Obituaries of residents & former residents of
- A -
- B -
- Wesley Harold. Our family regretfully announces the passing of Wesley Bachmann, age 84, on December 16, 2005. Wesley was born at his family's homestead on November 14, 1921. He attended Kenockee School as a child near Findlater, Saskatchewan. Other than his years served overseas during World War II, he devoted his life to farming and his family. Wes married Mary Biccum on June 8, 1950. They resided on and farmed the Bachmann family farm four miles north of Findlater from 1950 1989 when they retired to Bethune. They moved to Regina in 2000. Wes was predeceased by his parents William and Pearl Bachmann, four sisters: Joyce, Elsie, Irene and Eva and one brother Murray. He is survived by his loving wife of 55 years, Mary; daughter Linda (friend Harold Jans) and granddaughter Christie (Blair) Litzenberger of Regina, brother Warren (June) of Victoria B.C. and numerous nieces and nephews. A funeral service will be held Tuesday December 20th at 11:00 A.M. in Bethune Community Hall. We wish to acknowledge the excellent and compassionate care provided to Wes and his family by Dr. J.S. McMillan and the nursing staff of 4A, Pasqua Hospital.
- Wilhelmina (nee Unteriner). On Friday, January 4, 2002 Wilhelmina Bitz passed away at the age of 86 years. Wilhelmina was born in Sedley on November 11, 1915 to George and Katrina Unteriner and in 1916 moved to the Aylesbury district with her family. In 1940 she married Philip Bitz and they farmed in the Sunset District near Findlater until 1966 when they retired to Chamberlain and in 1992 to the Craik Health Centre. Wilhelmina was a loving and dedicated wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother who will always be remembered for her patience, kindness and willingness to place the needs of others first. Wilhelmina is predeceased by her husband Philip; brother Anton; grandsons Shawn Skoropad and Randy Mangel. She will be lovingly remembered by two sons: Albert (Pearl) and Ed (Shirley); three daughters: Millie (Ron) Mangel, Elaine (Bob) Bennett and Glady (Andy) Skoropad; ten grandchildren; fifteen great grandchildren; sister: Edith (George) Zerr; four brothers: Aloysius, Andrew, John and Paul; several nieces and nephews; brother-in-law Lloyd (Ethel) Bitz; sister-in-law Kay Dignan. The Funeral Mass will be celebrated on Tuesday, January 8, 2002 at 10:30 a.m. in St. Anne's Roman Catholic Church, Chamberlain, SK with Rev. Lester Kaufmann OMI as the celebrant. Interment to follow in Chamberlain Cemetery. A Prayer Service will be held at St. Anne's Roman Catholic Church on Monday, January 7, 2002 at 7:30 p.m. Flowers are gratefully declined. The family thank the staff at the Craik Health Centre for the care, comfort and kindness provided to Wilhelmina and her family over the last nine years. Arrangements entrusted to Parkview Funeral Chapel, Moose Jaw.
- Magdalena Helen (nee Zentner) passed away on Wednesday, August 29, 2007 at the Pasqua Hospital following a brief illness. Magdalena Zentner was born in Findlater, SK on December 15, 1919. She married Frank Boehm in 1939. They briefly lived in the Dilke district, and then moved to the Holdfast district where they farmed until retirement. Following her husband Frank's passing in 1998, she moved into Lumsden Park Manor. Magdalena was predeceased by her parents Joseph and Pauline; sister Sadie; daughter Pauline Daly and granddaughter Michaeleen Boehm. Left to cherish her memory are her children Joseph (Rina), Mike (Carol), Maryanne, Rudy (Donna) and Danny (Lorraine) and son-in-law Terry Daly. She is also survived by her beloved grandchildren and great grandchildren; sisters Rose and Josephine (Harold) Schultz; brothers Mike, Andy (Margaret) and Lawrence; as well as nieces, nephews and friends. A FUNERAL MASS will be held at the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary Parish, 190 Schell Avenue, Holdfast, SK on Tuesday, September 4, 2007 at 11:00 a.m. with Reverend Neil Osiowy, celebrant.
- C -
- R. Dale, late of Regina, passed away suddenly on Thursday, June 15, 2006 at the age of 67 years. He was predeceased by his parents, Jean and Roddie; uncle, Chisholm; brother-in-law, Tommy; father-in-law, Gervase. Dearly beloved husband of Tish; father of Angus (Marilyn), Scott (Hollie), Daryl (Terry) and Stuart (Dierdre); grandfather of Michael, Melissa, Rorey, Taylor and baby Evan. Also missed by his inlaws, Dorothy (mother-in-law), Ron (Mary Jane), Donna (Doug), Kathy and numerous nieces and nephews. His greatest pleasure in life was his family. Dale was born in Bethune, SK on October 16, 1938. He grew up on the farm in the Findlater district and attended Edwards School and Balfour Collegiate in Regina, SK. Dale worked for the Provincial Government for twenty nine and a half years at the Geological Lab. Upon retiring he and Tish farmed the Cameron homestead until 1999. As of late, Dale was a helper in Stu's Trucking Company which he enjoyed immensely. He enjoyed so much seeing the country while bouncing around in "Pug, Allice and Bluebell" (Stu's 3 delivery trucks). Another past time was people watching! Special thanks to the 911 Dispatcher, the EMT's and the Firemen crews who responded to Mom and Dad's home on Halifax Street North. Your professional and tireless effort is greatly appreciated. Also to the staff and social workers at the Regina General Hospital. Thank You so much! Cremation. A family graveside service will be held at Findlater Cemetery, Findlater, SK on Tuesday, June 20, 2006. A gathering of family and friends will be held at Findlater Hall at 2:30 p.m. on Tuesday, June 20, 2006 with lunch and refreshments following.
- Gordon S. of Regina, formerly of Findlater, SK passed away on Monday, July 26, 2004 at the Regina Pasqua Hospital with family and friends at his side. Funeral Service will be held at 1:00 P.M. on Friday, July 30, 2004 at Christ Lutheran Church, 4825 Dewdney Ave., Regina, SK with Pastor Bob Leeson officiating. Interment to follow at the Rosedale Cemetery, Moose Jaw, SK. Paragon Funeral Services entrusted with arrangements.
- D -
- E -
- Ronald Charles. On Thursday, September 4, 2003 Ronald Charles Edwards of Findlater, SK, passed away at the age of 87 years. Ron is survived by his nephew, Brian (Elaine) Edwards; nieces, Ilene Edwards, Lois (Don) Blackwell, June (Don) Grenkie, Leone (Karl) Plumb; great nephew, Vance and numerous other nieces, nephews and friends. Predeceased by brothers, Neil, Dorian and Chum; and sister, Avis Peel. Graveside service will be held at 1:00 P.M., Monday, September 8, 2003 at Findlater Cemetery with Rev. Ken Walker officiating. Luncheon and tribute will immediately follow at Findlater Community Hall. Paragon Funeral Services entrusted with arrangements.
- Anna Edith (nee Aasberg), March 7, 1920 - March 17, 2005. With deep sorrow, we announce the passing of our wife and mother after a brief and courageous battle with cancer. Anne passed on peacefully at her home. Anne was born on the Findlater homestead. She was predeceased by her parents Syver and Ida Aasberg, brother Leonard and sisters Vivian and Verna. Anne is survived by her husband of 58 years Bill, her sons Greg (Sonya, Cora, Amanda) of Edmonton and Gary (Florence, Christine, Craig) of Regina. Anne completed high school by correspondence courses, then graduated as Registered Nurse from St. Boniface Hospital in Winnipeg, graduating in 1943. She immediately joined the Armed Forces (Army) as a nursing sister until the end of World War II. Anne met her husband Bill while nursing in Bienfait. They were married in 1946. Anne continued to nurse in many areas of Saskatchewan, Montana, and British Columbia. She was proud of her accomplishments as an Indian Health nurse in northern Saskatchewan. Anne and Bill retired and continued to live in Saskatchewan with winters in Arizona. Anne was also proud of her Norwegian heritage and made several enjoyable trips to Norway. She loved to play cards, especially bridge which she would play day and night. A private family service will be held in her memory to celebrate her life.
- F -
- Lena "Mickey" (nee McDougall) passed away peacefully at home on October 13, 2007. Her parents, Jim and Elsie McDougall; brothers, Russell and Allan and her husband, Robert Fleming predeceased her. Lena was born on the family farm, south of Findlater, Saskatchewan, on May 8, 1921. She received her business certification in Regina and was employed with the Royal Bank in Elrose, Saskatchewan where she met Bob Fleming. Bob and Lena were married in 1947. Together they raised 13 children. Lena was a foster parent for over 26 years. She loved children and generously gave her time to improving their lives. Even after she no longer fostered, mom's hands were kept busy with many babies in the Saskatoon community receiving a knitted afghan and a hand stitched receiving blanket. The most important gifts she gave all children, was to be humble, to be honest and to be hard working. Mom was very proud of her family. She leaves to mourn her children, David (Joan), Donald (Faye), Sheila (Taylor) Hoenmans, Sharon (Barry) McConnell, Heather Fleming, Holly (Rob) Maffin, Bill Fleming, Brian (Vivian), Beverley (Albert) Brassard, Bonnie Fleming (Bob Holowaty), Robin (Ronalee), Lisa Fleming and Chris (Leslie) Fleming; 29 grandchildren and 14 great grandchildren. The Prayer service will be held on Monday, October 15, at 7:00 p.m. from Christ Church Anglican (515 28th St. W). A private family graveside will be held at Hillcrest Memorial Gardens.
- G -
- Clinton. On Tuesday, March 11, 2008, Clinton went to be with the Creator at the age of 38 years. Clint will be lovingly remembered by his wife, Janette; sons, Dustin and Clinton; mom, Mary; grandpa, Henry Bird; mother-in-law, Margaret Kolodziezak; father-in-law, Hughie McLellan, as well as numerous brothers and sisters-in-law, aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his father, Arthur K. Gemmell; grandparents, Arthur and Emily Gemmell and Mary Bird; father-in-law, Frank Kolodziezak. A Prayer Service will be held at 7:30 P.M. on Sunday, March 16, 2008 at Sunset United Church, 177 Sunset Dr., Regina, SK. Funeral Service will be held at 10:00 A.M. on Monday, March 17, 2008 at Sunset United Church with Russell Mitchell-Walker officiating. Interment will follow at 2:00 P.M. in Findlater Cemetery, Findlater, SK.
- John Duane "Bud", late of Bethune, passed away with his family by his side on Thursday, January 10, 2008 at the age of 76 years. Bud was born in Findlater, SK in 1931; he was predeceased by his mother Ruth and father Jack, and his brother-in-law Jake Bergen. Bud is survived by his loving wife of 51 years Marie, son Ron, daughter-in-law Shauna, and very special granddaughter Jasmine and his sister Ruby Bergen; nephews Gary (Kathy), Greg (Susan), sister-in-laws Laura Jaeger, Agnes (Richard) Ackerman, Sharon (Gary) Webb and brother-in-law Ron (Ruth) Eisworth; and numerous nieces, nephews and cousins. Bud faced his cancer with great dignity, courage and strength. Bud dedicated 36 years to the Canadian National Railway, and in his spare time he enjoyed woodworking, sharpening saw blades, leather working, gardening, watching rodeos and especially watching the Price is Right every day. The Mass of Christian Burial will be held at St. Boniface Catholic Church in Dilke, SK. on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 at 2:00 PM with Reverend Father Neil Osiowy presiding.
- H -
- I -
- Kathleen Maude (nee Leake) Stewart Ihle passed away peacefully at Chez Nous in Moose Jaw on September 7, 2005 at age 101. Born in Banbury England on July 13, 1904 she moved with her family to Canada in 1907, settling in the Banbury School District, south of Aylesbury, Saskatchewan. She grew up enjoying helping her parents with the farm work. She met and married Harvey Stewart of the Barrett School District. They moved to Sunset School District southwest of Findlater where they raised their family of five children, later retiring to Moose Jaw. Widowed in 1954, she married Walter Ihle in 1959 and they moved to Red Deer, Alberta. After Walter died in a construction accident Kathleen moved back to Moose Jaw in 1978. For the past decade she made her home at Chez Nous Senior Citizen Home. Her family would like to express their gratitude to the management and staff for the excellent care that she received while there. The kindness and compassion shown to her will always be remembered. Predeceased by her parents Maude and Jack Leake (1965, 1967), brother Harry (1994), sister Winnifred (1908), sister Winnie (2001), husband Harvey Stewart (1954), husband Walter Ihle (1978), son Robert Stewart (1997), daughter Margaret Howell (1998), son-in-law Joseph Pelletier (2004). She leaves to mourn her loss her daughter Virginia Pelletier, Santa Maria, California, son Melvin (Ruth) Stewart, Santa Barbara, California and daughter Millicent (Harvey) Miller, Craik, SK, her daughter-in-law Evelyn Stewart, Moose Jaw, SK, and son-in-law Robert Howell, Disley, SK. She will be sadly missed by her sixteen grandchildren and thirty greatgrandchildren. The Memorial Service will be held at W. J. Jones & Son Chapel on Saturday, September 17, 2005 at 1:30 p.m. Reverend John Carley will officiate. Memorialization will take place at Rosedale Cemetery.
- J -
- Sophia (nee Riche), formerly of Findlater, Sask. Monday January 12, 2004, Sophia passed away at the Craik Health Care Center, 2 weeks before her 95th birthday. She was predeceased by her parents: James & Dona Riche: her Husband James, son-in-law Joe Mengel; daughter-in-law Phyllis & her sister Ruby Shathowski. She is survived by her three children; Phyllis Mengel; Donna Johnson & Fred (Darlene) Johnson; 20 Grandchildren; 21 Great Grandchildren, 2 brothers; Roy (Mary) Riche & Mike Riche, also numerous nieces, nephews and other family members. The Celebration of Sophia's Life Funeral Service will be held on Thursday January 15, 2004 at 2:00 p.m. at the Findlater Community Hall, Findlater Sask., with Rev. Ken Walker officiating. Interment family plot Findlater Cemetery, Findlater, Sask. Hanson's Funeral Home, Davidson, in Care of Arrangements.
- Gwilym Bonner, formerly of Findlater, passed away on Monday, September 18, 2000 at the age of 88 years. Predeceased by his parents, Lewis and Anne; two brothers and sisters in law Reece (Jean), Ivor (Lois). Gwilym is survived by his loving wife of 45 years Kitty; children Trevor (Pauline), Norma (Rene) Miller, Margaret (Dan) Frohlick; six grandchildren Erin, Derek, Lindsay, Kelsey, Travis, Connor; sister Mary; as well as nieces, nephews and friends. The Memorial Service will be held on Friday, September 22, 2000 at 2:00 p.m. in the Findlater Community Hall with Rev. Ken Walker officiating. Interment will follow in the Findlater Cemetery.
- Kathleen "Kitty" (nee Forsyth) Wray Jones (March 3, 1920 - April 27, 2013). Kathleen "Kitty" Jones formerly of Findlater, SK passed away peacefully on Saturday, April 27, 2013 at the age of 93. She is predeceased by her first husband Clarence Wray, second husband Gwilym Jones, parents James and Sarah Forsyth, brothers, Bill and Jim, sisters, Ivy and Renee, brothers-in-law, Jack, Jim, Ian, Arthur, Reece and Ivor, sisters-in-law, Charlotte, Lorna, Mary, Jean and Lois. Kathleen is survived by her children Trevor (Pauline) Jones, Norma (Rene) Miller and Margaret (Dan) Frohlick. Grandchildren, Erin (Jeremy) Moore, Derek Jones, Lindsay (Matt) Mazer, Kelsey Miller (Mike), Travis Frohlick and Connor Frohlick (Kirsten), great-grandchildren, Emma and Owen, sisters, Agnes and Flo as well as numerous nieces and nephews. A Memorial Service will be held on Friday, May 3, 2013 at Victoria Avenue Funeral Home, 2080 Victoria Ave East, at 2:00 pm.
- K -
- Rose Marie (nee Schroeder) Kutcher Metz passed away on Sunday, October 17, 2010 at the age of 77 years. Rose was predeceased by her parents Andrew and Adeline Schroeder; and her first husband Henry Kutcher. She leaves to mourn, her husband Victor Metz; children Gene (Shirley) Kutcher, Harold (Aileen) Kutcher, Anita (Randy) Greter, Rosanne Kutcher, and David (Wendy) Kutcher; step children Daryl (Sharon) Metz, Debbie (Bryan) Norris, Don Metz, Kathy Smith, and Marianne (Ken) Ehresman; 22 grandchildren; 6 great grandchildren; sister Adeline Folk; and numerous nieces and nephews. Funeral Mass will be held on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 at 1:00 p.m. in St. Peter's RC Church, Lumsden, SK, with Rev. Anthony Gonsalves, OFM presiding. Interment to follow in Findlater Cemetery.
- L -
- Edna (nee Knuttila) Luzny of Moose Jaw, Sask, passed away on August 14th, 2010. She was born in the New Finland (Wapella) district on January 23rd, 1920. She is predeceased by her parents Gus and Liisa Knuttila; husband Mike; brother and sister-in-law Ray and Bertha Knuttila; sister and brother-in-law Agnes and Bernard Petays; and brother Leonard. Left to mourn are sons Warren (Lana); their children Michael-Ana, Brookelyn and Jaden of Regina; Doug of Leduc, AB.; Randy of Moose Jaw; daughter Diane (Larry Smerechinski), their children Branden and Caitlin of Sherwood Park, AB.; brother Walter (Alice) of Wapella; sister-inlaw Inez of Moose Jaw; as well as numerous nieces, nephews and cousins. A Time of Remembering will be held on Wednesday, August 18th, 2010 at 11:00 a.m. in Moose Jaw Funeral Home. Rev. John Kreutzwieser will officiate and interment will take place at Findlater Cemetery at 2:30 p.m.
- John. Johnny passed away on Thursday, November 8, 2007 at the age of 87 years. Johnny was predeceased by his mom and dad and two brothers and two sisters. Johnny is survived by five brothers and four sisters as well as numerous nieces and nephews. The Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 at 10:00 A.M. at St. Cecilia R.C. Church, 5020 7th Avenue., Regina, SK., with Rev. J.B. Okai, celebrant. Burial will follow the funeral mass at the Findlater Cemetery.
- Paul Panko Luzny passed away on January 25, 2006 at the age of 72. He was predeceased by his parents Panko and Annie (Lazarowich) as well as his twin sister Paulina Annie. Paul will be greatly missed by his wife Ilenna (Symunuk), sons Paul Alexander and Stephen William (Susan), sister Lillian (Art) Lombard, brother William John and sister Olga Pauline as well as numerous family and friends. Those so wishing are welcome to join the family at the Findlater Hall on Friday, February 3, 2006 from 1:00-4:00 p.m. to share memories.
- William John Luzny passed away peacefully on Friday, April 25, 2008 at the age of 78 years. Predeceased by his parents Panko and Annie and brother Paul (Ilenna), William is survived by his sister Olga; nephews Paul (Allana) and Stephen. A Celebration of Life will be held in Findlater Hall on Friday, May 2, 2008 at 3:00 p.m.
- M -
- Vera McDougall of Moose Jaw, formerly of Findlater, SK, passed away peacefully on March 20, 2009. She was born on November 19, 1921 in Workington, Cumbria, England and arrived in Canada in 1947. She was predeceased by her husband Allan, her parents, four brothers, her sister, and three sisters-in-law in England, Scotland, and Saskatoon. Vera is survived by two sistersin-law in England, as well as nieces and nephews in both Saskatoon and England. A Memorial Service will be held at W. J. Jones & Son Chapel on Monday March 23, 2009 at 2:00 pm. Reverend Allen Doerksen will officiate. At Vera's request, cremation will take place with interment at the Findlater Cemetery at a later date. The family wishes to extend sincere gratitude to Dr. Braun, Dr. Majid, and the staff of Moose Jaw Union Hospital.
- Pauline (nee Shatkowski) June 20, 1931 - May 15, 2012. Pauline passed away Tuesday morning at the Sunset Extendicare in Regina, SK at the age of 80 years. She was born and raised in Findlater, SK., and always talked fondly of those early years with family and friends. In 1947, she married John Mengel (deceased in 2001), moved to the farm and then the village of Holdfast until 1973 when they took up residence in Regina. These last few years found Pauline first at the Renaissance and most recently the Sunset Care Home. Pauline has two children with families; Gary (Leona), granddaughter Kristen and Linda Folk (John), grandsons Matthew and Lucas. She will be missed greatly by them as well as by her remaining relatives and friends. The family would like to thank those of you that took the time to visit Mom over the last few years. These visits and phone calls made her days. Also, thank you to the caregivers at the homes where Pauline resided these past years as well as the staff in dialysis at the General Hospital. You were like family to her.
- Brenda Margaret (nee Ball) Gaudet Tyrrell Murtsell. Born in Findlater, Sask. July 16, 1912; died peacefully at 88 years October 27, 2000, Nanaimo, BC. Widow of Ben Gaudet (deceased Regina, October 27, 1956), Brenda moved to Nanaimo with three school-aged daughters in 1957. She worked for Brian Ball & Co. and Canadian Westinghouse, joined St. Peter's Church, the Nanaimo Theatre Group and Welcome Wagon, and in 1970 married Howard Tyrrell (deceased 1977). Brenda married widower Edwin Murtsell of Nanaimo in 1980. She loved the outdoors, travel, photography, and above all, her family and friends. Brenda is survived by Edwin Murtsell, siblings Edith Bomphray (Regina), Celia Royce (Toronto), and Brian Ball (Nanaimo), children Garry Gaudet (Lantzville), Margaret Kenefick (Vancouver), Denise Bryce and Robin Olsen (Nanaimo), and nine grandchildren, all living in BC. A reception celebrating her life will be held November 11th in Nanaimo.
- N -
- O -
- P -
- Ruby May Paul aged 84 years of Regina, Saskatchewan passed away on March 9, 2007. The Funeral Service will be held on Tuesday, March 13, 2007 at 2:00 p.m. in Bethune United Church. Darrell Reine will officiate. A private family burial will take place in Findlater Cemetery. You are invited to further share this day with the family in a time of fellowship in the Bethune Community Hall following the burial. Ruby is predeceased by her beloved husband, Stanley; parents; 2 sisters and 4 brothers. She is survived by 2 daughters: Joan (Mikeal) Mucha, and Sharon (Bob) Ermel; son David (Heather) Paul; grandchildren: Grant and Brett Mucha, Shayne and Clayton Ermel, and Jason Paul; sister, Mary Bosch. Parkview Funeral Chapel and Cremation Services, Moose Jaw entrusted with arrangements
- Q -
- R -
- Margaret Jean "Peggy" (nee Machan). It is with great sorrow that we mark the passing of Margaret Jean Ramage on December 28, 2010 at Rockyview Hospital in Calgary. Peggy was born in Findlater, Sask. on March 23, 1923, the middle of five daughters born to Jim and Phyllis Machan. Raised in Tuxford, Sask. in the "Dirty Thirties", Peggy learned early to deal with the many challenges that life presented, and she always met them with dignity, grace and quiet courage. These were character traits that defined her through her life's journey. And it was those same qualities that helped her through her final years as she dealt with the ravages of Parkinson's disease. She died as she lived, gently, much loved and surrounded by her family. Peggy became a reverse war bride when she left Canada in 1946 for Edinburgh, Scotland to marry Joseph Ramage, a love match that lasted over 60 years. She returned to Canada in 1958 with Joe and her two children, once again living in Saskatchewan. In the 1990s Peggy and Joe moved to Airdrie, Alberta and then to Calgary to be closer to their children and grandchildren. Peggy was predeceased by the love of her life, Joe, in 2009. She is survived by her daughter Norma and son-in-law Jim Wilson, her son Ian and daughter-in-law Barbara, her grandchildren Colin and Gillian and her youngest sister Leslie Wickstrom. She will be remembered in their minds and hearts forever.
- Mary (nee Shatkowski) passed away peacefully with family by her side on March 22, 2007 in the Santa Maria Nursing Home. She leaves to mourn, husband Roy, daughter Doris Boyle, son Ron (Edwina), Bethune, grandchildren, Troy (Manuela), Bethune and Rhonda (Terry) Bennett, Lumsden, great-grandchildren Tyren, Tyce, Rylan, Raedyn Bennett, Tia and Ben Riche, sisters, brothers, nieces and nephews. Born February 1, 1920 to Joseph and Josephine Shatkowski, siblings Nellie Ball, Ben and Walter (Flo). At age 4 Mary's mother passed away. Her dad remarried and Mary gained more siblings Olive, Helen, Albert, Margaret, Aloise, Edward and Dave. Born and raised on the Shatkowski Homestead, she took her schooling in Findlater. She married Roy Riche on November 5, 1938. They lived in Bethune until moving to Regina in 1975. They spent many summers at Eldora Beach and winters in Arizona. They travelled to various destinations and enjoyed life to the fullest. Mary was a very loving mother, mother-in-law, grandmother, and great-grandmother. Her quick wit and sense of humour, leaves wonderful memories with family and friends. Visitation Tuesday, March 27, 2007 from 7:00 8:00 p.m. in Speers Funeral Chapel, 2136 College Avenue, Regina. Funeral Service on Wednesday, March 28 at 1:00 p.m. in Bethune United Church, Bethune, SK.
- S -
- Rose (nee Luzny) 1917 - 2009. Rose passed away peacefully on August 13, 2009 at St. Paul's Hospital is Saskatoon at the age of 91. Her family finds comfort in knowing that she has lived a long and rewarding life with her husband Anton (Tony) for the past 47 years. Rose joins in heaven her parents John & Michalina Luzny; sisters Mary, Anne & Frances and brothers Edward, Mike & Johnny. She will be lovingly remembered by her husband Tony; all her brothers & sisters as well as numerous nieces, nephews, Godchildren, extended family & friends. A visitation will be held this evening, Tuesday, August 18, 2009 at 7:00 P.M. at the Chapel of Lee Funeral Home, 3101 Dewdney Ave., Regina, SK. A Celebration of Rose's life will take place Wednesday, August 19, 2009 at 11:00 A.M also at the Chapel of Lee Funeral Home. Interment will follow at Findlater Cemetery.
- Anton "Tony" late of Bethune, passed away peacefully on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 at the age of 86 years. Predeceased by his parents John and Theresa; brothers Carl, Frank, Joe and Ben; sisters Rose Stankov. He is survived by his wife of 63 years, Victoria; son Larry (Reta); granddaughters, Monica (Dean) Schwartz and Toni (Jeff) Duckworth; two great-granddaughters, ""the light of his life"" Kara and Kelsey Schwartz; brothers, Julius (Mary), Stan (Margaret); sisters, Mary Mengel, Pauline Mengel; sisters-in-law, Ruby and Barbara; as well as numerous nieces and nephews. Tony farmed a great many years. After retiring from the farm, Tony took up woodworking as a hobby. Prayers will be held Thursday at 7:00 p.m. in Speers Funeral Chapel, 2136 College Avenue. Funeral Mass will be held on Friday, August 22nd, 2003 at 10:30 a.m. in St. Peter's R.C. Church, Lumsden, SK. with Rev. Stan Tabor, Celebrant. Interment in Findlater Cemetery. Arrangements in care of Speers Funeral Chapel and Crematorium Services.
- Barbara (nee Lipp), late of Lumsden, Sask. formerly of Findlater, passed away on Saturday December 27, 2003 at the age of 81 years. Barbara was predeceased by her husband Joseph Jr. her parents Michael and Helen Lipp, sisters Mary Ball, Kay Bengert, and Minnie Mengel, brothers, Sebastian and Frank, brothers-in-law Paul Fox, John Bengert, Alex Thomas, Harold Mengel and Max Bell. She is survived by her son Leonard (Sylvia), grandchildren; Diana(Glen) Butterfield, Kathy (Cory) White, Jeff (Theresa) Robertson, Adam, Ken and Marvin Shatkowski, greatgrandchildren; Nolan and Nicholas, Courtney and Terra, Jaden and Amie, sisters Ruse Fox and Dorothy Thomas, brothers, Andrew and Leonard (Cathy), sisters-in-law Sadie Lipp and Ella Lipp and numerous nieces and nephews. The Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 at 10:30 AM in St. Peter R.C. Church, Lumsden, Sask. with Rev. Adam Sebastian OFM, Interment to follow in the Findlater Cemetery, Findlater, Saskatchewan.
- Regina Victoria (August 20, 1918 - June 7, 2012). It is with deep sadness that we announce the passing of our mother, grandmother and great-grandmother, Victoria, on Thursday, June 7, 2012. She was predeceased by her husband Anton "Tony;" her parents; two sisters, Millie and Helen; and brother Henry. Victoria will be lovingly remembered by her son Larry (Reta); granddaughters Monica (Dean) Schwartz and Toni (Jeff) Duckworth; three great-grandchildren, Kara and Kelsey Schwartz and Drew Duckworth; as well as several nieces, nephews and extended family. Visitation will be held at Speers Funeral Chapel, 2136 College Avenue, Regina, SK on Monday, June 11, 2012 from 7:00 - 8:00 p.m. Funeral Service will take place at St. Peter's R.C. Church, 310 Lake Street, Lumsden, SK on Tuesday, June 12, 2012 at 10:30 a.m. Interment at Findlater Cemetery.
- Benjamin John, late of Chamberlain, Saskatchewan, born August 25, 1924, passed away Sunday, November 25, 2001. He was predeceased by his wife of 43 years, Matilda (Tillie) in 1995, daughter Dianne Waters in 1977, son-in-law Vern Nickel in 2000, parents John and Theresa Shatkowski, parents-in-law Florence and Nick Lanz, brothers Carl, Frank and Joseph and sister Rose. Ben is survived by his daughters: Geri Nickel and Debbie (Doug) Parks; grandchildren: Cory and Lori Parks and special pet Coco; brothers: Tony (Victoria), Julius (Mary) and Stanley (Margaret); sisters: Mary Mengel and Pauline Mengel; sisters-in-law: Barbara Shatkowski, Ruby Shatkowski and Edna Dennis; brother-in-law Joe (Jackie) Lanz; great aunt Stella Kutcher; special cousin Steve (Joy) Kutcher; as well as numerous nieces, nephews and other relatives. Ben married Tillie Lanz October 23, 1951. During his life he worked in a Goldmine at Geraldton, ON, on a construction crew with Department of Highways and at Burns Meats. He also farmed until 1958 and had Ben's Cafe in Chamberlain from 1960 to 1979, during which time he farmed for many farmers in the area. Ben was a member of Chamberlain and District Elks, and of 2 & 11 Country Club. The Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Thursday, November 29, 2001 at 10:00 A.M. from St. Anne R.C. Church, Chamberlain, SK with Rev. Lester Kaufmann OMI, celebrant. Interment will follow in Findlater Cemetery. Prayers will be said Wednesday, November 28, 2001 in the Chapel of Lee Funeral Home, 3101 Dewdney Ave., Regina, SK at 7:30 P.M.
- Evelyn Mary (nee Madsen) died peacefully in her sleep with family around her on June 27, 2007 at the Moose Jaw Union Hospital. Evelyn was born at Findlater, SK on May 20, 1925. She became a teacher and started her career in the Hallville District. She met her future husband Russ and from that point on, her family, her home and her friends became her passion until her final breath. She is predeceased by her parents Axel and Mary Madsen. She is survived by her husband Russ, brother Jim (Marg) Madsen, sisterin-law Florence Bowen, children Sharon (Doug) Morman, Sandra Potuik, Gordon (Elaine) Spencer, Wendy (Don) Dickson, 12 grandchildren, 17 great grandchildren and many extended family members. A Celebration of Evelyn's life will be held on July 2nd, 2007 at 2:00 pm at the United Church, Craik, SK.
- Edna Laura (nee Detta) passed away on Tuesday, March 6, 2007. She was born at Findlater, SK on March 21, 1921. She was predeceased by her parents, Richard and Amelia Detta; one brother and two sisters. Edna is survived by her husband, Jim; son, Lyn (Sylvia); one brother; five sisters, as well as several nieces, nephews and friends. Edna enjoyed playing cards, traveling and had many interests such as sewing, crocheting, needle point, petit pointing pictures and calligraphy. At Edna's request, a Private Family Graveside Service will be held in Regina Memorial Gardens at a later date.
- Lawrence Byran Stewart, passed away at Extendicare on September 23, 2007. Lawrence was born at Chamberlain on October 21, 1925 and moved with his parents to the Findlater district in 1931. He farmed for 30 years in the Sunset district, then moved into Findlater before later moving to Moose Jaw. Lawrence was a 62 year member of the Legion, and a 32 year member of the Elks Lodge #7. He was predeceased by his parents Charlie and Eva, brother Jack, and sisters Mary Gladys and Isabelle Ackerman. He is survived by his brother Norm (Gladys), sister Jessie (Ivan) Hove, brother-in-law Ralph Ackerman; and many nieces and nephews. The Funeral Service will be held at W.J.Jones & Son Chapel on Thursday September 27, 2007 at 1:00 pm. Della Ferguson will officiate. Interment will take place at the Findlater Cemetery.
- Bruce Brooks Storry of Moose Jaw, formerly of the Sunset District south of Findlater, Saskatchewan, passed away peacefully on January 30, 2002. The Funeral Service will be held on Monday, February 4, 2002 at 1:30 p.m. at the W. J. Jones & Son Funeral Chapel, 106 Athabasca St. E., Moose Jaw. Mr. Tim Ellis and Reverend Don Bater will officiate. Interment will follow at Sunset Cemetery. Visitation for family and friends will be held Sunday evening 7:00-8:00 p.m. at the Funeral Home.
- Sarah Florence "Sadie" Storry of Moose Jaw and formerly of the Sunset district south of Findlater, SK, passed away peacefully on June 17, 2004 at 91 years of age. The Funeral Service will be held at W. J. Jones & Son Chapel on Monday June 21, 2004 at 1:30 pm. Interment will follow at Sunset Cemetery, Moose Jaw. Visitation for family and friends Sunday evening 7:00-8:00 p.m. at the W. J. Jones & Son Funeral Home.
- Walter of Findlater, SK., passed away peacefully with his loving wife by his side on the morning of June 5, 2004 at the age of 81 years. He is predeceased by his parents Peter and Mary, his first wife Helen, his two brothers Steve and Roy, his sister Helen and several in-laws. Walter is survived by Anne, his wife of 39 years and his three daughters Carol Hudy (Rod Bennett) of Kelowna, Wanda (Rod) Biggs of Winnipeg, and Heather (Robin) Riche of Bethune; also step-sons Peter (Deanna) Seidlitz of Moose Jaw and Henry (Fran) Seidlitz of Bethune. Grandchildren Leanne (Matt), Aaron, David, Jessica, Emily, Ben, Andy, Jeff, Danny, Kathy, Henry (Terry), Bill (Jessica), Patty (Gary), Terry (Paula), and one great grandson Kyler. He is also survived by his son-in-law Dan (Barb) Hudy and his three sisters Pearl Dubyna, Pauline (Gary) Schwartz, and Olive (Glen) Hardy, and numerous in-laws, and neices and nephews including his "BOYS" Gene (Shirley) Kutcher and Harry (Aileen) Kutcher. As per Walter's wishes, there will not be a funeral. He will be sadly missed and fondly remembered.
- Mary (nee Boyko) late of Findlater, Saskatchewan. Mary was born August 5, 1905 and passed away at the age of 98 years on Wednesday, November 26, 2003 at the Lumsden Heritage Home. She is survived by her loving children Helen Colbert and Olive (Fred) Harrop of Kelowna BC, Albert, Aloise (Eleanor) of Findlater, SK, Edward (Vera) and David of Regina; stepchildren Nellie Ball, Mary (Roy) Riche of Regina, Walter (Florence) of Petrolia, ON; plus numerous grandchildren, greatgrandchildren and one great great granddaughter, step grandchildren, step great grandchildren, and step great greatgrandchildren. Mary was predeceased by her husband Joseph in 1978; daughters Madaline in 1927 and Margaret Hill in 1992; step-son Ben in 1956; two brothers and three sisters. The Funeral Mass will be celebrated on Friday, December 5, 2003 at 7:00 p.m. in St. Peter R.C. Church, 100 Argyle St. Regina, SK, with Rev. Peter Pham, celebrant. Interment will be held Saturday, December 6, 2003 at 11:00 a.m. in the Findlater Cemetery, Findlater, SK. The family wishes to extend a special "thank you" to Dr. Knaus, Rev. Adam Sebastian and all the caregivers at the Lumsden Heritage Home. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Lumsden Heritage Home or Findlater Cemetery in Mary's memory. Arrangements are in the care of Lee Funeral Home.
- T -
- U -
- V -
- W -
- Alister was born on July 7, 1955 and passed away tragically on September 28, 2012. He was predeceased by his parents Isobel (2005) and Donald (1985); as well as his first wife Dianne (1977). Alister is survived by his children Melanie (Kevin) Paré and Matthew (Amanda) Waters; one granddaughter Julia Paré; as well as many extended family and friends. Funeral Service will be held at the Findlater Community Hall, Findlater, SK on Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 2:00 p.m.
- Isobel (nee Young). On Thursday, March 31, 2005, Isobel Waters passed away peacefully with her family by her side at the age of 89 years. Predeceased by her husband, Donald in 1984; brother Matthew Young, Isobel is survived by one son, Alister; two grandchildren, Melanie (Kevin), Matthew (Amanda); sister Kathleen Sherrick; two nieces, Isobel (Alfred) Fishley, Ann (Richard) Barnsley; and several other nieces, nephews, cousins, extended family and dear friends. Funeral Service will be held on Monday, April 4, 2005 at 2:00 p.m. in Findlater Community Hall.
- Jane (nee Meekins), September 8, 1917 - May 13, 2005. Jane Wright passed away peacefully at Porteous Lodge with her son, Bob at her side. She will be lovingly remembered by her children, Alice (Vic) Souliere, Bob (Shirley) Wright, Roger Wright; and her daughter-inlaw, Doris Wright; her grandchildren, Sharri and Jamie, Terry (Jen) and Debra-Jane and Scott. She was predeceased by her son, James Patterson Wright and her husband, James Wright; as well as her brothers, Owen and Wylie Meekins; and her sisters, Betty Fox and Nettie Eby. Mom was born in Findlater, SK on September 8, 1917. At the age of six she lost her mother and was raised largely by her older siblings with whom she remained close all her life. As a young woman of 18, she went to work for Dr. McGregor in Sheridan, MB, where she met her husband of 66 years, Jim Wright. They raised their family of four on the farm near Porcupine Plains and in Saskatoon and Chilliwack, BC. Funeral Services will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 at Park Funeral Chapel. Burial will follow at Woodlawn Cemetery. The family wishes to thank the staff at Cosmopolitan Villa for their kind and compassionate care of our mother.
- X -
- Y -
- Ruby (nee Henick) Faithfull Yano, November 11, 1924 - July 18, 2006. The family of Ruby Faithfull Yano are thankful for the long, full life of their mother, grandmother, and great grandmother and are saddened by her passing that occurred peacefully on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 at Oliver Lodge. Ruby was born in Findlater, SK to Anna and Michael Henick, and at a young age moved to Saskatoon where the family started Henick Bros. Meat Market. The United Church became a significant part of her life, starting with C.G.I.T. In fact, it was at C.G.I.T. camp that Ruby met a young lifeguard named Jack Faithfull. He became the love of her life and for thirty years they enjoyed many family gatherings, vacations, fishing and golfing together. After Jack's passing in 1978, she bravely carried on enjoying travelling, her widow's group activities, and became very active in the UCW. She was a devoted mother, grandmother and great grandmother, always there to support and encourage her family. She also enjoyed her summers at Anglin Lake after her marriage to Mike Yano in 1989 until his death in 2003. She was predeceased by her daughter, Joy Siemens; sister, Frances McMurtry and brother, Ed Henick. Left to cherish her memory are her daughter, Donna (Rick) Fallis and their children, Kim (Dave), Nicole (Gord) and Jason all of Winnipeg, MB; daughter, Terri Rae (Roman) Sywanyk of Saskatoon and their children, Byron (Milly) of Regina, Paul of Grand Prairie, AB and Simon of Saskatoon; son-in-law, Rick Siemens and children, Jody (Lee), Jay and Evan all of Saskatoon; great grandchildren, Ty, Brittany and Cheyenne; brother, Norm (Pat) Henick; sister-in-law, Ennis (Alec) Waldner; brother-in-law, Ross McMurtry; as well as numerous nieces and nephews. Many thanks for the special and loving care that the staff at Oliver Lodge gave mom, especially in the final weeks of her life. A Service of Remembrance will be held Saturday, July 22nd, at 1:30 p.m. at Trinity United Church (3318 Merritt Street) with Rev. Sheila Krueger presiding.
- Timothy Harry Yates (May 31, 1959 - October 10, 2011). Timothy Harry Yates, 52, of Regina, tragically took his own life on October 10, 2011. Tim lived and worked in Regina for most of his life as a commercial painter. Tim is survived by his children Kaitii, Connor and Megan, aged 19, 18 and 16 and their mother Nancy McGill. Also saddened by his loss are his parents Harry and Shirley Yates of Findlater and his brother Daniel Yates, as well as many aunts, uncles and cousins. He is loved and will be missed. A Memorial will be held 11:00 A.M. Wednesday, October 19, 2011 at Lee Funeral Home, 3101 Dewdney Avenue, Regina.
- Z -