Birth Marriage Death Certificates - B.M.D. - Saskatchewan
Vital Statistics Genealogy Search Page --(historical) birth, marriage, death-- now available via Information Services Corporation (ISC)
The Department of Vital Statistics (a program of the Saskatchewan Government's Department of Health) is the main source for certificates of birth, death or marriage. As the previous link takes one to the main page of ICS, read How to locate birth, marriage and death certificates in Saskatchewan, Canada for further information. Please use the getting started web pages or the above link to help narrow down a date and obtain more information to help ICS (Saskatchewan Health) process your request.
- GENEALOGICAL INDEXES AVAILABLE TO
SASKATCHEWAN PEOPLE IN CENTENNIAL YEAR (news release)
"The act will create the authority for Saskatchewan
Health to compile, publish and distribute genealogical
indexes of births, marriages and deaths as a support
to people researching their history. The year range for
the indexes will be developed in the act regulations at a
later date; in other jurisdictions the range is typically
95 to 120 years for births; 20 to 70 years for deaths; and
50 to 80 years for marriages."
- Sometimes documents can be received through the church. Many churches have their historical records held at the church archives. The archives for the church is not the same as the National (Canadian Government and historical documents) or the Provincial Archives (Province of Saskatchewan Government and historical documents). With some denominations, the church archives are held at Provincial Archives, please check archive listing, with other churches, they are held one main church center for the denomination. Check Church Resources for online listings for more information for each denomination.
- Saskatchewan Catholic Church Records has recently been added to the familysearch.org website Catholic parishes and dioceses located in Saskatchewan. Church records. Catholic parishes in Saskatchewan, Canada.. This online archive contains baptisms, confirmations, marriages, burials, and other records from several Roman Catholic parishes created some time between the years 1846-1957.
Saskatchewan Church Records Addresses of some of the major denominations in Saskatchewan (FamilySearch)
- See also the cemetery and obituary Resources for more information. Volunteers may do some obituary look ups at the look up pages, mailing lists or posting boards. The Saskatchewan Genealogy Society SGS Saskatchewan Residents Index SRI and Cemetery index is now online and searchable.
- See also the Birth or Marriage Announcements, Obituaries and In Memoriams in local newspapers
- Adoptive resource information in Saskatchewan can be helpful in tracing orphaned ancestors who may have been looked after in foster care.
Saskatoon Public Library In-House Databases will search for instance... Saskatoon Newspaper Index Saskatoon Obituary Index : 1946 onward Telephone Directories at the Library || How to request a copy of the obituary found at the aforementioned search page.
Divorce in Canada (1841-1968) Collections Canadian Government Library and Archives LAC
Birth, Marriage and Death Certificates
|Saskatchewan Government Issued Certificates by Express Legal
Publication List Using "Vital Statistics"
Improvements to the Vital Statistics Act
To obtain birth, marriage or death certificates in Saskatchewan
- Vital Statistics Unit
- Birth Registration
- Birth Certificates
- Popular Baby Names
- Marriage Registration
- Marriage Certificates
- Death Registration
- Death Certificates
- Change of Name Registration
- Change of Name Certificates
- Adoption Information
- Vital Statistics Fees
- Vital Statistics Application
- Directory of
- Out-of-Province Vital
- Statistics Services
Information Services Corporation (ISC) took over the management and operation of the Vital Statistics Registry for the Provincial Government
ISC web site search Vital Statistics, then choose Genealogy Index Searches
Births registered over 100 years ago.
Deaths registered over 70 years ago.
Top | Resources | Home
More Birth, Marriage, Death Record Information
Canada, Births and Baptisms, 1661-1959 FamilySearch.org ONLINE
Canada Deaths and Burials, 1664-1955 FamilySearch.org ONLINE
Canada, Marriages, 1661-1949 FamilySearch.org ONLINE
Canadian Birth, Marriage and Death Certificates - Saskatchewan - Global Gazette
Canadian Genealogy Center - Births Baptisms
Canadian Genealogy Centre - Births, Marriages, Deaths
Canadian Genealogy Centre - Civil Registration
Canadian Genealogy Center - Divorce record information
CAN-Naturalizations Mailing List
CHURCH ADDRESS or PHONE NUMBER: Sask Tel Saskatchewan Online Phone Directory orCanada 411 Saskatchewan Online Phone Directory
Church of Latter Day Saints
Church records - birth, baptism, christening, marriage, funeral records
Court records information
Cyndis List Birth and Baptisms
Cyndis List marriages
Genealogy - Health - Government of Saskatchewan
Note above WWW Url is subject to change. Please notify the webmaster if you receive a broken connection.
Documentum ECIS. Bibliothèque et Archives nationales du Québec (BAnQ) partnered with Library and Archives Canada (LAC) to provide a a "Federated Search Engine" Supported by the Council of Provincial and Territorial Archivists (CPTA) of Canada, the federated search engine provides a database search of many different sources in one place, such as homestead records, 95 separate directories, marriage and divorce records, military records, &c.
Divorce in Canada (1841-1968) LIbrary and Archives Canada
Genealogy Resources on the Internet Vital Records (census, BDM)
ISC Vital Statistics Genealogy Search Page Mirror site on ancestry.com
Marriages from Humboldt, Saskatchewan Journal – Oct 1905 to Dec 1 1921
Newspapers 1871-2007 Le courrier de l'ouest, Le Patriote de l'Ouest, Moose Jaw Herald Times, Prince Albert Times, Qu'Appelle Progress, The Grain Growers' Guide, The Illustrated War News &c. Search engine online by University of Alberta in partnership.
SASKATCHEWAN Birth, Marriage and Death Records, by Fawne Stratford-Devai
Records of Birth, Marriage, Death in Canada -
CIVIL REGISTRATION - Roving Reporter Friday, June 25, 1999 Vol. III Number10
Records of Birth, Marriage and Death in Canada: CIVIL REGISTRATION: Global Gazette Friday, June 25, 1999 Vol. III Number 10
Rootsweb Message Boards - Boards > Topics > Research Resources
Saskatoon Public Library - Births Marriage and Death Records
- Vital Records (BMD, name changes, etc.)
Wills, deeds, Judicial District Court Records and Probate Records
Top | Resources | Home
Visitor # 145539
Web Master: Sask Gen Webmaster, for Sask Gen Web Project
Web Page title: bmd.html
Web Publish Date: Sunday, 24-Feb-2013 07:15:55 MST
Births Marriages Deaths - Saskatchewan Feedback/comments added below.
|Postings should relate to both Saskatchewan and bmd resources. Use the Query boards for general queries regarding family or genealogy. Add your Comment .......More information Regarding Posting |