melfort due to health reasons. Ed was predeceased by his wife Irene, brother Bill, brother-in-law Dave Harder and his mother and father Caroline and Phillip. He leaves to mourn his son Phil (Darlene) and grandsons Karl and Kevin, his daughter Margaret (Kyle) Woolsey and grandsons Garret and Brayden. Ed also leaves to mourn two sisters Gladys Harder of Surrey, B.C., and Eileen (Don) Morphet of Vernon, B.C. A Family Memorial Service for Edward was held from the Fedusiak Funeral Chapel on April 26, 2005 at 7:00 p.m. with Gwendolyn Mills Wood officiating. The interment followed in the Mount Pleasant Cemetery.
- B -
- Charlie of Earl Grey passed away May 13, 2008 at the age of 80. He will be lovingly remembered by two sisters Vi Land and Eileen (Walter) Silzer, nieces and many friends. Interment will be held at Longlaketon Cemetery on Monday May 19, 2008 at 12:30 PM. Memorial Service to follow at 2 PM from Earl Grey United Church.
- F. Noreen passed away on Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at Regina General Hospital at the age of 81 years. She was predeceased by her parents, Myrtle (1970) and Jim (1972) Banford; her only sister, Margaret (Nellie) in 1991 and her brother-in-law, Charles Grant (1969); brothers, Allan (1920), Earl (2003), Bill (2006) and his wife Edna (1986); sister-in-law Helen (2012) and brother Ivan (2012). Noreen is survived by her brothers; Leslie (Betty) and Edward (Verna); sister-in-law Joan; five nieces and seven nephews and their families; and a number of special cousins and friends. A celebration of Noreen's life will be held at Regina Funeral Home, Hwy #1 East, Regina, SK on Sunday, May 17, 2015 at 1:00 p.m. A Private Graveside will be held at the Earl Grey Cemetery.
- Herbert Leslie (March 28, 1922 – May 28, 2015). Les passed away at home in Strasbourg at the age of 93 years. Les was predeceased by his parents Jim and Myrtle (Pinkney); his siblings Margaret (Charles) Grant, Bill (Edna), Allan, Earl (Helen), Noreen, and Ivan. He is survived by his wife Betty; brother Edward (Verna); sister-in-law Joan; the Parkin family, and many nieces, nephews, cousins and friends. A celebration of Les's life will be held at Bulyea Community Hall, Bulyea SK. on Saturday June 6, 2015 at 2:00 p.m.
- Ivan Raymond Banford was born to Jim and Myrtle Banford (both deceased) on a farm near Earl Grey, SK on June 28, 1935, the youngest of eight siblings, Margaret Grant (Charlie) nee Banford (both deceased), William Banford (Edna) (both deceased), Alan Banford (deceased), Leslie Banford (Betty), Edward Banford (Verna), Earl Banford (Helen) (both deceased) and Noreen Banford. IVAN passed away suddenly on Saturday, December 8, 2012 at the age of 77 years. He is survived by his loving wife of 53 years, Joan Banford; son Rhory Banford (Connie) and their children Raymond Banford and Shelley Banford; Daughter Dale Switzer and her children Trevor Switzer, Calvin Church, Christopher Rederburg; as well as many nieces, nephews and cousins. IVAN was an employee of the Government of Saskatchewan where he helped administer The Companies Act and The Societies Act for 34 years until retirement in 1987. He helped form the Organized Hamlet of Strasbourg Beach, SK, in 1990 and supervised its incorporation as a Resort Village of Island View, heading up the first council in 1994. IVAN loved sports. He loved gardening. He enjoyed playing cards with friends and he enjoyed good humour. He enjoyed last winter in Arizona. He was creative and demonstrated many times his ability to accomplish whatever he applied himself to, in later years producing several unique works in clay. IVAN supported animal rights groups promoting kinder treatment and responsible long term commitment toward the animals under people's care. Ivan was a quiet, gentle, kind, caring person with great love for people. Ivan is sorely missed by Joan as he will be greatly missed by his family, his many friends and acquaintances. A VISITATION for family and friends will be held at Regina Funeral Home on Sunday, December 16, 2012 from 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. A SERVICE OF CELEBRATION of his life will be held at Regina Funeral Home, Hwy #1 East, Regina, SK on Monday, December 17, 2012 at 1:00 p.m. followed by lunch. Interment will take place in the Earl Grey Cemetery, in Earl Grey, SK shortly thereafter. How much do I love You..? I cannot say how much, or why, nor do I know if we can have forever. But surely then this must be true, for we have grown old together. Joan Banford (nee Halton).
- Lillian Mary (nee Close). It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of our dear Mom, Grandma and Great Grandma at the Regina Lutheran Home on Wednesday December 12, 2007. Mary was born October 12, 1917, the youngest of 7 children born to William and Lily Close. She was predeceased by her parents, her husband Finley Beatty, daughter Gail, grandson Aaron Wagner, son-in-law Walter Ollinger, sisters Grace Smith, Violet Morris, infant Edith Ellen, brothers Ted, Russell and Harold. She will be lovingly remembered by her son Bob (Cheryl), daughters Bev (late Walter) Ollinger and Maureen (Earl) Moulton, grandchildren Belinda, Teresa, Patricia, Wanda, Pamela, Corley, Christopher, Jennifer, Neal and Nelson, great grandchildren Travis, Ryan, Meagan, Amanda, Jordan, Brooklyn, Cole, Jessica, Clayton and Austin, son-in-law Gordon (late Gail) Wagner, sisters-in-law Barbara Close, Marianne Pruner, Bette (Den) Butcher, numerous nieces and nephews. Mary was born and grew up on a farm in the Earl Grey district where she attended Sylvan School. She married Finley Beatty in 1945 and while farming raised their 4 children. Mary was a talented and energetic person who was always grateful for the blessings in her life and never complained about the problems she faced with failing eyesight, hearing and years of living alone on the farm as a widow. She loved music and composed her own songs, even recording 2 of them. She was a talented sewer and made many of the dresses that she and her daughters wore. We want to thank the staff at the Regina Lutheran Home for their excellent care of our mother over the last 4 years and especially thank them for their special concern during her last days. Funeral Service will be held on Saturday, December 15, 2007 at 2 P.M. in the Earl Grey United Church. Danna Armstrong officiating.
- William Martin. At 8l years, RCMP Sgt. Bill Beatty passed away in hospital in Ottawa on January 17, 1990 after a stroke. His parents, Bill & Elizabeth (Huey), moved to Earl Grey in 1908 & raised their 7 children there. Bill attended RCMP College in Regina & was transferred to many places across the country, from the NWT, to Regina, Belleville, Summerside, St. Stephen, Campbellton, Sussex, & Ottawa where he retired. Not one to sit around, he then worked in Top Security at NRC. His wife, Nora (Montague), predeceased him in 1976. He is survived by their 4 daughters, Bonnie, Judith, Debbie, & Jane; grandchildren Jo-Ann, Billy, Jim, Rob Jardine; Christa, Emily, Jennie McMillan; Aaron Daley; & their children. He is the oldest brother of Findley, Ernie, Orval, Molly, Bette, & late John. Bill was known for his outstanding shooting skills, & was presented with a large silver cup by Queen Elizabeth II, for being the Top Marksman in Canada. It was unfortunate that the bottom fell out of the cup, however he & the Queen had a good laugh over it, he telling her, "That's not a very good cup you gave me"! He represented Canada as the Captain of the rifle team at the games in Bisley, England on 3 occasions in the '60s & '70s, winning at least one of the competitions. He won many other cups all over the Maritimes & at the annual National Rifle Association of Canada games in Ottawa, & always looked forward to seeing his old friends at these events every August. He had his own band in the '30s & there was not an instrument he didn't play. He loved the saxophone & banjo best, & played every evening at home. It was a joy to hear his renditions of his favorite old tunes. He built his own trailer to take on hunting trips, painted his cars with store-bought paint, etc. Bill had a great sense of humour & one story was of bringing home two ducks with one shot - "no use wasting a good bullet!". Another was how he jailed a man overnight for drunk driving. The man was the only Judge in PEI, & he had to be on the Bench at 9:00 am, with Bill in the Courtroom! Bill had a great life. He rests in peace beside his mother, brothers, & other family member in Earl Grey Cemetery. He was often thanked for all the protection he gave to so many, & he told them that it was his privilege to be of service. Bill is missed forever.
- Agnes Grieve Lister (nee Hoggan) April 19, 1922 - August 20, 2008 formerly of Earl Grey died peacefully at Sunset Extendicare, Regina. Agnes was predeceased by her husband John, son-in-law Bob Crawford, sister Nellie Stewart, brothers Jimmy and Richard Hoggan. Survived by her children Kay (Terry) Chamberlin of Regina, Heather Crawford of Saskatoon and Iann of Earl Grey, 4 grandchildren Megan (Dave) Keam, Matthew (Tammy) Chamberlin, Sarah Binnie and Andrew Binnie, 3 great grandchildren; sister Betty Brown, brother Fraser (Margaret) Hoggan and sister-in-law Rachel Hoggan all of Scotland and many other relatives and friends. At Agnes's request a private service will be held. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Longlaketon Cemetery Fund.
- Janet of Earl Grey passed away June 15, 2002 at the age of 91 years. Predeceased by her parents, six brothers and four sisters. She leaves to mourn sister-in-law Agnes Binnie, numerous nieces, nephews and friends. Memorial Service will be held on Thursday, June 20, 2002 at 2 PM from Silton United Church. Rev. Marjorie Kent officiating. Interment Longlaketon Cemetery.
- Calvin Maurice (1923 - 2010). It is with sadness that we announce the passing of Calvin on June 22, 2010 at the age of 87. Predeceased by his parents Maurice and Hazel, brother and sister-in-law Kenneth and Hazel. He leaves to cherish his memory his wife Jean of 61 years; sons Vernon (Laurie), Spencer, Glenn (Kathy) and Garry (Lisa), grandchildren Genevieve (Brad), Melissa, Felicia, Zoe, Landon (Marj), Lynette (Derrick), Clayton (Ashley), Dustin, Caelan, Triston and Kelsey, nephews and niece Doug (Donna) Brewster, Darcy (Janet) Brewster, Donna Brewster and families. Calvin and Jean farmed at Earl Grey and enjoyed traveling in their motor home to Arizona, Florida and California for the winter months. Thank you to the Home Care and Palliative Care nurses for their compassionate care. A Memorial Service will be held in the Earl Grey United Church at 2:00 P.M. on Saturday June 26, 2010. Dana Armstrong officiating. A private family interment.
- Alouise of Santa Maria Seniors Home, Regina and formerly of Earl Grey passed away January 9, 2001 at the age of 92 years. Predeceased by her husband Karl, two sons Edward and Kenneth, one grandson Keith and three brothers. She leaves to mourn three sons Richard (Lillian), Alfred (Joyce) and Garry (Phyllis), daughter-in-law Geraldine, nine grandchildren, eleven great grandchildren, four brothers Herman, Ludwig, Jacob and Ferdinand, one sister Johanna Jackle, numerous nieces, nephews and friends. Funeral Service will be held on Friday January 12, 2001 at 2PM from Christ Lutheran Church, Earl Grey. Rev. Bob Langdon officiating. Interment Fairy Hill East Cemetery.
- Christina. On Christmas day, Tena joined her husband Jake, son Kenneth, and son-in-law Ned Kirk in heaven. She will be deeply missed by her daughters Bev Kirk (Joe) and Gloria (Don) McKay; her grandchildren Ryan, Tamara, Chris, Jeremy (Marci), and Andrea; great grandchildren Amity, Seth, Logan, Thomas, and Declan. She leaves behind her sister Olga Maier, in-laws Adeline Bundus, Tillie Boehmer, Frank Greter, and numerous nieces and nephews. Funeral services will be held on Monday, December 31, 2012 at 11:00 a.m. from Earl Grey Lutheran Church, Earl Grey SK. The family would like to thank the staff of the Regina Lutheran Home for their compassionate care provided.
- Jake of Earl Grey District passed away January 26, 2007 at the age of 93. Predeceased by an infant son Kenneth, brothers John, Franz, Karl, Herman, Ludwig and Ferdinand and one sister Louise. He leaves to cherish his memory his loving wife Tena, daughters Bev (Neil) Kirk and Gloria (Don) McKay, grandchildren Ryan, Chris, Tamara, Jeremy (Marci) and Andrea, great grandchildren Amity, Seth and Logan, sister Hertha Jackle, sister-inlaw Adeline, numerous other relatives and friends. Memorial Service will be held on Wednesday January 31, 2007 at 2 PM from Christ Lutheran Church, Earl Grey.
- Ludwig, late of Parkside Extendicare, Regina and formerly of Earl Grey, Sask. was bornon April 25, 1912 and passed away on Tuesday, July 30, 2002, at the age of 90 years. He was predeceased by his daughter Deanna; granddaughter Alissa; grandson Arlin; three brothers and one sister. He leaves to mourn his wife Phyllis of 65 years; daughters Sandra (Oscar), Darlene (Brian), Doreen (Bernie) and Reta (Bryan); two brothers, one sister, numerous grandchildren; great-grandchildren; nieces; nephews and friends. The Funeral Service will be held on Friday, August 2, 2002 at 3:00 P.M. in the Chapel of Lee Funeral Home, 3101 Dewdney Ave., Regina, SK with interment to follow in Earl Grey Cemetery. A Visitation for family and friends will be held on Thursday, August 1, 2002 from 7:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M. in the Chapel of Lee Funeral Home.
- Warren Barry of Earl Grey, SK passed away suddenly on Sunday, April 3, 2005 at the age of 63. Warren was born on November 23, 1941 in Gibbs, SK. Warren attended Scarborough Elementary School and Silton High School. After high school, Warren attended STI in Moose Jaw and was later employed by McLaughlin & Clark Plumbing & Heating. On August 24, 1963, Warren married the love of his life, Rita (nee Fuessel). In 1966, Warren and Rita welcomed their first born, Wanda. In 1966, the family moved out to Earl Grey to start their Plumbing & Heating business, Bundus Sales & Service. Four sons joined the Bundus family: Dwayne 1968, Barry 1971, Sheldon 1976 and Darryl 1977. In 1975, Warren expanded the business to include trenching and backhoe services. Over the years, Rita and the kids helped out with the family business. In addition to the plumbing business, Warren started farming and to this day loved his land overlooking the Qu'Appelle Valley. In the later years, Warren enjoyed spending time with his children and grandchildren. Warren's other passions in life included attending auction sales and visiting over coffee with family and friends. Warren is survived by his wife of 41 years, Rita; their children: Wanda & Hank and their children Patrick and Robyn Wolbaum; Dwayne & Celeste and their children Cassandra and Logan Bundus; Barry and Glenna Bundus; Sheldon Bundus; and Darryl Bundus (Diane Boucher). Also survived by his siblings: brother-in-law Leonard Bundus & family; sisters: Sandra (Oscar) Serge & family; Reta (Bryan) Kirk; and the twins. Rita's siblings: Linda (Jerry) Ives & family, Jerry (Jeannette) Fuessel & family; numerous aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, cousins, and friends. Warren was predeceased by his sister Deanna Bundus in 1973, his father Ludwig in 2002, and mother Phyllis in 2005. A private family memorial service will take place at a later date.
- Clarence Stanley (November 26, 1949 - December 27, 2015). It is with profound sadness that the family of Clarence Butz announce his sudden passing, at the age of 66 years, on Sunday, December 27, 2015. Clarence is lovingly remembered by his wife Pat Loewen; daughter Trina Fitch (Tom); stepchildren Brandi Loewen (Rob Franklin) and Travis Loewen (Shay Karparski); step-granddaughters Zoie and Lilli; sisters Donna Herman (Allan), Arlene Wiks (Dan); brothers Allan (Margaret), Gordon (Bonnie) and Rick Butz; nieces, nephews and many friends. Clarence grew up on the family farm near Earl Grey, SK. He spent his career as a successful salesperson. Clarence loved sports and his knowledge about team members, team history and stats was profound. He was a faithful Saskatchewan Roughriders fan. The joy in his life was enhanced greatly when his granddaughters came along. He was a devoted grandpa and his world revolved around what "his girls" were doing. Clarence requested no funeral service.
- C -
- Geraldine "Gerry" (nee Franklin) April 20, 1921 - May 25, 2011. Geraldine passed away peacefully on Wednesday, May 25, 2011 with her husband, Vernon by her side. She is survived by her beloved husband of 72 years; her children, Gerald (Joy), Marilyn (Boyd) Johnson, Wendell (Marlene) and Sharon (Mel) Moryski as well as 14 grandchildren and 13 great grandchildren. A private family interment will take place in Earl Grey Cemetery, Earl Grey, Sask.
- Vernon (July 1, 1915 - April 21, 2013). Vern (Vernon) passed away on Sunday, April 21, 2013 with his daughters by his side. He was predeceased by Gerry, his wife of 72 years, in 2011. He is survived by his children: Gerald (Joy) Cook, Marilyn (Boyd) Johnson, Wendell (Marlene) Cook, and Sharon (Mel) Moryski; 14 grandchildren; 18 great-grandchildren; and 3 great-great-grandchildren; as well as his brother, Lowell Cook. Vern was a kind and loving father who will be greatly missed. He was a family man who spent time and energy helping his parents, his brothers and sisters, and his children in the good times and the bad. He was always there to share the joys and sorrows of those he loved. For 61 years he was a faithful servant of Jehovah. His family looks forward to the fulfilment of Jehovah's promise at John 5:28, 29, "Do not marvel at this, because the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice and come out". Memorial Service will be held at The Kingdom Hall of Jehovahís Witnesses, 2020 Van Egmond Place, Regina, SK on Friday, April 26, 2013 at 1:00 p.m. Interment will take place at Earl Grey Municipal Cemetery at a later date.
- Donald Bruce (January 4, 1930 - July 22, 2011). It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of our loving husband, father and grandfather, Don Crofts. Don was predeceased by his sister, Doris Hall; brother, Roy Crofts, and his grandson, Catlin Miles Crofts. Don was survived by his loving wife of 56 years, Anita Crofts; his three children, Sheila Crofts (Harley Toupin), Diane (Ernie) Avram and Wes (Shaunette) Crofts; grandchildren, Brei (Mike) Ward, Colby (Kathleen) Avram, Carlie Avram, Hailey and Rozlin Crofts; great-grandchildren, Avaya and Addalyn Ward; brother, Gordon Croft. Don was born in Strasbourg, Saskatchewan. He grew up on the Crofts Homestead near Earl Grey, Sask. and married Anita Fissel in 1954. Together they operated the family farm. In 1959, the family moved to Regina, where Don began working at Cockshot. Don also worked as a foreman at Arco and later in life, he enjoyed working the winter months at Agrosports. He continued farming as a past-time after retirement. Don had a great love for country music; he played the guitar since the age of 13 and played in a band called the Northern Lights. But Don's greatest love was his family. He took pride in spending time with his family and getting together for birthdays and holidays. Don was known to many as the kindest and most gentle man, and this is how he will forever be remembered. A Celebration of Don's life will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Thursday, July 28, 2011 at Zion United Church, 120 Broad Street, Regina, SK.
- George Barry (July 19, 1945 - September 22, 2009). George Crofts, beloved husband of Gloria Crofts of Calgary, passed away peacefully on Tuesday, September 22, 2009, with his loving wife of forty-one years and sister by his side. George was born in Southey, SK and raised in the Earl Grey area, then moved to Regina with his family when he was sixteen. He was a financial advisor with Great West Life. He studied hard and worked diligently to provide financial service to his many clients, resulting in strong bonds of respect and friendship. George was a member of the Calgary Alberta Watch and Clock Collectors. His passion for collectables was fulfilled by his many trips to Calgary flea markets and garage sales, looking for the perfect deal. George was an avid outdoorsman and enjoyed hunting, fishing and camping all his life. Even when his health was failing he enjoyed many hours by the river and Glenmore reservoir fishing rod in hand. He is survived by his mother Mary Theaker; wife Gloria; son Bradley (Natasha); and daughter Stephanie Black (Michael); three much beloved grandchildren, Colin, Chelsea and Sean; one brother Howard (Constance); sister Linda Kostiuk (Peter); nephews, Cameron, Jeremy and Taylor; niece Tara; and a large extended family of aunts, uncles and cousins. George will be greatly missed by his many friends. He was predeceased by his father K. Roy; infant sister Vera; and nephew Ryan. Funeral Services will be held at McINNIS & HOLLOWAY'S Fish Creek Chapel (14441 Bannister Road S.E., Calgary, AB) on Saturday, September 26, 2009 at 10:30 a.m. Graveside Service to follow at Mountain View Memorial Gardens. The family would like to thank the marvellous staff at Foothills Hospital stroke unit and unit 36 for their kind, compassionate care provided to George over the past few months.
- Ruth Mildred (nee Greenlay) of Medicine Hat, passed away on Monday, February 16, 2009, at the age of 94 years, beloved wife of the late Leonard Curtin. She leaves to cherish her memory two children, Duane Curtin and Pat (Kelly) Curtin all of Medicine Hat; four grandchildren, Maureen (Leonard) Pytel, Kevin Bader, Leonard Curtin and Jason Curtin and their mother Louise; a half sister, Frances as well as numerous nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents, Minnie and Francis Greenlay; her husband Leonard in November of 1974; two sons, Michael and Dennis and one daughter Frances Bader. Ruth was born in Earl Grey, Saskatchewan on April 3, 1914. At the very young age of four, she lost her mother to the flu epidemic. After a period of time, her father remarried and it was Ruth's stepmother who was the mentor to Ruth in cooking, cleaning, canning, baking and sewing. In June, 1935 she married Leonard Curtin. They homesteaded in Govan, Saskatchewan where they raised five children. Ruth was known throughout the countryside for her huge garden and wonderful home-cooking and baking. In 1974, Leonard passed away and Ruth sold the farm. Soon after, she moved to Medicine Hat to be with her family. She enjoyed singing in the Veiner Center Choir for many years. Her passion for gardening was evident by the huge garden she maintained in the back yard. It was in that garden in 2003 that she suffered a stroke. She spent her remaining years in Club Sierra until her peaceful passing. A celebration of Ruth's life will take place on Friday, April 3, 2009 in Holy Family Parish (1451 Strachan Road SE, Medicine Hat, Alberta) at 11:00 a.m.
- D -
- John Frank. On Saturday, June 5, 2004, late of Earl Grey, SK passed away peacefully at Cupar Shalom Nursing Home at the age of 84 years. John was predeceased by his parents, John L. and Katharine; brother, Frank and one brother in infancy; sisters, Katharine, Mary, Elizabeth, Josephine and Anne. John is survived by his loving wife, Lydia, of 62 years; children, June (Lloyd) Glass and their sons, Brent (Lisa) and Scott (Carol); Janice (Phil) Sutyla and their children, Crystal (Nick) Pearce and Greg; Randy (Lila) Dengler and their children, Jared and Kimberly; Lynda (Larry) Bailey and their children, Brandon and Jasmin and one sister, Joan (John) Mason. John was born August 3, 1919 and married Lydia Hornoi on June 6, 1942 and farmed in the Earl Grey district for many years until he retired due to ill health in 1999. John was an avid fisherman and enjoyed the sport of curling and watching many a baseball game. John served on various boards in the community for a number of years and was a member of the Knight's of Columbus for 58 years. Prayers will be held at 7:00 P.M. on Tuesday, June 8, 2004 at St. James R.C. Church, Southey, SK. The Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10:00 A.M. Wednesday, June 9, 2004 at St. James R.C. Church, Southey, SK with Rev. Gary Lindenbach, celebrant. Interment to follow at Southey R.C. Cemetery.
- Mary Eva (nee Meyer) passed away peacefully on March 19, 2009 at the age of 86 years. She is predeceased by her husband Zach and will be lovingly remembered by her daughter Marlene (David) Jenkins, sons Gary (Joanne), Dennis (Anne), grandchildren: Reid (Natalie) Jenkins, Blake Jenkins, Maria Dittrick, Brenda (Tarren) Reitsema, Tia and Jennifer Dittrick. Great-grandchildren: Arielle, Zaria, Genevieve and Sophie. Three Sisters: Alma, Lorna and Elvina, many nieces, nephews and good friends. A Memorial Service will be held at 1:00 pm, Thursday, March 26, 2009 at the King of Life Lutheran Church, 1198 Falcon Drive, Coquitlam, British Columbia. Donations in Mary's memory can be made to the Heart and Stroke Foundation of B.C.
- Iris Florence (nee Ward) born July 12, 1933 passed away peacefully October 15, 2009 at age 76 following a brief but courageous battle with cancer. Predeceased by her parents, Robert & Laura; husband, Albert; brother, Arthur; sister-in-law, Mary (Reg); brothers-in-law, Herb Blehm, Paul Berard, Laurence (Gladys) and Harold (Rose) Dutton. Left to celebrate her life are son, Ward (Teresa); grandchildren, James, Anthony, Katelyn and Dana; daughter, Laurel (Al); granddaughters, Erin and Robyn; step-grandchildren, Katelynn and Michael; sister, Irene Blehm; brother, Earl Ward (Lorina); sisters-in-law, Joan Ward & Phyllis Berard; numerous nieces, nephews, cousins and special friends. Iris was born just north of Earl Grey and was the third of four children. She attended school there and obtained her Grade 12. When not busy with chores on the farm, she was involved with softball, and track and field. In grade 3, she started piano lessons. By age 13, she was the church organist playing for Sunday services, weddings and funerals. At 17, she moved to Regina to attend Success Business College. She worked at Wallace and Milne for 5 years before moving to the CPR Station. That is where she met the love of her life, Albert. Despite moving to the Police Station to work, the relationship blossomed and they were married on June 7, 1958. After Ward was born, Iris chose to become a full time homemaker and helped Albert with his business ventures including Kwik Kafe. Iris loved being at home with her family and it allowed her to serve on many committees to enhance the quality of the activities in which she and her family participated. Iris enjoyed softball, curling, bowling, playing bridge and excelled at all. She loved to watch the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Her garden and flowers were her pride and joy. She loved to cook and did some catering. She volunteered as a canvasser and worked at several elections as an enumerator, DRO and census-taker. Her greatest pleasure came from her gift of music. She taught piano and organ lessons for years. She was the organist at the RCMP Chapel for 18 years playing for Sunday services, graduations and Sunset Ceremonies (funerals & weddings). She was a 50 year member of the Order of the Eastern Star Regina Chapter #7 of which she was the organist for over 30 years. She was the musician for Job's Daughters, Daughters of the Nile and the 49'ers Senior Choir. She played for countless concerts, weddings and funerals. Iris was a very active, kind-hearted, devoted woman who made it her mission to serve others. She had the ability to make people smile wherever she went. It is these gifts that will be greatly missed. A Memorial service will be held on Monday, October 19, 2009 at Broadway United Church, 105 Broadway Avenue, Regina, SK at 1:00 pm with Rev. Jim Balfour presiding. The family would like to extend our heartfelt thanks to all the doctors, nurses and staff at the Pasqua and Regina General Hospitals; Victoria Park Personal Care Community and William Booth Wascana Grace Hospice for the compassionate care provided to Mom. It helped to make a very difficult time more bearable. An online book of condolences may be signed at www.speersfuneralchapel.com
- E -
- Burton Floyd, of Earl Grey, passed away in his home on March 28th, 2005. At the age of 48 years. Predeased by his parents Barbara and Gordon Ellis, Brother Terry Boshaw. Burton is survived by his son; Jonathan McGonigal Brooks, AB., brothers Greggory Boshaw of Calgary, AB., Elmer and Debbie Ellis of Ontario., sisters Wendy and Joe DeRoven of Ontario., Debbie and Clayton Schram of Ontario., Elizabeth Joudrey of Cold Lake, AB., and numerous nieces and nephews. Memorial service was held on April 1st, 2005 in Earl Grey, Saskatchewan. Enturment to follow in Sombra, ON at a later date.
- F -
- Harold E. of Earl Grey peacefully passed away April 29, 2008 at the age of 83. Predeceased by 3 siblings Katherine Manweiler, Arthur Fiessel and Minnie Hubick. Harold's memory lives on in his wife of 60 years Agnes, daughter Denise (Mike) Triffo, son Randy (Sandra), grandchildren William (Trista) Triffo, Chelsea (Adair), Shay-Lynn and Dylan Fiessel, great granddaughter Jada Triffo, 6 siblings Adelaide Glover, Henry Fiessel, Freda Tintinalli, Olga Hubich, Elsie Renner and Alma Harbourne, numerous other relatives and friends. Funeral Service will be held on Monday May 5, 2008 at 2 P.M. from Christ Lutheran Church, Earl Grey. Interment Earl Grey Cemetery.
- Henry Jacob, born June 6, 1926, passed away November 27, 2000 at the age of 74 years in Earl Grey, Sask. He was predeceased by his father Karl in 1956 and his mother Olga in 1992, sister Bertha Mohr and brother Herman Fiesel. Henry is survived by his children Wayne (Eva) Fiesel of Regina, Rosalie (David) Page of Langley, BC, Richard (Nancy) Fiesel of Abbotsford, BC, Valerie Gilray of Maple Ridge, BC and Karl Fiesel of Surrey, BC, nine grandchildren, sister Annie Yauck of Regina as well as many nieces, nephews and friends. Henry was a truck driver for many years and then worked as a commissionaire until poor health forced him into retirement. Cremation has been arranged. Interment will take place at a later date in the Earl Grey Cemetery, Earl Grey, Sask.
- Harvey, 85, passed away peacefully on March 16, 2014. He was born on August 16, 1926 in Regina, SK to Michael and Ila Furo. Harvey is predeceased by his parents and one brother, Ken Furo. He is survived by one brother Frank and four sisters Doreen, Charlotte, June and Myrna. Harvey also leaves to mourn his three children Susan (Dave) Ackerman, Roger (Wendy) McCannel, and Judy McCannel. He also leaves seven grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren and his family of the town of Earl Grey. To Celebrate and Honor Harvey's Life, his family invites you to a tea at Earl Grey Community Hall, Earl Grey, SK, on Thursday, March 20, 2014 from 1 to 3 p.m.
- G -
- Dorothy Jean (nee Chambers) of Earl Grey and formerly of Strasbourg passed away September 8, 2004 at the age of 78 years. Predeceased by her parents and three brothers. She leaves to cherish her memory her husband Gordon of 59 years, children Carol (Wilmer) Kolybaba, Paul, Wesley and Marilyn (Ed) Callum, three grandchildren, two great grandchildren, nieces, nephews and friends. Memorial Service will be held on Saturday, September 11, 2004 at 2 PM from Christ Lutheran Church, Earl Grey. Rev. Donna Smalley officiating. Interment Earl Grey Cemetery.
- Lawrence Philip, late of Regina, passed away on Friday, April 8, 2011 at the age of 68. Predeceased by his parents, Philip and Ida; stepfather George; brother Lloyd; in-laws, Hugh and Mildred Bunton; brother-in-law John and sister-in-law Louise, Lawrence is survived by his wife of 35 years, Elizabeth Betty; sister-in-law June; nephews, Brent (Lisa) and Scott (Carol) and his good friend Bill. Lawrence was born in Earl Grey, Saskatchewan on September 21, 1942 and lived on the family farm. He moved to Regina in the late seventies. Lawrence had various jobs in Regina and Northern Saskatchewan. His special interests included fishing, boating, hockey, snowmobiling and wrestling. Memorial Service will be held at Christ Lutheran Church, 4825 Dewdney Avenue, Regina on Thursday, April 14, 2011 at 1:00 p.m. with Rev. Bob Leeson officiating. Interment in Regina Memorial Gardens.
- Karl "Charlie" Ludwig of Earl Grey passed away March 5, 2001 at the age of 77 years. Predeceased by his parents, six brothers and three sisters. He leaves to mourn, Matilda his loving wife of 53 years, four sons Dwayne (Elaine), Dennis (Lynn-Ann), Rodney (Linda) and Stephen, one daughter Shirley-Ann (Jim), ten grandchildren and five great grandchildren, one sister Emma Wagner and a brother John (Adeline), numerous nieces, nephews and friends. Funeral Service will be held on Saturday March 10, 2001 at 2 PM from Earl Grey United Church. Interment: Earl Grey Cemetery. Celia Ricker officiating.
- Steven Randal. It is with deep sorrow we announce the passing of Steven Randal Grant. Steve passed into eternity at the Pasqua Hospital on Monday, June 20, 2011 at the age of 57 years. He is predeceased by his father, Harold Grant in 1979. Steve leaves to mourn his sons, Steven (Sherry) Grant, Adam Grant; mother, Norma Grant; sisters, Shelly, Jamie (Keith), Marcie (Cory), Rhonda (Cecil) as well as numerous aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces and nephews. He will be greatly missed by good friends, Joan Rich, Rocky, Terry, Tony and Conrad. Service will be held at 3:00 p.m. on Sunday, June 26, 2011 at Morning Star Ministries Church, 3540 6th Ave., Regina, SK with Pastor Glen Povey officiating. Cremated remains will be interned in Earl Grey Cemetery at a later date.
- Muriel Isabelle. On Saturday, April 5, 2008 Muriel Isabelle Gross passed away in Chilliwack, BC at the age of 91 years. A Graveside Service will be held on Saturday, April 19, 2008 at 11:00 a.m. in the Earl Grey Cemetery, Earl Grey, SK with Rev. Jim Balfour officiating. An online book of condolences may be signed at www.speersfuneralchapel.com
- H -
- Anne (1926 - 2010) of Earl Grey district passed away February 14, 2010. Predeceased by her husband Ken. She leaves to mourn 2 sons Sidney (Dawn) and Sterling (Sherry), 3 grandsons Lance, Terrance and Conrad, 2 great grandchildren, numerous other relatives and friends. Memorial Service will be held on Saturday February 20, 2010 at 11:00 AM from Earl Grey United Church.
- Kenneth Colin of Earl Grey district passed away suddenly June 14, 2003 at the age of 78 years. Predeceased by his parents Colin and Ester, one brother Gerald. He leaves to mourn his loving wife Anne, two sons Sidney and Sterling (Sherry), three grandsons Lance, Terrance, and Conrad, two great granddaughters Anne and Victoria, two sisters Mary and Lucy, several nieces and nephews and numerous friends. Funeral Service will be held on Saturday June 21, 2003 at 10:30AM from Earl Grey United Church. Dana Armstong officiating. Interment Earl Grey Cemetery.
- Cora (October 17, 1920 - January 16, 2011). It is with loving memories that the family announces the peaceful passing of Cora Hassel at Sunset Extendicare. Predeceased by her husband Jake in 2009; an infant daughter; her parents; six sisters and four brothers. Left to cherish her memory are her daughters, Elaine (Duane) Glass and their children, Brad (Lyla) and Cora-Lee (Darcy); Marjorie (Brian) Waters and their children, Kenny (Carla) and Keith (Natasha); Brenda (Lanny) Bell and their children, Lorelei (Brent), Stacey (Trevor) and Devin (Janna); and 11 great-grandchildren. Also survived by two sisters Hilda and Agnes; one brother Henry (Esther); and sisters-in-law Agnes and Dorothy; as well as numerous relatives and friends. Funeral Service will be held at Christ Lutheran Church, Earl Grey, SK. on Friday, January 21, 2011 at 2:00 p.m. with Rev. Marc Jerry officiating. Private Interment in Earl Grey Cemetery.
- Jacob "Jake" (October 14, 1919 - September 17, 2009). It is with loving memories of the gentle life that the family announces the peaceful passing of Jacob Hassel at Sunset Extendicare. Left to cherish his memory are his wife of 62 years, Cora; their children, Elaine (Duane) Glass and their children, Brad (Lyla) and Cora-Lee (Darcy); Marjorie (Brian) Waters and their children, Kenny (Carla) and Keith (Natasha); Brenda (Lanny) Bell and their children, Lorelei (Brent), Stacey (Trevor) and Devin (Janna); and 11 great-grandchildren. Also survived by sister-in-law, Dorothy Hassel; and numerous relatives and friends. Predeceased by an infant daughter; his parents; 6 sisters; and 2 brothers. The family extends their special thanks to the staff at Sunset Extendicare for their care for the past 9 months. Funeral Service will be held in the Christ Lutheran Church in Earl Grey, SK at 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday, September 22, 2009. Private Interment in Earl Grey Cemetery.
- Lenora (nee Wagner) 1926 - 2016. Lenora, formerly of Earl Grey, passed away peacefully on Saturday, December 24, 2016 at Last Mountain Pioneer Home, Strasbourg, SK. Predeceased by her parents, Karl and Amalia Wagner; brother George; three sisters, Matilda Hubick, Hedwig Mohr, and Edna Hubick. Lenora is survived by Herman, her loving husband of 46 years; sister Evelyn Dorosh; brother Arnold (Dorothy); sister-in-law Olga Fries; as well as numerous nieces and nephews. A Celebration of Lenora's Life will be held at Speers Funeral Chapel, 2136 College Avenue, Regina, SK on Monday, January 2, 2017 at 1:00 p.m. Interment will take place at a later date in Earl Grey Cemetery.
- Pamela Lee Henfrey passed away suddenly on Sunday, July 3, 2011 at the age of 24. Funeral Service will be held at Earl Grey Community Hall on Thursday, July 7, 2011 at 2:00 p.m.
- Lena (nee Hornoi) passed away peacefully on Thursday, September 28, 2006 at Cupar and District Nursing Home at the age of 95. Lena was born on June 9, 1911 in the Earl Grey area. She married Otto Herman on January 27, 1929. Lena loved the farm life. Her church, family, garden, chickens, quilting, needlework and baking brought great joy to her life. Lena was predeceased by her parents, Zarrie and Nettie Hornoi; husband, Otto; brothers, Ted, John, Pete, Henry and Ed; sisters, Mary, Nettie and Eva; grandson, Ronald Thurbide. Left to cherish her memory, daughter, Eileen (Cam) Thurbide, Victoria, BC; son, Elmer (Florence) Herman of Earl Grey, SK; nine grandchildren, Cathy (Lyle) Sandercock, Cal (Jennifer) Thurbide, Colleen Herman, Cameron (Liz) Thurbide, Kevin Herman, Charlene (John) Dumalski, Blain Herman, Roy Thurbide and Maureen (Cory) Wilde; ten very precious greatgrandchildren, Carter Keller, Brill, Carly and Rhett Sandercock, Tianna and Drew Wilde, Aline Dumalski, Landon, Magdalen and Bronte Thurbide; sister, Lydia Dengler; sister-in-law, Mary TownleySmith; as well as many nieces, nephews and friends. Funeral Service will be held on Tuesday, October 3, 2006 at 2:00 p.m. in Christ Lutheran Church, Earl Grey, SK. Interment at Earl Grey Cemetery. The family would like to express their gratitude to the residents and staff of Cupar and District Nursing Home. Thank you for being there for "Nan " and for all of your wonderful care.
- Elizabeth (nee Janz). May 3, 1920 - February 26, 2006. It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of our mother, Elizabeth, who passed away quietly at the William Booth Wascana Grace Hospice in Regina with her family close by her side. Predeceased by her first husband Harry Cross in 1967; her second husband Tom Hewlitt in 2005; infant son Glen in 1947; sisters, Ida, Rose and Carrie; brothers, Emil, Frank and Jake. She will be sadly missed by her children, Carol Cross, Earl Grey, Bonnie Downes, Regina and Joseph (Sharon) Cross, Cranbrook, BC; grandchildren, Shelly (Gary) Lavoie, Estevan, Kelly Downes, Regina, and Lisa Warner, Tasmania; greatgrandchildren, Landon, Jordan, Cameron, Renee, Elizabeth, and Aaron; sisters Minnie Rien, Anne Hubick; her twin brother Edward (Clara) Janz,; and many special nephews and nieces. Elizabeth was raised on a farm north of Southey. She married Harry Cross in 1943 and lived in Earl Grey where they raised their family. She married Tom Hewlitt in 1968 and lived in both Kimberly and Regina for a brief time before returning to Earl Grey to live out the remainder of their lives. Elizabeth loved to garden and always had beautiful flowers everywhere. She was also a wonderful cook and baker. She shared her goodies with friends and family. She loved to play cards, visit with friends and play her favourite game Trouble. Her "Trouble" partner, Dale, and her friends will miss her dearly. Funeral Service will be held on Wednesday, March 1, 2006 at 2:00 p.m. in the Earl Grey United Church.
- Margarita Thorne (nee Duddridge) September 17, 1911 - February 19, 2011. Margarita passed away quietly at the Wascana Rehabilitation Centre, Regina, at the age of 99 years. Margarita was born in Tullymet, Sask, to Hugh and Rita Duddridge. Her childhood was spent on a farm near Earl Grey. In 1927 she graduated from the Normal School in Regina. She taught in Macoun and near Arborfield in one-room schools. She moved to Prince Albert in 1942. While raising four children, as a single parent, she returned to teaching acquiring her permanent certificate. She then taught at Queen Mary Elementary School in Prince Albert from 1949 to 1975. Margarita was a long time member of the CCF/NDP, an active leader of the Girl Guide movement in Prince Albert, a charter member of the Prince Albert Cooperative Health Centre and member of the board for 9 years, a member of the Centre's volunteers, director and lifetime member of the Prince Albert Historical Society, member of the mid-pro Rock & Gem society, a member and director of the Prince Albert & District Council on Aging, member of Leisure Learning, committee member of UNICEF, member of Superannuated Teachers of Sask., and a member of the Saskatoon Jazz Society.Margarita had a large circle of friends. She was an avid bridge player, enjoyed many summers at Emma Lake and Waskesiu with her children. She enjoyed all her years of teaching and said there were no bad children. She always had positive thoughts and was interested in and encouraged her children and grandchildren in their endeavors. Some of the highlights of her life were the many family reunions. The title of her memoirs, My Enjoyable Life of Hard Work describes her life on the prairie homestead, her teaching profession and raising her family. In 2006 she moved to Regina to be near her daughter and son-in-law Beverley and Fred Hill. Margarita was predeceased by her daughter Lois Moore (1980), grandson Richard Moore (2008), brother Geoffrey (2009), sister Violet Hadley (1984) and her brother-in-law Arthur Hadley (1983). She will live on in the hearts of her survivors, son-in-law Bob Moore, daughter Beverley (Fred), sons Earl (Gladys) Hill, James Hill, 13 grandchildren, 25 great grandchildren and 2 great great grandchildren. The family would like to thank the staff at Berta's Personal Care Home and the Wascana Rehabilitation Centre for their compassionate and dedicated care. A graveside service will be held later at St. Mary's Cemetery in Prince Albert.
- Peter. On Thursday, November 14, 2002 Peter Hornoi, late ofEarl Grey, Sask., passed away atthe age of 94 years. He was predeceased by his wife of 67 years, Eva in 1998; brothers Ted, John, Henry and Edward, and sisters Mary Yovichin, Nettie Plotke and Eva Weisbrodt. Peter is survived by three daughters Irene (Wilf) Manz of Southey, Betty (Edgar) Diamond of Calgary and Diana (Norm) Ritter of Southey; grandchildren Karen (Ken) Gellner, Leslie Ann (Mike) Chandler, Jennifer Diamond, Dana and Nevin Ritter; great grandchildren Clayton and Kendra Gellner; sisters Lena Herman, Lydia (John) Dengler of Earl Grey and sisters-in-law Edna and Helen as well as many nieces and nephews. Peter farmed in the Earl Grey district and was known for his mechanical, carpentry, veterinary skills and ingenuity. Dad was inclined to fix things even before they broke and his idea of travel was going only so far as he could go in one day so that he could be home the same night. Our thanks to the staff of Shalom Nursing Home in Cupar for their very special care. The Funeral Service will be held on Sunday, November 17, 2002 at 2:00 P.M. in the St. George Romanian Orthodox Church, Dysart, SK with Rev. Daniel Nenson officiating. The Interment will follow in the St. George Romanian Cemetery. Prayers will be said on Saturday, November 16, 2002 at 7:30 P.M. in the St. George Romanian Orthodox Church.
- Herman was born in Earl Grey, SK, Oct 5, 1914. In 1966 he moved to Vancouver, BC, where he passed away peacefully on December 10, 2009 at age 95. He was predeceased by wife Tegla, and son in law Glenn Evans and Norm Cull, brothers Albert, Walter and Ernie. He is survived by children Murray (Eileen), Joyce, Sandra, Doris and Donna (Marty), grandchildern Glenna, Neil, Pam, Sean, Aaron, Ashley and Ryan, great grandchildren Dominique, Chantel, Emmanual, Christopher, Anna, Lucy and Logan, brother Freddie and sister Mary and many other family and friends. A memorial service was held on Thursday, December 17, 2009 at Grace Lutheran Church in Burnaby B.C. We'll miss you Dad. Love you always.
- Olga Wilhelmina (nee Wendling). With great sadness but also thankfulness for a long and well lived life, the family announces the passing of our mother, Olga Huber at age 99. Olga was born on September 11, 1916 on the family farm in the Earl Grey, Saskatchewan district. She was the youngest of seven children born to Josef and Caroline Wendling. She was predeceased by all of her siblings, Hanna, Ernest, Fanny, Joseph, Alma, and Emil. She was married for 25 short years to her beloved husband John Huber, who passed away in 1968. She is survived by her 5 children: David (Carol), Beverly, (Gerry), Janet (Gordon), Marilyn (Tom) and Grace (Douglas). She has 11 grandchildren, Jody (Michael), Carla (Darcy), John (Jorge), Debbie (Riun), Curtis (Kazia), Leslie (Sheldon), Michelle (Tyler), Robert, Anwyn, Andrew (Emily), and Erin. She also has 9 great-grandchildren, Janna, Jayme, Aurora, Tyson, Shea, Brandon, Noah, Ashlyn, and newborn Macy. She is also survived by sister-in-law, Erna Wendling. Olga was baptized at Christ Lutheran Church in Earl Grey on December 16, 1916 and was confirmed in the same church April 13, 1930. Olga attended Fruedenthal school up to grade 8. She spent a great deal of her time after that helping her older sisters raise their young families. She was active in church life and it was through a church youth group that she met John Huber, from the Lipton district. They were married May 2, 1943, and moved to Lipton where John had the family farm. Three children were born to them on the farm before they moved to Lipton – their feeling was that their children would have more opportunities living in town. She had a great deal of natural curiosity about the world and was a keen observer of nature. She took great pride in keeping a wonderful garden and always had beautiful flowers. She spent countless hours at her sewing machine, creating many costumes for skating carnivals and Halloween, bridesmaid's dresses, and many special outfits for all the girls. She was an avid quilter and her children and grandchildren are lucky to have special quilts made just for them. She loved to bake and her family enjoyed her specialty items for many years. John's sudden passing in 1968 left her to manage the family and farm on her own and she had to learn many new things, which she took on with determination and purpose. She continued to be very active in the church, being a member of Holy Trinity Lutheran Church in Lipton. In 1973, she moved to Regina and joined Good Shepherd Lutheran church, and was very involved with LWML. She moved to Saskatoon in 1987, joining St. Paul's Lutheran Church. She was very happy living at Elim Lodge and with each move she established close friendships that enriched her life. She loved to travel, and was included in many trips with her children and grandchildren that took her all over western Canada and the US, Montreal, as well as out to Newfoundland many times. A trip to Europe was a great adventure for her and allowed her to see and experience places that were steeped in culture and church history. The Funeral Service will be held at St. Paul's Lutheran Church in Saskatoon (627 Taylor Street East) on Thursday, October 15, 2015 at 2:00 p.m. Interment will be held in Lipton, Sask. at 2:00 p.m. on Friday, October 16, 2015.
- Sieg Huber (January 9, 1923 - June 13, 2012). Sieg was born in Earl Grey, Sask. He was a good farmer and a great fast ball pitcher. Left to remember him is Anne Huber, Blaine & Lorrie Huber, Walter & Lorretta Huber and many relatives & friends.
- Vera Evelyn (nee Pinkney) May 13, 1920 - August 7, 2010. Vera passed away peacefully in hospital with family by her side on Saturday, August 7th, 2010. Vera was predeceased by her parents Ethel and Edgar Pinkney, son Gerald, sister Blanch (Ordean) Hognerud, brothers; Ernie, Dean, Elmer (Edith), Willis (Jessie) and Harvey. She is survived by her husband Gerald, son Murray (Gail), daughter-in-law Dianne, grandchildren; Sheri (Geoft), Tracey (Rod), Wendy (Emad), Corey (Kira), great grandchildren Isaac and Sarah, sisters-in-law; Peggy Pinkney, Rose Pinkney and Anna Pinkney. Vera was born and raised on the family farm at Earl Grey, Sask. She completed her education at Regina Normal School and taught school at Duval, Neudorf, and Minton, Saskatchewan. She married Gerald Hupp on December 2nd, 1944 and they celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary with family and friends in the fall of 2009. Vera and Gerald lived in several small communities before settling in Regina in 1951. A special thank you to Dr. Geddes and the staff of 3E at the Regina General Hospital. A Memorial Service will be held at Zion United Church, 120 Broad Street, Regina, on Wednesday, August 11, 2010 at 1:30 P.M. with Rev Ken Robinson officiating.
- I -
- J -
- Robert L. On Saturday, April 12, 2008, Robert Jelinski "Bob", Lebret, Sk. died just short of his 90th birthday. The funeral mass will be celebrated in Sacred Heart Roman Catholic Church, Lebret, Sk. on Thursday, April 17, 2008 at 1:00 p.m. by the Rev. Ronald Andree. Interment in the Parish cemetery. Prayers will be held in Sacred Heart R.C. Church Wednesday evening at 7:30. Bob was predeceased by his wife Bernie in 2004; four brothers, Eddy, Alfie, Arnold and Bernard Jelinski; two sisters Gertie Nimegeers and Hazel Jelinski and is survived by his children: Dan(Meg), Jim (Terry), Tim(Therese), Max, Terry Ellen Jelinski and Kathleen Jelinski; fifteen grandchildren; one sister Nessie Leslie and numerous nieces and nephews. Bob was born at Earl Grey, Sk. on April 16, 1918, spent years on the farm, then moved to Regina, where he completed his education at Campion College. Following a short career in the Grocery buisness, Bob enlisted and proudly served overseas for four years during WWII. Upon his return he married his sweetheart Bernie McNulty and together they successfully raised their family of six. Bob was manager at the Rosemont O.K. Economy for twenty years and was very involved with his community and church. He enjoyed working with the public and developed many friendships with his customers. Bob enjoyed a long retirement, spent mostly at his cottage in Lebret and the last two years at Harrison House, Fort Qu'Appelle.
- Geraldine (nee Scherle) February 5, 1938 - September 7, 2012. It is with great sadness we announce the sudden passing of our mom, Geraldine of Regina, formerly of Earl Grey. Gone before her, but welcoming her into heaven are her husband Jake Scherle (1982); second husband Joe Johannsen (2010); granddaughter Brandi Scherle (1986); siblings Viola & Howard. Left to cherish her memory are children Sherry (Rudy) Schmidt, Wendy (Bodo) Kummer, Randy (Tracy) Scherle, & Marcella Scherle; grandchildren Jennifer, Dawn (Jeff), Jerrod, Jeremy, Roxanne (Dion), Brianne (John), Andrea (Evan), & Devin; 9 great grandchildren and soon a special little one to make ten; sister Myrna (Mickey) Scheuer; sister-in-law Janet Meyer; nieces, nephews & friends. Mom's greatest joy was her family and friends. A gathering of any sort was an excuse for playing cards, sharing her cooking & baking; and loving her children, grandchildren, & great-grandchildren. Memorial Service will be held on Thursday, September 13, 2012 at 11:00 am at New Beginnings Lutheran Church - 1037 Victoria Avenue.
- K -
- John Kent. On Friday, February 16, 2001 John Kent Kasick, age 31, of Earl Grey, Sask. passed away after a long, and truly courageous, battle with cancer. John is survived by his beautiful wife and best friend, Pam Kasick and his precious son Eric John Kasick; his parents Ron and Dorothy Kasick of Silton, SK; sister Heidi (Tod) Hall of Strasbourg, SK; three brothers: Paul (Lavonne) Kasick of Saskatchewan Beach, SK, David Kasick of Hitchcock, SK and Mark Kasick of Hitchcock, SK; his grandparents Melford and Evelyn Ball of Lumsden, SK and Olivia Kasick of Regina, SK; as well as numerous nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, cousins and friends. The Funeral Service will be held on Friday, February 23, 2001 at 2:00 p.m. in the Community Hall in Earl Grey, SK with Pastor Bob Langdon officiating. Interment will follow in the Earl Grey Cemetery.
- John George "Johnny" passed away on June 12, 2009 at the Boundary Hospital in Grand Forks, B.C. following a courageous battle with cancer. Johnny's memory is cherished by his loving wife Jeanne; children Alison (Garnet) Weaver and family Amanda, Levi and Gregory, Dan Keys and girlfriend Leah La Pierre and Rob Keys and Cathy Zhao and son Desmond. Brothers Harvey (Charlene) Keys, Bob Keys (Marilyn), sister Marjory (Albert) Kuxhaus as well as numerous nieces and nephews. Johnny was predeceased by his parents Hilda and Wilson Keys, sisters-in-laws Margaret Keys and Alison Isted, mother-in-law Vera Ives, brother-in-law Fred Ives, nephew Sean Ives and niece Heather Ives. The funeral service for Johnny will be held at the Silton United Church on Monday June 22 at 2:00 p.m. Internment to follow at the Earl Grey Cemetary.
- Margaret Alice (nee Judge) of Earl Grey District passed away unexpectedly on April 11, 2008 at the age of 66. Predeceased by her mother Kathleen Judge, uncles Pat, John and James Judge and aunt Alice Nightingale. She leaves to cherish her memory her husband Robert, son Tim (Paulette), daughter Shannon (Craig) Mills, grandchildren Ellen and Scott Keys and Patrick, Ryan and Erin Mills, aunt Mae Lansdell, numerous other relatives and friends. Funeral Service will be held on Wednesday April 16, 2008 at 10:30 a.m. from St. James Catholic Church, Southey. Interment Southey Catholic Cemetery.
- Betty (nee Small) Beach Kish, late of Regina, SK passed away on February 4, 2013 at the age of 84 years. Betty was born on September 11, 1928, at Earl Grey, SK. She was predeceased by her parents, William and Myrtle Small; her first husband Arthur Beach; brothers Jack and Alexander. Betty is survived by husband Paul Kish, son Elton Beach, daughter Coleen (Terry) Nimetz, grandchildren Noel, Derek and Kieran Nimetz, sister-in-law Evelyn Small, several nephews and their families. A memorial service will be held at 1:30 p.m. on Friday, May 3, 2013 at St. Mark's Lutheran Church, 3510 Queen St., Regina, SK. with Pastor Craig Moeller officiating. Reception to follow.
- L -
- Bernadette (nee Mohr) passed away peacefully on Thursday, January 2, 2014 at the age of 62 with her family at her side after suffering a stroke. Family and friends will forever treasure the last Christmas they enjoyed with this special person. Bernie was predeceased by her father Walter Mohr. Mom will be lovingly remembered by Ernie, her husband of 42 years; son Ryan; daughter Natosha and son-in-law Jonathan Potts; grandson Joseph Potts; mother Stella Mohr; brothers Clark Mohr, Rodney (Bev) and Ross (Paddi); sister Michele Wagner (Darrel); and numerous nephews, nieces, and cousins. Mom was a kind and sensitive person who saw the good in everyone. Simple and straight forward, she was a loving and nurturing wife, mother, and grandmother. Gardening, spending time with her grandson, country music and enjoying her seasonal camping spot at Regina Beach were some of Momís greatest joys. She will be sorely missed and lovingly remembered by all who knew her. A Celebration of Bernie's Life will be held at Speers Funeral Chapel, 2136 College Avenue on Monday, January 6, 2014 at 10:00 a.m. with Rev. Ron Andree officiating. A private family interment will take place in Earl Grey at a later date.
- M -
- James "Mac". Born in Earl Grey, Sask. on February 11, 1945 passed away peacefully on November 17, 2013 at the Regina General Hospital with his family by his side. He was predeceased by his father James S., his son Steven and infant son Jonathon. He is survived by his mother Clara, his wife of 51 years Irene (Christoph), his son Calvin (Laurie), daughters Deb (Vince Nixon) and Tam (Dan Benko). He is also survived by sisters Claudette Grandel, Jean (Lloyd Erbach) and Helen (Bob Burrows) and brother Forbes (Di), 8 grandchildren and 3 great grandchildren. Mac was born and raised and spent all of his life on the farm in the Earl Grey - Craven district. Mac attended Sylvan country school until it closed and then went to Silton. In his youth Mac was a member of the Longlaketon 4-H club in which he had the champion steer in 1961. 4-H was a program which meant a lot to Mac. He served as general leader and project leader of the Longlaketon club for several years. All 4 of his children have belonged to the club and 4 generations of Macdonald kids have been Longlaketon members. On Sept 1, 1962 he married Irene Christoph of Silton. After a brief time in Moose Jaw they moved to the farm south of Earl Grey to raise their family, crops, cattle and horses. A service to celebrate Mac's life will be held at the Earl Grey Community Hall on November 20, 2013 at 11:00 a.m. In lieu of flowers donations may be made in Mac's memory to the Longlaketon Cemetery Fund. A private family interment at Longlaketon will be held at a later date. The family would like to thank the staff of the CCU ward at the General Hospital for their compassion, care and understanding during Mac's stay.
- Olga Lenora (nee Boehmer) of he Regina Lutheran Home, formerly from Earl Grey, SK. Born April 9, 1924 passed away peacefully with her loving family by her side on Saturday, August 16, 2014 at the age of 90 years. Predeceased by her husband Walter, infant twin grandchildren Sheldon and Rhea Maier, infant great-grandchild Colton Kreacker, her parents Ludwig and Kathryn Boehmer, eleven brothers and four sisters. Leaving to cherish her memory, one son Barry (Bev) Maier and their family Shawn (Raegan) Maier, Bo and Brock; Michelle (Brad) Mychan, Kya; Joel (Lee-Ann) Maier, Brody; one daughter Valerie (Bill) Dobson, their children Terri (Ross) Kreacker, Kyle and Hailey, Renee (Jay) Robinson, Carter and Kyra; in-laws Frank Greter; Tillie Boehmer; Richard (Helen) Maier; Eddie Huber, numerous nieces, nephews, and friends. Special thanks to all the staff at the Regina Lutheran Home for their loving care and to Mandy. Funeral Service will be held on Thursday, August 21, 2014 at 2:00 p.m. from Emmanuel Lutheran Church, Southey SK with Rev. Lowell Dennis officiating. Private family Interment at Zion Lutheran Cemetery, Southey district, Sk.
- Gertrudis (Truus) Maria Henrica Manz (van Eiyk) was born in Tilburg, Holland on January 18, 1921. Truus passed away peacefully on Friday, October 12, 2007 in Santa Maria Senior Citizens Home, Regina. Predeceased by her husband Leonard and oldest daughter Ricky-Ann; two brothers, Harry and Johannes. Truus is survived by her children, Dennis (Paulette) of Regina, Raymond (Elaine) of Texas, Gerald (Adele) of Swift Current, Ingrid (Darrell) of Saskatchewan Beach, Patrick of Regina; fourteen grandchildren; fifteen great-grandchildren; one sister Corry van Lieshout in Holland; five sisters-in-law; as well as numerous nieces and nephews. Gertrude came to Canada in 1946, where she and Leonard homesteaded 1.5 miles south of Earl Grey, SK. There they raised six children and were members of St. James Church in Southey. The family moved to Regina in 1960 to the Cathedral area and became members of Holy Rosary Parish. Truus joined the CWL and became a member of Holy Rosary Choir where she remained an active member for 42 years. She enjoyed baking and gardening and won numerous ribbons at the Exhibition Craft and Baking Competitions for her handiwork. Our heartfelt thanks to the staff on the 4th floor of Santa Maria Senior Citizens Home for all they did to make Gertrude's final days comfortable. Her grandchildren and great-grandchildren were her pride and joy with whom she spent much time, especially family card games at the dining room table. She will live on in the memories of all who knew her. We will dearly miss her. Funeral Mass will be celebrated on Saturday, October 20, 2007 at 11:00 a.m. in Holy Rosary R. C. Church, 3125 13th Avenue, Regina with Rev. John Weckend presiding. Interment in Riverside Memorial Park.
- Louise (nee Ritter) Hassel Manz. June 1, 1986, Louise Manz, late of Southey, Sask., passed away at the age of 96 years. Predeceased by her first husband John Hassel; and second husband Frank Manz; two daughters; Alma Shelton, and Hanna Benroth; on son Walter Hassel; one brother Fred Ritter; and one sister Elizabeth Mohr. She is survived by for daughters: Irene Klimack of Calgary, Olga Hehn, and Elsie Meyers, both of Kelowna, B.C., Cora Mohr of Southey; two sons: Jake Hassel, and Ernest Hassel, both of Earl Grey, Sask.; 25 grandchildren; 42 great-grandchildren; several great great-grandchildren; one sister Paulin Mohr of Regina. The funeral service will be held Wednesday, June 4, 1986 at 2:00 p.m. in Christ Lutheran Church, Earl Grey, Sask. with Pastor Art McCaughen officiating. Internment will follow in Earl Grey Cemetery.
- Sarah (nee MacDonald) 1922 - 2015. Sarah Manz of Medicine Hat, beloved wife of the late Louie Manz, passed away peacefully in her sleep on Monday, January 12, 2015 at the age of 92 years. Sarah leaves to cherish her memory two sons: Barry (Phyllis) of Richmound, Saskatchewan and Ron Manz (Pam Wilson) of Oyama, British Columbia; four grandchildren, Rick (Shauna) Manz and his children, Brandon, Shylo and Trinity Manz; Cory (Laurie) Manz and their children, Mckayla and Ryley Manz, Jessica (Samuel) Ross and their children, Blake and Carson; and Jeff (Kassandra) Manz; one sister, Kathleen Pallett; as well as numerous nieces and nephews. Sarah was predeceased by her husband, Louie; and her parents, John and Mary MacDonald. Mom (Grandma) touched the lives of many with her kindness and smile. She had a green thumb and was proud of her flowers and vegetables. When she moved to Medicine Hat she enjoyed planting flowers at the Cypress View. Mom enjoyed knitting and was happy to donate many slippers and blankets to those less fortunate. Her past times included watching her sports "Go Roughriders", playing bingo and cards, and doing crossword puzzles. Mom enjoyed spending time with her family and was always eager to help out in any way. She is now joined with her one true love, our Dad (Grandpa). A Memorial Service will be held at a later date.
- Wilfred Manz (1935-2014) late of Regina and formerly of Earl Grey, SK, passed away at the age of 78 years on January 14, 2014. He was predeceased by his parents, George and Teresa; brothers Ewald and Lawrence, and nephew Gregory. Left to cherish Wilfred's memory is his devoted wife of 56 years, Dianna; children, Malcolm (Lois), Terry (Wanda) and Michelle (Greg) Schuster; grandchildren, Adair (Chelsea), Jason (Mandy), Matthew (Maureen), Megan, Nicole and Michael; great-grandchildren Raidan, Daxton and Frankie; brother Norman (Dorothy), sister Eileen (Elmer) Tiefenbach, sisters-in-law Erna and Freda (Walter) and numerous in-laws, nieces, nephews and friends. The family would like to thank the staff of Pioneer Village 3 East for their exceptional care over the past several years, who were also by his side when he passed. A celebration of Wilfred's life will be held on Saturday, January 18, 2014, at 11:00 a.m. at Trinity Lutheran Church, 1909 Ottawa St. Regina SK. Interment will follow at the Earl Grey cemetery.
- William Alexander. On Saturday, October 30, 2004, William "Bill" Alexander McClintock, late of Regina, passed away at the age of 86 years. Bill is survived by his wife, Irma; son, Bill (Rita) and their children, Kyle, Berke, Rae, all of Regina; son, Ron (Dira) of Duncan, BC; sisters, Elma McMillan, Doris (Ken) Brisebois, Evelyn Werner, Marj (Conrad) Koch, Helen (Otto) Hodel; brothers, Ken McClintock, Ernie (Carol) McClintock; brother-in-law, Irvin Richards, brother-in-law and sister-in-law Jim and Marian Brown. Bill was born at Earl Grey, SK on September 8, 1918 on a farm. At the age of 5 his family moved to the Edenwold District where he received his education. He served in the army from 1941 to 1945. When he returned from the war he started farming. In 1946 he married Irma and moved to Regina where he lived for the rest of his life. He worked for Sears for 36 years. Bill enjoyed working in his yard, garage and on various projects with his sons. He was an ardent fisherman, hunter, and curler. He liked spending time at his cottage at B-Say-Tah. Bill and Irma loved to travel, with several trips to Hawaii, Las Vegas, etc. Funeral Service will be held on Thursday, November 4, 2004 at 1:30 p.m. in Speers Funeral Chapel, 2136 College Avenue with Pastor Darold Sauer officiating. Interment in Riverside Memorial Park.
- Doreen (nee Mohr) July 14, 1935 - July 27, 2013. Doreen passed away peacefully Saturday, July 27, 2013 at the age of 78. Doreen was predeceased by her parents Karl and Olga Mohr, in-laws Fred and Gwen McKee, a brother-in-law Don Klatt and a sister-in-law Millie Blush. She leaves to mourn her loving husband Ross, her son Colin and Carry McKee, their two sons Colby (Ashley) and Colton. Her daughter Carla McKee and her partner Ken Clarkson and her canine companion Cooper. Her sister Nadiene Monea and her partner Chris. Doreen is also survived by numerous brothers/sisters-in-law, nieces and nephews. A funeral will be held on August 1, 2013 at 2:00 pm at St. John Lutheran Church, Strasbourg, Saskatchewan with Pastor Don officiating. A luncheon will follow in the church. A private family interment will be held at Earl Grey Cemetery. The family would like to thank the staff in Units 4A and 4D in the Pasqua Hospital for the care and compassion given to Doreen.
- Doreen Adeline, of Regina, lost her battle with cancer on Saturday, July 17, 2010 at the age of 74 years at the Wascana Grace Hospice surrounded by her family and friends while she peacefully began her passage to heaven. Doreen was born January 12, 1936 in Earl Grey, SK. She was predeceased by her parents George and Bertha. She will be missed by her children Linda (Brad) Maurer and Karen (Jack) Dickson; grandchildren Matthew (Andrea) Brown, Scott (Tina) Brown and Amy (Alex) Brown, Vanessa Dickson, Stephanie Dickson and A. J. Dickson; great grandchildren Addy, Janey, Porter and Ashton. In her retirement, Doreen took pleasure in volunteering with a variety of organizations. One of her passions was children thus, she helped with preschool at Prince of Peace Lutheran Church and with Special Olympics, Regina, bowling and gymnastics. She also volunteered quite often as a bingo worker. A celebration of Doreen's life will be held at Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 935 McCarthy Blvd N., Regina, SK on Thursday, July 22, 2010 at 10:00 a.m. The family would like to thank the entire Palliative Care Program for their thoughtfulness.
- Henry, born December 5, 1917, passed away Thursday, February 15, 2007, in Regina Lutheran Home, at the age of 89 years. Predeceased by his loving wife Mary, February 6, 1977; parents Jacob and Sophie Miller; brother Richard (Edith); sisters, Katherina Seib (Louis), Olga Lindemann (Emil), Edith Wagner (Jack), Mary Wagner (Jacob) and Frieda Siebert (Max), Henry is survived by his four sons, Lorne Sr. (Gail), Darrel (Diane), Lloyd (Emma) and Don (Judy); eleven grandchildren; four great grandchildren; brother Louie (Flora) Miller; numerous nieces and nephews. Henry was born in Winnipeg and in 1923 moved to the Earl Grey district with his family, where he farmed with his parents until his marriage in 1944. After several years of farming he moved his young family to Regina where he worked and raised his family. After his retirement at the age of 65, you could always find Henry in his shop, where he loved to pass the time doing his woodworking. His positive outlook on life found him many friends and loved his time spent with his family and socializing with his many friends. Henry will be greatly missed by all who knew him. Very special thanks go out to the staff of the Regina Lutheran Home and Ladies Auxiliary, who put all aside to care for the residents of the facility. There is, a very special place in heaven, meant for the people who care for the elderly in the manner in which they do. Memorial Service will be held Monday, February 19, 2007 at 2:00 p.m. in Regina Lutheran Home Chapel, 1925 5th Avenue North with Rev. Orville Kaminski officiating. Interment in Riverside Memorial Park.
- Louie (Ludwig), formerly of Earl Grey, SK passed away peacefully on August 25, 2009 at the age of 83 years. He will be forever cherished by his loving family, Flora, his wife of 61 years; daughter, Carol (John) Biggin; grandson, Steven (Katrina) Biggin; two beautiful great granddaughters, Maiz and Vallah Biggin; son, Lyle Miller. He will also be greatly missed and fondly remembered by his brothers in law, sisters in law and his many nieces and nephews. Louie was predeceased by his dear grandson, Geoffrey Biggin; his parents, Henry and Sophie Miller; all his siblings, Katie, Richard, Olga, Edith, Henry, Mary and Frieda. Louie grew up and worked the family farm in the Earl Grey district for over 50 years. He was kind, loving and gentle man who has been a shining example of goodness and laughter all his life. While his smile and good humour will be greatly missed by many, knowing that he has been relieved of the trials of a failing body gives peace to all those who loved him. Following a private family gathering, Louie will be interred at Riverside Memorial Park Cemetery in Regina, SK.
- Isobel Violet (nee Severson). It is with great sadness that the family of Isobel Mohl announce her passing on Sunday, July 9, 2006 in Yorkton, Sk. Isobel was 90 years of age. Isobel Violet Mohl was born in the Elbourne District near Earl Gray, Sk on May 12, 1916. She is the daughter of Jack & Rose Severson (Knoblauch), they lived in the village of Edenwold where she received her schooling and was very active in sports. She was baptized and confirmed at St. Paul's Lutheran Church. On November 18, 1939 she married Helmut Mohl, the union was blessed with one son and one daughter. They lived in northern Alberta where Helmut worked on the railroad for three years. They returned to Edenwold where Helmut, in partnership with his father and brothers, farmed and operated an implement dealership. In 1959 Helmut and Isobel ventured into the hotel business, they operated several hotels throughout the province. They lived their retirement years in Fort Qu'Appelle, wintered in Mexico, enjoyed golfing, fishing and spending time with family and friends. Two years after Helmut passed away, Isobel moved to Yorkton to be closer to family. During the past five years Isobel lived at the Bentley Retirement Community in Yorkton. Isobel is predeceased by her husband Helmut, son Rollie, parents & two sisters. She will be remembered as a cherished mother, grandmother and great-grandmother. She loved her flower gardens, walking the beaches in Mexico, golfing and dancing. Isobel will be lovingly missed by her daughter Carol Krochak (Nick) of Yorkton; seven grandchildren: Leslie Beck (Richard), Laurel Mohl (Darrell), Loretta Mohl, Terry Mohl, Dean Larson (Traci), Greg Larson (Liza) and Shelley Vendramin (Tony); 17 greatgrandchildren and 1 great-great grandchild. Also, 3 special people in her life; Sharon Gosky, Merril Larson and Maria Reimer. The celebration of Isobel's passing will be at St. Paul's Lutheran Church in Edenwold at 2:00pm on Thursday, July 13, 2006 with Paster Lynda Wowk and Pastor Daphne Bender officiating. The interment will follow at the Edenwold Village Cemetery. A special thank you to all of the staff at the Bentley Retirement Community for the patience and kindness towards Isobel and thank you to the Doctors and Nurses at the Yorkton Regional Health Centre for the excellent care provided after she suffered a stroke.
- Arnold of Earl Grey passed away November 17, 2004 at the age of 74 years. He leaves to cherish his memory, Eleanor his loving wife of 53 years, children Marvin (Shelley), Brenda (Cliff) Kirchhofer, Lorne, Brad (Kathy) and Shawna (James) Pasklar, nine grandchildren, ten great grandchildren, two brothers Albert (Eleanor) and John, numerous relatives and friends. A Private Graveside Service will be held. Rev. Donna Smalley officiating.
- Donna (nee Pinkney) passed away suddenly on Saturday, April 20, 2013. She was predeceased by her father, Ernie Pinkney and her in-laws, Adam and Bertha Mohr. Donna is survived and will be lovingly remembered by her husband of 41 years, Harvey; daughter Christine (Wade) Massier, Trinity, Kane and Hope; son Thomas (Jaymie) Mohr, Chelsea, Addison, Tyan, Riley and Hayden; and daughters Candace Mohr and Celena Mohr. She is also survived by her mother Rose Pinkney; siblings Gladys (Cookie) Johnson, Shelley (Marvin) Mohr, Allan (Grace) Pinkney, Lyle (Wendy) Pinkney, and Kevin Pinkney; as well as numerous nieces, nephews, great-nieces and great-nephews. Donna was born June 21, 1952 in Regina. She lived on the farm by Earl Grey. She met Harvey in 1970 at a dance in the Earl Grey Hall. They married on October 23, 1971. Donna enjoyed baking, reading, cards, crafts, golfing, bingo and gardening. Her passions were her children, grandchildren and sewing. Funeral Service will be held at the Earl Grey Hall on Friday, April 26, 2013 at 2:00 p.m. with interment in Earl Grey Cemetery.
- Eleanora Mohr passed away peacefully at the age of 79. She leaves to cherish her memory her children Marvin (Shelley), Brenda (Cliff) Kirchhofer, Lorne, Brad (Kathy), Shawna (James) Pasklar; nine grandchildren, 16 great-grandchildren, plus numerous relatives and close friends. Eleanora is predeceased by her husband of 53 years, Arnold; her infant grandson Tyler; and numerous family members. At Eleanora's request a private family service will be held.
- Esther Ruth. Esther passed away on Thursday, June 16, 2016 at the age of 88 years. She was predeceased by parents John and Karolina Ritter; daughter Jane Panko; one brother and two sisters. Esther is survived by her loving husband Henry of 66 years; son Ralph; grandson Mike; great- grandson Jayden; brothers Paul (Violet), Herman (Jean), Norman (Diane); sister Joyce Ritter; as well as numerous nieces and nephews. Visitation will be held at Speers Funeral Chapel, 2136 College Avenue, Regina, SK on Monday, June 20, 2016 from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. Funeral Service will be held at Christ Lutheran Church, 322 Main Street, Earl Grey, SK on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 at 2:00 p.m. The family wishes to send a special thank you to the staff at Montmartre Care Home and Indian Head Hospital for their compassionate care of Esther.
- Frieda Ruth (nee Maier) of Earl Grey passed away March 20, 2002 at the age of 81 years. Predeceased by one granddaughter Jacqueline, three brothers and two sisters. She leaves to mourn Jacob, her loving husband of 56 years, one son Curtis (Linda) and their children Kimberly, Jeffrey and Jennifer, one daughter Beatrice (Larry) Leib and their children Courtney, Dawn and Jocelyn, four sisters, two brothers, numerous nieces, nephews and friends. Funeral Service will be held on Monday March 25, 2002 at 2:00 PM from Christ Lutheran Church, Earl Grey. Interment Earl Grey Cemetery.
- Hedwig Martha (nee Wagner). On Thursday, March 12, 2009 Mrs. Hedwig Martha Mohr passed away in Wascana Rehab Centre, Regina, SK at the age of 87 years. She was predeceased by her husband, Herman; parents, Karl and Amelia Wagner; three sons, Larry, Myles and Wesley; brother, George and great grandson, Arron. Hedwig leaves to mourn her son, Wayne (Frances); daughters, Leona (John), Mabel (Ed), Marlene (Ervin), Ethel (Jim), Janet and Rhonda; 13 grandchildren; 24 great grandchildren; brother, Arnold (Dorothy); sisters, Matilda, Edna, Lenora (Herman) and Evelyn. Hedwig's family, wish to thank all the staff of Unit 3-5 at Wascana Rehab Centre for their excellent care. Funeral Service will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 at Mount Olive Lutheran Church, 2015 4th Ave. N., Regina, SK. Family interment will follow in Earl Grey Cemetery.
- Jacob of Earl Grey passed away April 1, 2004 at the age of 84 years. Predeceased by his parents, six brothers and one sister. Jake leaves to cherish his memory his loving wife Clara of 58 years, children Ralph (Robin), Sharon (Harold) McDonald, Rodger (Gloria), Gordon, Dale (Suzie), Debi (Ken Michelson), Joy (Ken) Kress, Milton (Tammy), Tim (Denise), 26 grandchildren, 25 great-grandchildren, three brothers, numerous relatives and friends. Funeral Service will be held on Tuesday, April 6, 2004 at 2p.m. from Emmanuel Lutheran Church, Southey. Rev. Dennis officiating. Interment: North Southey Lutheran Church Cemetery.
- Jacob L. of Earl Grey passed away with his family at his side on April 8, 2006 at the age of 83. Predeceased by his wife Frieda, granddaughter Jacqueline, his parents, 2 brothers and 5 sisters. He leaves to mourn his son Curtis (Linda) and their children; Kim (Darrell), Jeffrey and Jennifer, one daughter, Beatrice (Larry) Leib and their children; Courtney, Dawn and Jocelyn, one great grandson Jesse, 2 brothers, 4 sisters, numerous other relatives and friends. Funeral Service will be held on Thursday, April 13, 2006 at 2PM from Christ Lutheran Church, Earl Grey. Interment at Earl Grey Cemetery.
- Jeffrey Curtis (November 18, 1977 - November 27, 2011). Jeff, late of the family farm near Earl Grey, SK, passed away tragically on Sunday, November 27, 2011. He was predeceased by Grandpa and Grandma Mohr, Grandpa and Grandma Saich and cousin Wayne Prystupa. Jeff is survived by his parents Curtis and Linda Mohr, sisters Kim (Darrell) Hesse and Jennifer (Scott) Edwards, nephews Jesse and Colton Hesse, Aunty Beatrice and Uncle Larry Leib, cousins; Courtney McLean and Delee Harper (Alexis, Zaida, Olivia, Mardi and Cruz), Dawn and Brad Butz (Caeleb), Jocelyn McLean, Aunty Lorrie and Uncle Larry Flicek, cousins; Jamie Flicek, Jason and Leslie Flicek (Shana, Rowdy and Larry), Holly Prystupa (Dakota and Hannah), Randy and Robin Flicek (Ramsey and Rawley), Rick and Ruby Flicek (Jorja), Aunty Lois and Uncle Grant Vargo as well as other relatives and friends. Funeral Service will be held on Monday, December 5, 2011 at 2:00 p.m. in Earl Grey Hall, Earl Grey, SK with interment to follow in the Earl Grey Cemetery.
- Mary Christine of Earl Grey passed away June 18, 2001 at the age of 61 years. A Graveside Service will be held on Saturday June 23, 2001 at 2 p.m. in the Earl Grey Cemetery.
- Valeria Monahan (nee Brown) passed away peacefully on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 at the age of 92 years. Val was predeceased by her husband Bill in 1983 and three brothers, Everett Brown of Dundee, Scotland, Rev. Alvin Brown of Saskatoon, SK., and Joseph Brown of Vernon, BC. She is survived by her brother Rev. Reg Brown (Barbara) of Agassiz, BC, daughter Sharon Fowler (Brian) of Saskatoon, SK, grandchildren Brent Macdonald (Jacinthe Roche) of Squamish, BC, William Macdonald (Vivian) of West Vancouver, BC, and Sharyle Fowler of Kingston, ON, four greatgrandchildren, Connor, Aidan, Jamie and Samantha Macdonald, and numerous nieces and nephews. Val was born on March 7, 1916 in Earl Grey where she lived for most of her life until moving to Mutchmor Lodge and then Pioneer Village in Regina. Val was an active member of the United Church in Earl Grey for many years where she was the church organist for over 35 years. Funeral services will be held in Earl Grey United Church on Monday, August 4, 2008 at 2:30 p.m. conducted by Danna Armstrong. There will be a private family internment. The family would like to thank the staff of Main West, Regina Pioneer Village who helped to make the last years of Val's life as comfortable as possible.
- N -
- Pat (nee Hill) April 24, 1922 - December 31, 2012. It is with great sadness that the family of Pat Nixon announces her passing on Monday December 31 at the age of 90. Pat was predeceased by her parents; Jack and Mary Hill, sisters; Mary (Alcide) Belliveau, Margaret (Owen) Corrigan, brother Jim (Madelene, Irene) Hill, niece, Sheila Bartnik, and nephew Brian Corrigan. Pat is survived by son, Birney (Carol) Nixon of Earl Grey, granddaughter Sandra Nixon (Andy Tate), great-grandchildren, Jesse, Brittany and Tyler Walby, grandson Danny (Jessica) Nixon, Earl Grey, great-grandchildren Arowyn and Trace; granddaughter Vicki (Darren) Bracken of Strasbourg and great- grandchildren Colby and Danica. Daughter Jean Schaffer (Bing Forbes) Estevan, grandson Greg Schaffer, (Helen Flengeris), great grandchildren Finn and Gabrielle Schaffer, daughter Donna Ritter, Calgary, Ab, son Vince (Deb Macdonald) Southey, grandchildren, James (Alysia) Regina, Luke, Yellowknife, NWT, and Holly, Saskatoon. Son, Spencer (Rhonda) Nixon, Earl Grey and grandson Mitchell. Pat is also survived by special cousins Bob and Helen Nixon of Earl Grey and their families, as well as three nieces and six nephews. The family extends sincere thanks to the staff on Unit 2-5 at Wascana Rehabilitation Centre for the loving care they provided for Pat during her stay there since May of 2010, after suffering a stroke. The funeral service will be held at the Earl Grey United Church, Earl Grey,Sk on Saturday January 5, 2013 at 2:00 pm.
- O -
- Gilbert (1931 – 2016). Gilbert passed away peacefully on Tuesday, August 23, 2016 with family by his side. He was predeceased by his parents Andrew and Anna; his first wife Ora; brother Andrew; sister Grace. Gilbert is survived by his wife Helen; son Greg (Marla); granddaughter Shanaye; step-grandsons Kyle and Chris; stepsons Mike, James, and Jeff (Kristina); brothers Olaf and Fred (Norma Jean); sisters Stella, Astrid, and Norma (Bill); as well as numerous nieces, nephews, and friends. Gil was born in Earl Grey, SK and grew up on the farm. He worked for SaskPower and also farmed near McLean. Gil was a very kind and gentle man who loved spending time with family. His favourite hobbies were playing the accordion and dancing. In keeping with his wishes a private family service will be held.
- P -
- Elsie (nee Foster). It is with heavy hearts that the family of Elsie Paul-Dyck announce her passing in her 94th year on May 9, 2013. Elsie was born on March 5, 1919 and took her schooling at Beulah School near her parent's original homestead north of Earl Grey, SK. She married George E. Paul on October 30, 1943 and they were together for 42 years until George's passing. As a widow, she met and married Jacob Dyck of Hanley and they were together until his passing in 2005. Left to cherish Elsie's memory are her daughter Sandra (Irwin) Kempin of Hinton, AB, and her sons Ken (Gwen) Paul, Marlowe (Gaetane) Paul, Clarence (Patti) Paul, and Colin (Elisa) Paul, all of Saskatoon, SK. Elsie is predeceased by her daughter Loretta-Jean McCoy of Calgary, AB. Elsie is survived by 16 grandchildren, 19 great grandchildren, and 2 great great grandchildren. Thank you to all the wonderful caregivers at Circle Drive Alliance Care Home. A Memorial Service in Elsie's memory will be held on 30 May at 2:00 p.m. in Prairie View Chapel at the Circle Drive Alliance Church.
- Glen. It is with great sadness the family of Glen Pinkney of Earl Grey announce his passing on November 5, 2001 after a lengthy illness at the age of 78 years. Predeceased by his parents William and Frances, his wife Delores and brother-in-law Kenny. He leaves to mourn his two daughters Marla (Kevin) and Terry (Vern), four granddaughters Heidi, Kyla, Ashley and Jillian, four sisters Phyllis (Jim), Myrtle, Joyce (Hilding) and Illa (Gordon), as well as numerous nieces, nephews and friends. Funeral Service will be held on Thursday November 8, 2001 at 2 p.m. from Earl Grey United Church. Interment Earl Grey Cemetery.
- Willis Raymond passed away suddenly on Saturday, October 28, 2000. Willis was born in Earl Grey, SK on January 13, 1928. He was predeceased by his parents; one sister; three brothers and by one grandson, John Pinkney. Willis is survived by his loving wife of 48 years, Jessie; children, Sandy (Terry) Vanstone of Winnipeg, Jill (George) Krasilowez of Medicine Hat, and Neil (Judy) Pinkney of White City; grandchildren Rob and Marc Krasilowez and Megan Vanstone. Also survived by one sister, Vera (Gerry) Hupp and by one brother, Harvey (Anna) Pinkney. Willis worked for the Regina Public School Board until he retired in 1990 after 37 years of service. Together, Willis and Jessie enjoyed camping, golfing, spending time with friends and neighbors, as well as the occasional trip. The memorial service will be held on Wednesday, November 1, 2000 at 1:30 pm in Zion United Church, 120 Broad St., Regina, with Rev. A Taylor officiating. A private family interment will be held at the Earl Grey Cemetery.
- Herbert. October 16, 1921 Birkenhead, England - May 19, 2013 Calgary, AB. Herbert "Herb" Pointer, passed away peacefully on Sunday, May 19, 2013 at the age of 91 years with Marjorie, his wife of sixty-three years at his side. Herb was born in England, immigrating to rural Saskatchewan with his family at the age of four. After graduating high school in Earl Grey, he joined the RCAF in 1940 where he served as a radio operator. After the war, he returned to Regina and began his professional career with Reid Smith and Forbes where he obtained his Chartered Accountant designation. In 1971, he moved with his family to Calgary to work with Dome Petroleum. He retired from Stittco Energy in 2001. As patriarch, Herb took great pride in his family and was always instrumental in getting the family together and keeping it close. He will be sadly missed by his loving wife Marjorie; his five children, Theresa (Dave), Beverly (Donald), Donna (Donald), Thomas (Sandi) and Sandra (Stanley); his eleven grandchildren, Ryan (Tanya), Evan, Gavin, Stewart, Richard (Danielle), Stephen (Erika), Katherine (Kyle), Rachel, Jillian, Geoffrey (Kathryn) and Scott; his great-grandchild, Jackson; as well as his brother Reginald and sister Yvonne. Herb was predeceased by his grandson Peter, his sister Peggy and his first wife Theresa. Funeral Services will be held at McInnis & Holloway's Fish Creek Chapel, Calgary, AB. on Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 2:00 p.m.
- Martin Edward late of Regina, SK, passed away on Saturday, July 11, 2009 at the age of 94 years. He was predeceased by his wife, Emilie in 2003; parents, Michael and Anna and sisters, Annie(Ed) Miller and Edna (Bill) Banford. Martin was born on March 6, 1915 on the farm at Sec. 27, Tp. 22, Rge. 20, W. 2 (near Earl Grey, SK.) and was educated in Earl Grey. On November 21, 1939, Martin married Emilie Boehner, his partner for 64 years. Martin took over the family farm in 1947, living on the farm until 1961 when the family moved to Regina, where he also worked for Sask. Power. Martin continued to farm until selling the land in 1974 and then retired from Sask. Power in 1980. During his life, his twin sons were his constant focus. While living on the farm, one of his pleasures was playing in the Earl Grey Band with his oldest son, Lloyd. His love of music was further shown by the number of concerts they attended at the Centre of the Arts in Regina, and at the Craven Jamboree. During his retirement, the family did a lot of traveling in the motor home and camping around Western Canada. The odd fish was caught during this time on lakes around the province: Long Lake, Cowan, Delaronde and Candle, just to name a few. Martin loved the Threshermen's Reunions and would attend every one he could find from Austin, MB to Irricana, AB. Thank Goodness the rest of the family enjoyed them too! And what would a July First celebration be if not at the ball tournament in Earl Grey? Martin, Donald and Douglas were staunch supporters of the Earl Grey Rockets when they played their league games in Regina. He also liked cheering for the Regina Rams football team, but had no interest in the Roughriders. Even though Martin worked off the farm for many years, his interests always were with agriculture. Martin is survived by sons, Donald and Douglas of Regina, Lloyd of Saskatoon; granddaughter, Melissa (Tyler) Brooks and great-grandchildren Owen and Charlotte of Kingston, ON; grandson, Michael(Anika) and great-grandchildren, Wyatt, Sonja, and Clark of Saskatoon, as well as several nieces and nephews. The Poth family would like to thank the staff and nurses of Parkside Extendicare for the excellent care given to Martin during his stay there. A Graveside Service will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Friday, July 17, 2009 at the Earl Grey Cemetery, Earl Grey.
- Q -
- R -
- Sydney L. of Earl Grey passed away February 12, 2003 at the age of 90 years. Predeceased by his wife Amalia (Molly), infant son, infant granddaughter, grandson Michael, two brothers Alex and Wilfred (Buster) and one sister Sarah Kiel. He leaves to mourn daughter Joyce (Alfred) Bundus, son Bill (Jan), two grandchildren Trevor (Jackie) and Tawnya (Louis), two great grandchildren Jonathon and Rachelle, numerous nieces, nephews and friends. Memorial Service will be held on Tuesday, February 17, 2003 at 2 P.M. from Silton United Church. Interment: Longlaketon Cemetery.
- Caroline of Pioneer Village, Regina and formerly of Earl Grey passed away December 3, 2001 at the age of 91 years. Predeceased by her husband Louie, her parents, four brothers and three sisters. She leaves to mourn one son Arnold (Elaine), two daughters Emma (Valentine) Schmidt and Helen (Richard) Maier, nine grandchildren, twenty great grandchildren, two great great grandchildren, three sisters, one brother, numerous nieces, nephews and friends. Funeral Service will be held on Thursday December 6, 2001 at 2 PM from Christ Lutheran Church, Earl Grey. Pastor Bob Langdon officiating. Interment Earl Grey Cemetery.
- Clara E. of Earl Grey, SK passed away on November 26, 2010 at the age of 99. She leaves to mourn two sons Archie (Belle) and Jim (Marilyn), grandchildren and great grandchildren, numerous nieces and nephews. A Graveside Service will be held on Tuesday, November 30 at 2 PM from Earl Grey Cemetery, Earl Grey.
- Carla Ann (nee Mohr). It is with great sadness the family of Carla Ann Roy born August 8, 1974 announce her tragic passing on July 3, 2012. Predeceased by her grandparents George and Julia Mohr and Eldon Archibald, and uncle Bob Mohr. She is survived by her children Dalton (5) and Shayna (2); her parents Eugene and Shirley Mohr (Earl Grey), her brother Michael (Carrie) Kobe and Kayla (Lloydminster); grandmother Jean Archibald (Craik); good friend Jason Geber (Cupar); and the father of her children Mike Roy. She will be forever loved and missed by her many aunts, uncles, cousins and friends. Funeral service will be held in Earl Grey Community Hall on Friday July 6 at 2:00 p.m.
- Henry William of Manitou Beach (formerly of Craven, SK) passed away September 6, 2015 at the age of 81 years. Predeceased by his parents Henry and Minnie; two brothers, Albert (wife Justina) and Sig (wife Gladys); two brothers-in-law, Albert Weber and Bill Dyck; he is survived by four sisters, Martha Simaluk (Hank, deceased), Alvina (Wayne) Peddie, Liz McClelland (Larry, deceased), Diane (Jim) Carroll; three brothers, Eddie (Donna), Rudy (Jean), Ernie (Judy, deceased) and numerous nieces, nephews and cousins. Celebration of Henry's life will be held on Friday, September 11, 2015 at 1 p.m. in the Earl Grey Community Hall with Danna Armstrong, DLM officiating. Interment at Earl Grey Cemetery.
- Judith "Judy" (nee Koshman), of Earl Grey, was born on March 16, 1945 and passed away peacefully on Saturday, January 24, 2009 in Regina. She was predeceased by her dad George Koshman and sister Iris in infancy. Judy leaves to cherish her memory her loving husband Ernie; sons Brent (Bev) and their family Ben and Bryden; Darren (Shawna) and daughter Kennedy; Chad (Nancy) and their family Noah and Olivia; and Kristopher; mom Mary Koshman; brothers and sisters Gordon (Lil) Koshman, Sharon (Tony) Wilde, Gladys (Keith) Hill, Bradley (Sherrie) Koshman and Theresa (Gary) Schaffer; as well as many extended family and friends. Judy will be remembered for her love of teaching and mentoring the many students in the Earl Grey district for over 40 years. She enjoyed time spent on the farm maintaining her yard and garden. Judy treasured the closeknit relationship of family, especially the time spent with her children and grandchildren. A prayer service will be held at Ukrainian Orthodox Church Descent of the Holy Spirit, Regina, SK. on Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 7:00 p.m. A funeral service will be held at Ukrainian Orthodox Church Descent of the Holy Spirit on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at 10:00 a.m. with interment to follow at the Earl Grey Cemetery.
- Wendel. Thursday, March 13, 1947 Wendel, dear husband of Mrs. Susan Rumpel, Earl Grey, Sask., passed away at the age of 74 years. Funeral services at the United church, Earl Grey; Saturday, March 15, at 1 p.m., the Rev. J. M. Jardine officiating and burial in the local cemetery. Besides his wife, Mr. Rumpel is survived by five sons, two daughters, one brother and one sister.
- S -
- Albert F., late of Earl Grey, passed away in Regina on Tuesday, July 9, 2002 at the age of 84. Predeceased by his parents, two sisters, five brothers and his beloved wife Irene in June 1995. Albert leaves to cherish his memory his family: daughter Beverley (Russ) Hodgins of Winnipeg, MB; sons Don (Cathy) of Earl Grey and Garry (Sue) of Vancouver, B.C.; grandchildren: Leanne and Tammy Hodgins of Winnipeg; Dixie, Danny, Jennifer and Scotty Sauer of Earl Grey and Garrett Sauer of Vancouver. He is also survived by sisters Frieda Begg and Ella (Bert) Mang; brother Lawrence (Phyllis) Sauer and sister-in-law Irma Sauer, plus numerous nieces and nephews. Albert started farming in the Cupar area and moved to the farm at Earl Grey in 1961. He retired from farming in 1977 and then sold for Watkins for ten years retiring in 1987. As he requested, Albert will be laid to rest beside his wife Irene in a private service.
- Fred passed away peacefully surrounded by family on May 31, 2011, at the age of 83, following a brief but courageous battle with cancer. He was pre-deceased by his wife of 61 years, Ethel; daughter-in-law Darcee; parents Eva and John; sisterís Emma, Anne and Mary; brotherís Peter and Bill. Left to cherish his rich memories are his children, Judy (Lyle) Seed, Fred (Judy Richardson); grandchildren and great-grandchildren Clay (Angie) Kaleb and Lexi; Michael (Candace) and Lily; Laryssa and Zoe; sister Hilda, and several nieces, nephews and extended family. Fred was born on July 14, 1927, in Earl Grey, SK. After a brief stay in Sedley, he and his family settled in Regina Beach when he was a teenager. By age 16, he took his hard working philosophy to the railroad where he helped expand the railway bridge infrastructure across much of southern Saskatchewan. Once his own family was established, he utilized his carpentry skills and ingenuity to build many houses and cottages along the shores of Last Mountain Lake, which are still enjoyed by many families today. During this time, Fred also served as a volunteer firefighter at Regina Beach for 35 years, many of these years as the Fire Chief. He continued his passion for building as opportunities presented themselves, even at age 80, when he showed up ready to help his grandson Clay build his house. Everyone who met Fred soon became captivated by his tall, often embellished stories that seemed to grow in detail with each passing year. His infectious personality and sharp sense of humor made him a pleasure to be around. He was happiest when surrounded by family, especially when the family gatherings included a meal. His insatiable appetite marveled those in attendance which always led to more of his storytelling. From a young age, Fred loved spending time outdoors enjoying mother-nature, especially hunting and fishing. This was something he instilled in his family, especially his grandson Clay, with whom he shared a special bond which developed through countless hours in the fields or on the lake. It was during these outdoor times that Fred shared his poetic talents with his son and grandchildren as he recited an endless collection of poems and limericks. While he loved hunting and fishing, he treasured the social component of these activities the most. It was not uncommon for him to have a handful of people lined up around his ice fishing shack to hear his stories or listen to good natured jokes and comments. Besides hunting, Fred spent many hours feeding and nurturing his beloved squirrels and birds that visited his house every day. Throughout his entire life, Fred was always jovial and never complained, not even after his terminal diagnosis and subsequent treatments. He epitomized the care-free "glass half-full" attitude which inspired everyone he met. Our family wishes to thank all the staff at the Regina Pasqua Hospital, especially those in Unit 3D and Palliative Care for their caring support. At Fred's request, a private memorial will be held.
- Minnie (nee Maier). Loving wife, mother, grandmother and great grandmother went to be with Our Lord on Thursday, July 25, 2002. Minnie was born on March 30, 1919 on the family farm in the Earl Grey District. She was predeceased by her parents Frank and Johanna, infant brothers Martin and Adolph, sister Martha Buchamer and brother Walter. Minnie is survived by her loving husband of 59 years Arthur, her children Alvin, Merrilynn (Richard) Gergley, Dennis (Delores) and Arlene (George) Adair. She will be lovingly remembered by her grandchildren Greg, Trevor (Tara), Chris (Krystal), Veronica, Shannon and Roxanne and her great grandchildren Paige, Travis and Finn. Also her brother Richard (Helen) Maier, sisters Olga Huber and Nora (Eddie) Huber, sister-in-law Olga Maier and many nieces and nephews. Funeral Service will be held on Monday, July 29, 2002 at 10:30 A.M. in Mount Olive Lutheran Church, 2015 4th Avenue North, Regina, Sask. with Pastor I. Pudrycki, officiating. Interment to follow in North Southey Lutheran Cemetery at 1:30 P.M.
- Amilia Millie (nee Roth) 1917 - 2009. Amilia, formally of Earl Grey, passed away peacefully on July 20, 2009 at the age of 91. At Mom's request a private family service will be held. The Scherle family would like to thank the staff and nurses of Parkside Extendicare for the excellent care give to Amilia during her stay there.
- Anne Kathleen (nee Lung) passed away peacefully Saturday, February 7, 2009. Anne was predeceased by her husband Bill; brothers Lorenz, Peter and Johnny. She is survived by her daughter Gail (Jim) Andrew and son Bob Shaw; grandchildren: Leah Andrew (Neil Wirth), Tracy (Kelly) Flavel and Brian Andrew (Sherry Beblow) as well as great grandchildren: Kyle, Taylor, Lawson and Jamie. She also leaves to mourn sistersin-law Marie Lung, Flo Daly, Irene Shaw and brother-in-law Martin Kidd; several nieces and nephews and many close friends. Anne was born on July 18, 1924 on the family farm at Southey to parents Peter and Magdalena Lung. At a young age Anne joined the army and met the love of her life Bill. They were married in 1947 and raised their family in Earl Grey. Anne was very active in the Earl Grey community belonging to the Royal Canadian Legion and the United Church Women's League. She also belonged to the Mizpah group and took part in the Earl Grey Board of Trade Theatre group. She was an avid curler and curling fan for many years. Bill and Anne moved to Southey in 1967 where they became an active part of the community and made many new life long friends. After Bill's retirement, they moved to Regina in 1992. After Bill's passing in 2006 Anne continued to enjoy her condo at the Atrium and had a very active social life thanks to her many wonderful friends in Regina. Thank you to the nurses and staff on 5A at the Regina General Hospital for the wonderful care provided to Anne during her last days. A celebration of Anne's life will be held on Friday, February 13, 2009 at 11:00 A.M. in the Earl Grey Community Hall, Earl Grey, Saskatchewan with Donna Rumpel, officiating. Interment will be held at a later date in the Earl Grey Cemetery.
- Irene Shaw, late of Regina, passed away on Friday, April 8, 2011 at the age of 85 years. She was predeceased by her parents; sister Dorothy Kidd; and brother Ken (Bill) Shaw. She is survived by her special sister Florence Daly of Calgary; nieces Barbara (Rick) Rankin and Gail (Jim) Andrew; nephews Barrie (Heather) Kidd and Bob Shaw; as well as a number of grand nieces and nephews. Irene was born, raised and educated in Earl Grey. On completion of high school, she moved to Regina to attend Business College and worked in the secretarial field for many years, retiring in 1987. She was a member of the Royal Canadian Legion (Regina Branch) for many years and valued the many good friends she met during that time. Irene was a music lover and played both the piano and organ a hobby she enjoyed throughout her life. She was an animal lover as well. In keeping with Irene's wishes, there will be no formal funeral. A Private Graveside Service will take place at a later date.
- Hilda May (nee Kerley) passed away peacefully at her home in Pioneer Village, Regina. She was predeceased on December 27, 2007 by Leonard, her husband of sixty-eight years; her parents, William and Clara Kerley, and by three sisters, Lillian Kerley, Irene Lazaruk, and Eva McDougall. Hilda is survived by sisters Mary Stewart, Surrey, BC and Rose Vogle, New Westminster, BC, son Tom Shiels of Burlington, ON; daughter Irene (Gary Tronnes) Linzmayer, Red Deer, AB; son Carl (Margaret) Shiels of Regina, SK; nine grand children; 13 great grand children and many members of her extended family. Hilda was born on March 21, 1913 on a farm near Herbert, SK. Following years of drought, the family moved to a farm south of Earl Grey, SK where Hilda attended Burnside School. During the 1930's, Hilda worked as a domestic in her home community, in Regina and finally in Vancouver. In April of 1939 she returned to Regina to marry Leonard and start her family. In 1944 they moved to a farm of their own north of Craven and remained there until they moved to Regina Village in 1997. As Hilda's physical health deteriorated, she moved to Pioneer Village where she could maintain close, regular contact with her husband. Soon after Leonard's death, Hilda began to lose her remaining will to live and passed away on Friday April 11, 2008. Hilda will be remembered for her enthusiasm for gardening. In the 1950's she began to develop her huge yard with lawns, shrubs, fruit trees and vast beds of flowers. This early start gave her a substantial advantage in local horticultural competitions. It was also a labour of love which she joyously shared with all who came to visit. In later years, this included bus loads of seniors who came from Regina and elsewhere for peaceful picnics. A celebration of Hilda's life will be held later in the summer when the grass is green and the flowers are in full bloom.
- Tyson Blaine. It is with unbearable sadness we announce Tyson's passing at the young age of 25. We are blessed that we had him as our son and brother for this short time. He leaves to mourn and cherish his memory, parents Dale and Jackie; brother Trent (Tara); sister Kasey-Jae; grandparents Leonard & Erna Thompson and Norman & Loreen Sievert, plus numerous relatives and countless friends. A celebration of Tyson's life will be held Saturday, December 31, 2011 at 2:00 p.m. from the Earl Grey Community Hall.
- Eva Grace (nee Close) age 97, died peacefully on January 26, 2001 at Helping Hands Personal Care Home. She was born September 22, 1903 in Argyle, Manitoba and raised near Earl Grey, Saskatchewan. She moved to Regina in 1925 and married William Givens Smith in 1933. She was dedicated to her family and church as well as the I.O.D.E. and the Regina Music Festival. She is predeceased by her husband of forty-eight years and is survived by her sister, Mary Beatty of Earl Grey; three children, Keith of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Ronald of Regina, Marjorie of Calgary; one granddaughter; two grandsons; and one great grandson, who, with their families and many relatives, will miss her strong, loving presence. A Funeral Service will be held on Monday, January 29, 2001 at 2:00 p.m. in First Presbyterian Church, 2170 Albert Street, Regina with Rev. Shirley Barker-Kirby officiating. A reception for family and friends will follow in the church hall. Interment will take place the next day with the family present.
- Mary Townley-Smith Faer (1922 - 2014). Mary passed away peacefully with family by her side on Tuesday, November 18, 2014. She is survived by her sons Gene (Janice) and Hudson; daughter, Juanita (Daniel) and daughter in law Debbie (Wes). Mary was predeceased by her first husband John Faer in 1981; her son Elgin in 1997 and her second husband Tom in 2009. A Funeral Service will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, November 22, 2014 at Christ Lutheran Church, Earl Grey, SK with Pastor Richard Hordern officiating.
- Roma Joan (nee Barlow), born April 30, 1923 to William and Una Gundred Barlow in Earl Grey, SK, passed away April 29, 2010 at Wascana Rehabilitation Centre in Regina, one day before her 87th birthday. On Nov 22, 1945 Joan was united in marriage with Clarence Evelyn Swalm. The Lord blessed this union with two children, Sandra in 1946 and Stanley in 1950. Joan is predeceased by her parents, husband and children. She is survived by her loving sister, Verity Westman of Regina, SK, son-in-law William Ford of Lipton, SK, sister-in-law Mary Swalm of Regina, SK, grandchildren Sharolyn Capnerhurst (Shawn) of Thunder Bay, ON; Warren Ford (Jodie) of Cranbrook, BC, and great grandchildren Aldan and Peyton Capnerhurst. Joan and Clarence resided and farmed in the Zehner district on a farm that was recently recognized as a Century Family Farm. Joan loved the farm and looking after her horses, cows, cats, and dogs. She was quite active in her farm community showing her kind and generous spirit. Joan had many friends and neighbours that looked out for her on the farm over the decades since her husband's passing. A Memorial Service will be held at 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 5, 2010 in Wascana Rehabilitation Centre Chapel, 2180-23rd Avenue, Regina, SK. Interment of ashes at Tregarva Cemetery to be held at a later date. Thank you to Jim and Lorna Greenway of Greenway Country Care Home in Earl Grey, SK and the staff and caregivers at Wascana Rehab Centre for the care given to Joan.
- T -
- Aileen Grace (nee Stettner) aged 83: February 18th, 1928 - December 23rd, 2011. Aileen passed away in the Palliative Care Unit, Pasqua Hospital, Regina on Friday, December 23rd, 2011 with her family at her side. She is lovingly remembered by her husband of 64 years Robert; her four children Kevin (June), Jane (Dennis), David (Doug) and Susan; her five grandchildren Brett Tallentire, Jodi Vibert, Heath Tallentire, Kelsey Conway and Ashley Stamnes; her eight great-grandchildren Katelyn and Lane Tallentire, Bailey and Kalib Vibert, Tye and Cache Tallentire, Kelley and Rachel Stamnes; her sister Lillian (John) Wild, niece Shelley, nephews Ray, Warren and Murray, great nieces and nephews, aunts and uncles. Aileen is pre-deceased by her parents Carl and Alberta Stettner and brother Raymond. Funeral to be held Friday, December 30th, 2011 at 2:00 p.m., Earl Grey United Church. Interment will be in the Earl Grey Cemetery.
- Robert 'Bob' Allinson. It is with great sadness we announce the passing of our father, grandfather, and great- grandfather, Robert "Bob" Allinson Tallentire of Earl Grey, SK. Bob passed away May 6, 2017 at William Booth Grace Hospice with his daughters at his side. Bob was born August 6, 1928. He will be lovingly remembered by his children Kevin (June), Jane (Dennis) Conway, David (Doug), and Susan; his five grandchildren Brett (Melina), Jodi (Brian) Vibert, Heath (Maryse), Kelsey (Quinn) Conway, Ashley (Dwayne) Stamnes; nine great-grandchildren Katelyn and Lane Tallentire, Bailey and Kalib Vibert, Tye, Cache and Steel Tallentire, Kelley and Rachel Stamnes. Bob was predeceased by his wife Aileen, his parents Ike and Myrtle, and brothers Bill and Fred Burke. A celebration of Bob's life will be held Saturday May 13 at 2:00 p.m. in the Earl Grey Community Hall with Danna Armstrong officiating.
- George Jack, formerly of the Earl Grey District passed away May 30, 2006 at the age of 93. Predeceased by his wife Hazel and brother Bill. He leaves to mourn 2 sons Bill (June), Barry (Sally) and 3 daughters Shirley (Don) Johnston, Joan (Gerry) Baker and Betty (Larry) Gellner, 11 grandchildren, numerous great grandchildren, one brother Walter (Anna), numerous other relatives. Funeral Service will be held on Tuesday, June 6, 2006 at 11:00 A.M. from Earl Grey United Church. Interment at Regina Memorial Gardens.
- Mary (nee Weber) February 2, 1927 - June 5, 2013. Mary, late of Calgary, AB, passed away peacefully on Wednesday, June 5, 2013 at the age of 86. Predeceased by her parents, Herman and Ida Weber; two husbands, K. Roy Crofts and Gerald Theaker; infant daughter Vera; son George; grandson Ryan Crofts; sister Ann Euteneier; and brother Hermann Weber. Mary is survived by her daughter-in-law Gloria Crofts of Calgary; son Howard (Constance) Crofts of Regina; daughter Linda (Peter) Kostiuk of Winnipeg; six grandchildren, Bradley (Natasha) Crofts of Calgary, Stephanie (Michael) Black of Drumheller, Cameron Forbes (Sue Herring) of Vancouver, Tara (Greg) Draper of Calgary, Jeremy Kostiuk of Winnipeg, Taylor (Lindsay) Kostiuk of Winnipeg; six great-grandchildren in Alberta and numerous nieces and nephews. Mary was born near Serath, SK, the eldest of three children. She married K. Roy Crofts in 1944 and they farmed in the Strasbourg district until moving to Earl Grey. She was the typical hard working mixed farming wife and mother of her era. Raising children, farm tasks, baking, gardening, canning, sewing and needlework was the order of the day. In 1962, the family moved to Regina and eventually time allowed her to take up a part-time job at Sears on Broad Street. In 1970, she became a widow. She met Gerald Theaker and they married in 1971, necessitating her move to the Milestone area where they grain farmed until retirement took her to Kelowna. After Gerald's death in 1997, she moved to Calgary. Mary's children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren were very important to her. She spent many an hour crocheting blankets and afghans for them. Mary possessed wonderful skills in sewing and needlework. The family would like to thank the staff at Clifton Manor in Calgary for their care and kindness over the past 17 months. Funeral Service will be held at Speers Funeral Chapel, 2136 College Avenue, Regina on Saturday, June 15, 2013 at 1:00 p.m. with interment in Regina Memorial Gardens.
- U -
- Frank Uhl passed away peacefully at home in Earl Grey on July 5, 2014 at the age of 97. He was born on December 31, 1916 at Zehner, SK. Frank was a veteran of World War II, and at the time of his death, the oldest surviving member of his family. Frank married Anne Ebenal in Barrie, Ontario on August 6, 1943 and they came back to Saskatchewan after the war. He enjoyed his time working as a mechanic in Regina and in Rouleau. When his brother Carl moved to British Columbia, Frank took over his farm and moved his growing family there. While farming, he also drove John Smith's gas delivery truck, and indulged in his hobbies of playing ball, umpiring, and curling in both the Bulyea and Strasbourg Curling Clubs. Sports days on Fred Fehr's land were also a big source of enjoyment for Frank. In 1963 'Floorboards Frank' built the house and Frank's Esso service near Rowan's Ravine Provincial Park. That was a huge move for the family and all agreed it was the best thing they could have done. He said many times that the store was the best education for his children. While operating the store, he continued to do a bit of farming, as well as driving school bus. The family developed close relationships with many of the 'beach people' and maintain those friendships today. Frank and Anne retired in 1981 and spent the next ten years together enjoying their retirement and spending time with their children and grandchildren. Anne passed away early in 1991. Frank married Evelyn Mohr later that year and moved to her home in Earl Grey. He thought it was fitting that he live out his retirement years in his home area. Frank Uhl was predeceased by his parents, John and Caroline Uhl, and his first wife and mother of his children, Anne Uhl. Frank suffered his greatest loss when his son Allan passed away in 2004. He was also predeceased by his great granddaughter Carissa and grandson Phillip, and several siblings. Frank is survived by his loving wife Evelyn Mohr; his children Jim (Maryann); Jeanne (Fred); Larry (Sharon); Don (Trudy); Jo-Anne (Roy); Jackie (Wayne); Diane (Gerry); and step-daughters Sharon (Wally) and Bev. He is also survived by 24 grandchildren; 29 great-grandchildren; 1 great-great-grandchild; his siblings Elsi Elinora, Wilf, Laura (Ted), Erwin, and Helen (Fred); sisters-in-lav Agnes, Veryl, Barb, and Dorothy; as well as other extended family members. The funeral was held Wednesday, July 9th at 2:00 PM at the Earl Grey Community Hall, with Rev. Dr. Lois Knudson Munholland officiating. Burial followed at Strasbourg Cemetery.
- V -
- W -
- Anna. It is with great joy that we announce that our Mother/Grandmother/GreatGrandmother Anna Wagner is safely home with Jesus. She died peacefully on December 11, 2008 at Sunset Nursing Home. Anna was born in Earl Grey, SK, on February 2, 1916. She was predeceased by her husband George in 1979 and daughter-in-law Isabel in 2003. She is survived by her children; Ethel (Blair) Bustard, Harvey (Louise) Wagner, Gerald Wagner, Arlene (Bruce) Hatcher, Ron (Shirley) Wagner and Allan (Maureen) Wagner as well as nineteen grandchildren and twenty-eight great-grandchildren. The Funeral Service will be held at Grace Lutheran Church, 1037 Victoria Ave., Regina, SK on Monday, December 15, 2008 at 1:30 P.M.
- Elmer, of Frontier, SK formerly of Earl Grey, passed away suddenly January 30, 2010 at the age of 62. Predeceased by his parents Richard and Lydia Wagner, brothers Edwin and Darrell, sisters Geraldine and Lavira. Survived by one brother, Norman (Rose) Wagner, sisters Hertha Boehmer, Lenora Peters, Esther (John) Hugie, Barbara Symonds, Dianne (Merv) McLaughlin, brother-in-law Gary Millar, uncle Karl Boehmer, aunt Annie Eliese, extended family and friends. Funeral services will be held at Emmanuel Lutheran Church, Southey on Friday February 5, 2010 at 2:00 pm.
- Emma passed away peacefully on Sunday, December 25, 2011 at the age of 96. At the time of her death she was a resident of Sunset Extendicare. She was predeceased by her husband, John; son, Alvin; daughter-in-law, Marge; her parents and her siblings. Emma will lovingly be remembered by her daughters, Judy Wagner and Barb (Ron) Straza; sons, Ken (Faye) Wagner and Bob (Chris) Wagner; grandchildren, Wanda Wagner, Dale (Barb) Wagner, Devin (Jackie) Wagner, Denaye (Cory) McMahon, Jen (Jeff) Fisher, Kim (Randy) Racette, Andrea and Stacy Wagner; great grandchildren, Derek, Rylan, Raena, Braedyn, Ethan, Cohen, Joel, Hayden, Kyson, Brooke, Hunter and Lucas; sisters-in-law, Matilda, Doreen and Helen Glass, as well as numerous other relatives and friends. A Celebration of Emma's Life will be held at 11:00 AM on Saturday, December 31, 2011 at the Southey Baptist Church with Pastor Clayton Grice officiating. Interment at Earl Grey cemetery will follow.
- Eva Eleanora (nee Mohr) passed away peacefully on June 16, 2014, at the age of 94 years. Predeceased by her husband Wilfred, parents Valentin and Carolina, brothers Karl, Frank, Valentine and Jacob, sisters Elizabetha, Regina and Albina, daughter-in-law Gail and grandson Aaron. Eva is survived by her son Gordon (Bev) Wagner, granddaughters Belinda Wagner (Rob Holowaychuk), Teresa (Kelly) Sutter and Patricia (Trevor) Mohr, great-grandchildren Travis Sutter, Ryan Wagner and Meagan, Amanda and Jordan Mohr, sister Martha, sister-in-laws Erna and Evelyn and numerous nieces and nephews. A private Graveside Service was held Thursday, June 19, 2014 at the Earl Grey Cemetery with Pastor Dennis Fingas Officiating. The family sincerely thanks the staff at the Regina Lutheran Home for all their care and support.. She will be sadly missed and lovingly remembered.
- Frieda of Last Mountain Pioneer Home, Strasbourg and formerly of Earl Grey passed away December 26, 2000 at the age of 92 years. Predeceased by her husband Karl A. in 1976. She leaves to mourn two sons Donald (Doreen) and Alvin (Janice) and four grandchildren, eleven great grandchildren, several nieces, nephews and many friends. Funeral Service will be held on Saturday December 30, 2000 at 10:00 AM from Christ Lutheran Church, Earl Grey. Rev. Bob Langdon officiating. Interment: Earl Grey Cemetery.
- Harold. It is with sadness that the Wagner family announces the passing of Harold, who fell asleep in death on the morning of Wednesday, May 11, 2016 with loved ones at his side. He is survived by his sons Alan and Blaine and their families. Harold's life began in Earl Grey, SK on December 27, 1924 and he lived most of his life in that community, farming and raising his family. While farming was Harold's means of making a living, he was widely known in the surrounding area, not so much as a farmer, but as a man who shared with neighbours, near and far, the good news from God's Word the Bible. His deep love of his God Jehovah and his Bible-based hope for the future moved him to speak about these things to others whenever possible. His faith was shared by his wife Floraine who he married on November 13, 1954. They had been married almost 55 years when Floraine passed away on October 4, 2009. In raising his family, Dad set a shining example as a God-fearing, honest, and hard-working man who put spiritual interests ahead of all else. We thank him for that, and for the spiritual focus that his example instilled within us. We also thank him for his love of humour, music, poetry, photography, and of all that is beautiful in creation. Dad was captivated by the glory of a prairie sunset, by the golden leaves in radiant autumn sunshine, or by the silent majesty of mountains or the northern lights, and never tired of trying to capture these on film. It was Dad's absolute, solid hope that, even if he faced death, he would enjoy all of these beautiful things again thanks to the Bible's promise of a resurrection to life in a Paradise earth. (John 5:28, 29) We look forward to that time when he is re-united with the family and friends who love him. Until then, rest Dad, and wait for Jehovah to remember you and call your name. Dad lived a simple, uncomplicated life and liked it that way. In keeping with that, his family has arranged a simple graveside memorial that friends may wish to attend. It will be at the Earl Grey Cemetery on Saturday, June 4, 2016 at 2:00 p.m. conducted by Dad's long-time friend, John Fuessel. Following this there will be light refreshments served at the Southey Senior Citizen Club, 132 Keats Street, Southey, SK.
- Margaret (nee Huber). February 14, 1931 - May 23, 2006. Born to Amalia (Senger) and Simon Huber of Earl Grey, SK, a 2 pound premature baby incubated on the side of an old cook stove, Margaret defied the odds and survived. Margaret worked as a short order cook in Regina and Moose Jaw until her retirement in 1993. Consequently she never hesitated to critique the quality of food wherever she went. She had a great love for curling and baseball participating in many bonspiels and games. In later years she avidly enjoyed both sports on television especially the Blue Jays. Having endured many tribulations in her life, Margaret could always have a hearty laugh or cajole you into a card game. After the sudden loss of her beloved husband of 46 years, Norman, in 1996, Margaret rose to the situation and assumed her independence by learning to drive (with a handicap of only one leg), shop, manage her finances and be on her own. Many faithful and long time friends encouraged and helped her along the way, to mention a few Bob and Audrey Huber, Florence Stevenson and many others. Florence was a constant companion in the end days always there to comfort and at times just to be there to hold her hand. Thanks Florence for your devotion and love. Margaret was predeceased by 7 brothers, 2 sisters and 4 infant siblings. She is survived by one sister Molly Wagner of Regina, SK; two daughters Sharon Wagner (husband Merv Nidesh) of Moose Jaw, SK and Linda Lewis (Doug) of Mississauga, ON; and one grandchild Leah Lewis of Halifax, NS, who Margaret was especially proud of. A MEMORIAL SERIVCE to celebrate Margaret's life will be held at Regina Funeral Home, Hwy #1 East, Regina, SK on Saturday, June 10, 2006 at 2:00 p.m.
- Philip Gus Wagner passed away peacefully on Sunday, May 4, 2008 at the age of 90. He was predeceased by his parents Henry and Emily Wagner (Schmidt), his older brothers Adolph and Jack, their wives Lucille and Edith, and two infant siblings. He is survived by his wife Minnie, son Robin, daughter-in-law Bonnie, and two grandsons, Mark and Darrel (both of Sherwood Park, AB). Philip was born in Earl Grey and grew up on his father's farm. He served in the army during the Second World War. In 1949 he married Minnie Siebert, of Southey, and they farmed together for over fifty years. They were enthusiastic horseshoe players, and they made many friends while traveling across Canada, playing in tournaments. Philip enjoyed farming and spending time in his workshop where he invented and built and machinery for his farm. He continued to live on the farm until 2007, when poor health forced him to move into a care home and, finally, into a nursing home. A private internment will take place at a later date at the West Fairy Hill Cemetery. He will be sadly missed by his family and friends.
- William passed away on February 9, 2010 at the age of 94. Bill was born in Earl Grey, Sask., on April 15, 1915 to Phillip and Helen Wagner. He married Bertha Edenoste on September 25, 1940. Bill was predeceased by his wife Bertha; his parents; brother Phillip; sisters Lillian, Sara, Helen and grandson Michael. He leaves to mourn his passing, son James (Linda); daughter Joan (Barry) Mark; grandsons Peter Mark & David (Allison), Andrew, and Jamie Wagner; greatgrandchildren Todd Tremblay & Hayden, Sophie and Katie Wagner; brother Herald as well as numerous nieces, nephews and their families. A graveside memorial service will be held at the Earl Grey Cemetery and will be announced at a later date.
- Arthur Bazil Hurst passed away suddenly on Thursday, August 21, 2008 at his home in Ardrossan, Alberta, at the age of 72. Predeceased by his parents Robert and Laura Ward and brothers-in-law, Herb Blehm and Albert Dutton, and sister-in-law Donna Hoffman, Art leaves to cherish his memory his sons Drew (LeeAnne); Bart (Charlene); Boyd (Dawn) and daughter Shannan; grandchildren Adam, Marley, Simon, Danae, Geordie, Cara, Max, Cleo and Nora. He will be greatly missed by his partner Ann Cundal and family; as well as sisters Irene Blehm; Iris Dutton; brother Earl (Lorina) and their families. He is also remembered by his children's mother Joan (Hoffman) Ward and many friends. Art worked at various jobs before he decided to join his brother in law Al Dutton operating Kwik Kafe Ltd. It became a very successful business but Art had a dream to operate a farm equipment dealership and he formed Ward Quip an Allis Chalmers distributor. He then decided it was time for a change and moved to Edmonton where he and Dale Morash owned/operated Practical Contractor Ltd. for many years a job Art enjoyed until his passing. Art and Ann lived on an acreage outside of Edmonton which allowed Art the opportunity to relive his youth growing up on a farm outside of Earl Grey, Saskatchewan. Art enjoyed this lifestyle the acreage had space for a large garden. Art could now cultivate his culinary skills in mass quantities -canning and freezing vegetables for all of Alberta. The acreage also included many animals chickens, ducks, turkeys, horses and a cow. A lama showed up and never ever left. A graveside memorial service will be held on Friday, August 29th at 2:00 P.M. at Earl Grey Cemetery a reception will follow at the Earl Grey United Church.
- Clara (nee Findlay) passed away peacefully on May 25, 2009 at the age of 93. Predeceased by her husband Henry, sister Jean and brother Jack. She is survived by sons Morris (Annette Shears) of Calgary, Murray (Hazel) of Regina and Lorne (Claire) of Regina, eight grandchildren, six great grandchildren, sister Edith Blanchard of Victoria. Born February 23, 1916 in Winnipeg, Clara was raised and lived most of her life in the Bryn Mawr district north east of Earl Grey. She moved to Earl Grey in 1978 and then to Regina in 1985 spending her retirement years enjoying traveling, reading, playing cards and the company of friends and family. For family and friends so wishing, in honour of Clara's memory donations may be made to the Earl Grey Mizpah Society. A private family ceremony and interment will be held at the Earl Grey Cemetery at a later date.
- Ardella Emily (nee Kiehl) of Regina and Shore Acres passed away suddenly but peacefully on Thursday, December 11, 2008 at the age of 74 years. Ardella was predeceased by her parents Bernhard and Minnie Kiehl; her brother Donald Kiehl; sister Clarice Coleshaw; brothers-in-law Pearly Matchett and Jack Minty. She is lovingly remembered by her husband of fifty years, Gordon; son Tim and Laurice of Regina and their children, Taryn, Amelia and Eric; daughter Wendy Niziol and her children Joseph and Angus of Houston and Rebecca of Chicago; son Stuart and Marlene Boucher of Regina and Stuart's children Jarek and Kasia. Ardella is also survived by her sister Dorothy Minty of Regina; brother Gerald (Allison) of Okotoks, AB; sister Eila (Jim) Badley of Milestone; brother-in-law John Coleshaw of Regina; sister-in-law Joyce Kiehl of Emerald Park and numerous nieces and nephews. Ardella is also survived by Gordon's sisters Nell Aasen of Regina; Pat and her husband Dr. Andrew Thomas of Houston. Ardella was born and raised near Earl Grey, SK. She attended Balfour Tech, Regina College and the University of Saskatchewan, graduating together with Gordon in 1955 with a Bachelor of Commerce degree. She worked numerous jobs to put herself through University. Following graduation, she held senior positions with the Budget Bureau of Saskatchewan, SGI and taught Economics at the University of Regina. In her early years she was active in the community including the City Planning Commission, the Albert Park Recreation Association and was the catalyst behind her husband's career. Ardella's life revolved around her children, eight grandchildren, her dogs and Shore Acres which is the gathering place for the family. All of her grandchildren were able to be with her at the lake this past summer, making it a very special time. She enjoyed the design, construction and landscaping of her homes in Regina and Shore Acres and was always there to lend a hand with projects for her children. She will be remembered for her love, generosity and for always putting others ahead of herself. Funeral Mass will be held on Tuesday, December 16, 2008 at 10:30 a.m. in Blessed Sacrament R.C. Church, 2049 Scarth Street, Regina, Rev. E. Morrissey presiding. Reception to follow. Cremation with a private family interment in Silton Cemetery to take place in the spring. Ardella was very close to the St. Michael's Retreat House.
- Irvin Gordon Wicks 1943 - 2009. On Friday, May 1, 2009, Irvin Gordon Wicks passed away peacefully at the Pasqua Hospital, in Regina, at the age of 65 years. Memorial Service will be held on Friday, May 8, 2009, at 1:00 pm in the Chapel of Lee Funeral Home.
- Jeffrey, age 53, passed into the arms of his Savior on Tuesday, October 2, 2012. Jeff is survived by his Dad and Mother, Harvey and Irene of Fort Qu'Appelle; brother Garth (Leanne) of Fort Qu'Appelle; sister Shannon (Danny) Jacobson of Calgary; nephews Nathan Wicks, Donovan (Cindy) Wicks, Lyndon Jacobson and Josh Jacobson; niece Jannelle Jacobson; Aunt Naida and Uncle Doug Gillard of Regina and Aunt Marlene Kalanack of Saskatoon; as well as numerous cousins. Memorial Service will be held at Wascana Rehabilitation Centre Chapel, 2180 - 23rd Avenue, Regina, SK on Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 1:30 p.m. with Rev. Terry Murphy officiating. Private family graveside service will be held at Earl Grey Cemetery at a later date. Special thanks to all the staff on Main 5 and to Jeff's friends at Wascana Rehabilitation Centre.
- Elinor (nee Pearce) was born to George and Lillie in Chicago where she received her education. She was employed at Scripture Press for 12 years and studied evenings at Moody Bible Institute graduating in Administrative Studies. She married John Wiers in 1954. They were blessed with two children Mark and Lindell. She was predeceased by her brother Delbert and her parents. She was also saddened by the death of her son Mark in 1995. She leaves to mourn her husband John, daughter Lindell, daughter-in-law Donna and seven grandchildren. Celebration of her life will be held in Southey Baptist Church Thursday April 12, 2001 at 2 PM. Pastors Sam Berg and Harold Sauer officiating. Interment Earl Grey Cemetery.
- Alma of Earl Grey, passed away at Last Mountain Pioneer Home, Strasbourg on august 5, 2002 at the age of 86 years. Predeceased by her parents, her husband Fred, great grandson Jamie, four sisters and one brother. She leaves to cherish her memory her children Helen, Clarence (Annie) both of Earl Grey and Judy (Ed) McKay of Southey, three granddaughters Elaine (Ron), Candace (Warren) and Alana (Keith), seven great grandchildren, five sisters, one brother, numerous nieces, nephews, brother and sisters-in-law. Memorial Service will be held on Friday August 9, 2002 at 2 pm from Christ Lutheran Church, Earl Grey. Rev. Lois Knudson Munholland officiating. Interment Fairy Hill West Cemetery.
- Clarence Vernon passed away peacefully at the age of 71 years with family by his side. He leaves to cherish his memory his loving wife of 46 years, Annie (Weber); sisters Helen Wilde, Judy (Ed) McKay; brother-in-law Robert (Lil) Weber; sister-in-law Caroline Weber and eight nieces. At Clarence's request, there will be no Funeral Service. A Time of Fellowship will be held at the Strasbourg Wildlife Hall on Monday, June 23, 2014 at 2:00 p.m.
- Samuel F., formerly of Earl Grey, passed away peacefully at his home on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 at the age of 83 years. Left to cherish his memory is his loving wife of 56 years Lenora (Eleanor) of Regina; his son Doug and Janice of Earl Grey and their children Nicole (Kurtis) Becker, Stacey (Glen) McKinstry and Shauna Wolfe; his daughter Val and Gary Kesslering of Parry and their children Collin, Taryn, Brianne; four great grandchildren as well as numerous nieces, nephews and friends. The Funeral Service will be held on Saturday, September 23, 2000 at 10:00 a.m. in the Chapel of the Unser-Rist Funeral Home, 2080 E. Victoria Ave. with Pastor Darold Sauer, officiating. A private family interment will be held at Earl Grey. The family would like to extend a special thank you to Dr. Gomes and to Palliative Care.
- X -
- Y -
- Z -