T. C. BOURNS, M.D.
Dr. T. C. Bourns, a prominent physician and surgeon of Qu'Appelle
and owner of the Central Drug Company, was born in Addison, Ontario,
on the 27th of July, 1860, a son of John and Esther (Jyout) Bourns,
natives of Ireland. For many years the father engaged in farming in
Ontario and was one of the foremost citizens of the community in which
he resided. Mr. and Mrs. Bourns are deceased.
In the pursuit of his preliminary education T C. Bourns attended
the public schools of his birthplace and at an early age determined to
enter the medical profession. As a result he enrolled in Queen's College
at Kingston, Ontario, from which institution he was graduated in 1892.
Dr. Bourns began the practice of his chosen professi6n in his native
province and remained in Whitney for about eight years before coming
to Saskatchewan. In 1907 he located in Qu'Appelle and immediately pur-
chased the Central Drug Company, in the conduct of which he has since
been active, and he enjoys an extensive and important patronage. Dr.
Bourns also has a large private practice and has been medical officer for
this town, satisfactorily discharging the duties of that office.
In 1906 Dr. Bourns was married to Miss Arley Anderson, a native
of Ontario, and to them the following children have been born: Kathleen,
Ruth and James Jyout. Mrs. Bourns takes an active interest in the dub
arid social affairs of Qu'Appelle. Since he was twenty-one years of age
the Doctor has been a member of the Masonic fraternity and he is readily
conceded to be an exemplary member of the craft. His religious faith is
that of the English church. Although the greater part of Dr. Bourns'
time and attention is devoted to his professional interests, he is essen-
tially public-spirited and is never too busy to lend his cooperation to the
furtherance of any movement for the benefit of the community at large.
He stands for the highest and best in his profession and is held in confi-
dence and esteem by all who know him.