The placename 17 miles West of Saskatoon was known as Bridgeford
before the railway came through. When the first school was named
in this area it was name Bridgeford School.
Bridgeford changed names to Haywoods, which came to be known as
Hawoods in general usage. From 1927-1960, the school was named
This district was called the "Blackely District", and belonged
to the Loganton Municipality. The current Rural Municipality
is named Vanscoy R.M. rather than Loganton.
There was a lake name Couleau's Lake which also underwent a
name change to Rice Lake.