WILLIAM G. VAN EGMOND.
One of the most prominent and successful architects in the province of Saskatchewan is William G. Van Egmond, practising under the firm name of Storey & Van Egmond. He was born in Seaforth, Ontario, in 1888, a son of W. D. and Jessie Van Egmond. In the pursuit of his education William G. Van Egmond attended the public schools of Seaforth and in due time enrolled in the Seaforth Col- legiate Institute. His boyhood ambition was to become an architect and subsequently he went to Toronto and New York, where he studied for that profession. In 1906 he formed a partnership with Mr. Storey under the name of Storey & Van Egmond and that association was maintained until 1914, when the senior member of the firm died. Mr. Van Egmond has continued to practice under the firm name. Mr. Van Egmond has directed and designed many of the most important buildings in the prov- ince of Saskatchewan, including the Regina Public Library, Regina Col- lege, Regina Young Men's Christian Association, Provincial Normal School, Provincial Jail, Provincial Hospital for the Insane, Saskatchewan Tuberculosis Hospital, Regina General Hospital, Saskatchewan Collegiate Institute, Assiniboia Club at Regina, McCallum Hill building, Regina Bank of Ottawa, Regina; Walter Scott building, Moose Jaw; Government Telephone building, Moose Jaw; and the Government Telephone ex- changes. He specializes in industrial and warehouse buildings and has planned many of the largest office and warehouse buildings in Regina. His practice extends throughout Saskatchewan and he has designed build- ings in practically every town in the province, including about forty school buildings. In 1906 Mr. Van Egmond and Miss Mabel I. Ball, a daughter of J. R. Ball of Toronto were united in marriage. To them two children have been born: Isobel, a student in the Collegiate Institute; and Lois, attend- ing the public schools of this city. Mrs. Van Egmond is a woman of cul- ture and refinement and she is prominent in the club and social circles of Regina. Mr. Van Egmond is a member of the council of the Board of Trade and is chairman of the Architects and Engineers committee. He was president of the Saskatchewan Association of Architects in 1913 and held that official position until 1916, and was reelected president of the association in 1923. He was a member of the council examining board from 1913 to 1920. He is a director of the Wascana Country Club, of the Assiniboia Club and of the Scottish Saskatchewan Trust Company. He is an active member of the Kiwanis Club, the Wascana Country Club, the Assiniboia Club and the Regina Boat Club. For recreation he turns tc outdoor sports and he is fond of golfing, boating, fishing and motoring. His religious faith is that of the Anglican church. Bibliography follows:


Previous Page Previous Page SASKATCHEWAN AND ITS PEOPLE INDEX Next PageNext Page

THE STORY
OF
SASKATCHEWAN
AND ITS PEOPLE




By JOHN HAWKES
Legislative Librarian



Volume III
Illustrated



CHICAGO - REGINA
THE S.J. CLARKE PUBLISHING COMPANY
1924



Visitor # 740

Web Master: Sask Gen Webmaster,

for Sask Gen Web Project

Re-published : Monday, 06-Jan-2003 23:47:17 MST

URL: www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~cansk/SaskatchewanAndItsPeople/VolumeIII/VanEgmondWilliamG.html






We encourage links to this page.

These electronic pages may NOT be reproduced in any format
for profit or presentation by any other organization or persons.
Persons or organizations desiring to use this material, must
obtain the written consent of the contributor, or the legal
representative of the submitter, and contact the listed Web
master with proof of this consent.