Hill Point Cemetery
Dinsmore district



R.M. of King George # 256   NW 31-24-10 W3
GPS   51.095500°N   107.392812°W
First burial in 1922, 19 burials by 1994

Compiled & photographed by Rod Beattie
(Click on coloured names to view the gravestone photo)


Broom, Agnes Lucy  18 Jul 1865 - 12 May 1945
Broom, George  1933 - 2006 hus of Myrtle
Broom, Myrtle Read  1936 - 1998
Broom, William  12 Aug 1860 - 27 Dec 1940 hus of Agnes

Chesters, Nellie  died 1927 dau of James

Funk, Luella I.  died 19 Mar 1922 age 8 yrs 6 mos	

Inverarity, Fred  1921 - 2001	

Jakins, (baby)  dau of Jim

Linne, (baby)  10 Feb 1932 - 1932 infant of Kalle

Martin, T. Mrs.  Oct 1890 - Oct 1930	

Oja, (baby)  1948 - 1948 infant of Eino 

Petkau, Helen	
Petkau, Jacob  1859 - 1945	
Pflug, (baby)  died 22 Feb 1922 dau of Karl & Ida 
Pflug, (baby)  died 26 Feb 1923 son of Karl & Ida
Pflug, John Carl  1916 - 1996
Pflug, Rhea Agnes  1923 -	
Rothman, Eino A.  21 Oct 1902 - 20 Dec 1989
	
Schultz, J. W.	
Spence, David  died 1945
	
Tryyki, Helyn "Helen" (nee Rothman)  29 Jul 1932 - 15 Sep 2011	
Tryyki, John  19 Dec 1925 - 16 Sep 2007	
Tryyki, William "Uncle Bill"  1902 - 2 Jul 1994

unknown 1
unknown 2	 
unknown Sheepherder   (worked for Archie Fullerton) 

Walsh, Orval C.  1932 - 1983	
Walsh, (baby)  died 1930	
Willis, Bertha  1907 - 2002	
Willis, William Alexander  1909 - 1997	

Hill Point Cemetery is located 16 miles south and 1 mile east of Dinsmore off Highway 42. The cemetery was started in 1922. Trees and flowers were planted at the time but were lost in the drought of the 1930’s and the cemetery is now covered with native grass. In 1995 Myrtle Broom reported in the Dinsmore history book “A Place to Call Home” that the records of burials were destroyed in a fire many years ago.

In 1980, as a "Saskatchewan 75th Project", the ladies of the Suncrest (Homemakers) Women’s Institute took over the cleanup and care of the cemetery. The original plans were located by Herb Swan, MLA and with help of people in the area the posts around the cemetery were painted. In 1986 the plots were re-staked and a sign marking the cemetery was made and erected by Ken and Shirley Bogner. In 1993 the old fence was removed and replaced and at this time the Oja brothers donated a new entrance gate.

With the record of early burials lost… white painted wooden crosses were erected on known grave locations in the cemetery. In this listing these crosses have been randomly assigned to one of the known or unknown names—unfortunately there is no way of knowing if any are correctly assigned.


(Click on photo to enlarge)

       




Home   |   Lookups   |   Obituaries   |   Research