MAJOR WILLIAM H. N. WHITEHEAD.
Since 1910 William H. N. Whitehead has been closely identified with
the business circles of Yorkton and he enjoys the confidence and esteem.
of all with whom he comes into contact. He was born in Winnipeg,
the 11th of December, 1881, a son of William and Caroline (Nicholson)
Whitehead. William Whitehead was for some years the owner of several
drug stores in Winnipeg and was both a retailer and wholesaler. He
engaged in the practice of medicine for many years. Both he and
wife have passed away.
In the pursuit of his education William H. N. Whitehead attended
public schools of Montreal and in 1906 came west and accepted the posi-
tion of bank manager of the bank of Toronto at Langenburg, Saskatche-
wan, opening the branch bank in that town. He was active in
capacity for some time and then for three years was engaged in the lumber
business there. In 1910 he came to Yorkton and has since been
in the real estate, loans and insurance business. He is an enterprising
man of good principles and honest business methods, and is accorded
esteem of a large circle of acquaintances, many of whom have become
close friends during the period of his residence in this community.
In 1920 Mr. Whitehead was married to Miss Cornelia Roosmale Nepven
a native of Yorkton. Mrs. Whitehead is a woman of charming personality
and she maintains an active interest in the club and social activities
of Yorkton. Mr. Whitehead is essentially public-spirited and although
not an office-seeker he is interested in promoting local growth, and is an
active member of the Board of Trade. Fraternally he is identified with
the Ancient Free & Accepted Masons of Regina and the Scottish Rite.
Mr. Whitehead is a progressive business man, alive to the trend of modern
development and capable of commanding and making use of opportunities.
Through legitimate commercial lines he is building up his business and his
success is indicative of his enterprise and determination.
Mr. Whitehead served with the Victoria Rifles of Montreal before
coming west. From 1908 until the outbreak of the Great war he served
with the Sixteenth Light Horse. In 1914 he enlisted with the Canadian
forces and went overseas with the Third Divisional Cavalry. While in
France he was transferred to the Flying Corps. Upon his return to
Canada after the war he organized the Sixteenth Canadian Light Horse
in conjunction with Colonel S. H. Brodbrooke, holding the rank of second
in command of the regiment until 1923, when he retired to the Reserve
Regiment, with full rank of major.
Visitor # 253
Web Master: Sask Gen Webmaster,
for Sask Gen Web Project
Re-published ©: Monday, 06-Jan-2003 22:04:32 MST
We encourage links to this page.
These electronic pages may NOT be reproduced in any format
for profit or presentation by any other organization or persons.
Persons or organizations desiring to use this material, must
obtain the written consent of the contributor, or the legal
representative of the submitter, and contact the listed Web
master with proof of this consent.