BOTTOM-STYLE: groove" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=5 background="http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~cansk/school/white.gif" bgcolor="white">
Saskatchewan One Room School Project provides an online history for current generations to enjoy, preserve, and experience, our historical educational, architectu
011_1 012_1 013_1 014_1 041_1
Kolin138Map        


Submitter, photographs © These schoolhouse and monument pictures were taken by Red Lauttamus




KOLIN School District # 138
Protestant Sep near Esterhazy

Protestant school at Kolin, Saskatchewan, established in 1902 according to Jovanovic. Kolin School was built at NE 4-35-18-2-2 according to the Yellowhead REDA. This would be NE 4-35- [township] 18- [range ] 2-[west of the] 2 [meridian] as Kolin was located at SE section 12 township 19A Range 2 West of the 2nd meridian.

KOLIN School District # 4538 Sec Tsp 19a Rge 2 W of the 2 Meridian near Esterhazy

KOLIN School District # 138 [Protestant Sep] near Esterhazy. Protestant school at Kolin, Saskatchewan, established in 1902 Kolin School was built at NE 4-35-18-2-2. The school district also was referred to as ESTERHAZ School District # 138 By 1922 the school district number of 138 had been re-assigned to BUSHVILLE School District # 138 located at Tsp 35,36 Rge 17,18 W of the 3 Meridian near Biggar, Springwater, or Landis, Saskatchewan. At a much later time KOLIN School District # 4538 was incorporated Sec Tsp 19a Rge 2 W of the 2 Meridian near Esterhazy.

Cemetery and Monument GPS 50 34' 42" N 102 08' 41" W

School/Community Center GPS 50 34' 17 N 102 10' 04" W



KOLIN SETTLEMENT

Kolin community originated on July 26,
1886 with the arrival of Czech immi-
grants who homesteaded the four
quarter sections surrounding this
site. They named the settlement in
honour of a village in their homeland.
The original pioneers were joined
by Scandinavian and Slovak settlers,
as well as additional Czechs.

As the area developed, a post office,
store and school/church were located
1 mile to the north. The original school
building was replaced in 1904. This
structure was moved in 1906 and was
itself replaced by a brick school in
1929 on the same site, 1/2 mile south
and 1 mile west of this cairn.

Dedicated July 27, 1986
By the
Kolin Centennial Committee
and the Province of Saskatchewan.


One Room Schoolhouse Maps


Canadian Historical Map Digitization Project

For More Information:


Education and Culture | Multicultural Canada Date accessed July 7, 2013.

Jovanovic, Marek J., Czechs/ Book Title Encyclopedia of Canada's Peoples G - Reference, Information and Interdisciplinary Subjects Series Editor Paul Robert Magocsi Contributor Multicultural History Society of Ontario Edition illustrated, reprint Publisher University of Toronto Press, 1999 ISBN 0802029388, 9780802029386 Page 403. Date accessed July 7, 2013.

Anderson, Alan.
Czech and Slovak Settlements Encyclopedia of Saskatchewan. Canadian Plains Research Center, University of Regina. 2006. Date accessed July 7, 2013.

Slovak Cathedral of the Transfiguration About Slovaks and Slovak Immigration The Canadian Encyclopedia. Date accessed July 7, 2013.

Witin the RM [referring to Fertile Belt Rural Municipality 183] Yellowhead REDA. Date accessed July 7, 2013.

Schober, Michaela C. Austrian Immigration to Canada between the World Wars. Book Title A History of the Austrian Migration to Canada Editors Frederick C. Engelmann, Manfred Prokop, Franz A. J. Szabo Publisher McGill-Queen's Press - MQUP, 1996 ISBN 0886292832, 9780886292836 Page 50. Date accessed July 7, 2013.

Garver, Bruce M. Encyclopedia of the Great Plains | Czechs 2011 University of Nebraska–Lincoln. Date accessed July 7, 2013.

Pisak, Jean. Possiblity of Potash plant brings new life to Esterhazy. The Leader Post. December 26, 1956. Page 2. Date accessed July 7, 2013.

Saskatchewan Gen Web Project SGW Slovakian Czechoslovakian Saskatchewan Genealogy Roots Date accessed July 7, 2013.

Nearby Placenames:


Kolin SE section 12 township 19A Range 2 West of the 2nd meridian
Esterhaz [sic] Southeast section 7 township 19 range 1 west of the 2nd meridian

Esterhazy section 28 township 19 range 1 west of the 2nd meridian

Eserhaz Colony [Kaposvar Colony] Township 19 range 1 west of the 2nd meridian


Gallery

Thank you for stopping by # 340
Web Page title: index.htm KOLIN Protestant Separate School District # 138 established in 1902 Kolin School was built at NE 4-35- 18- 2-2 Kolin SE section 12 township 19A Range 2 West of the 2nd meridian The school district also was referred to as ESTERHAZ School District # 138. KOLIN School District # 4538 was incorporated Sec Tsp 19a Rge 2 W of the 2 Meridian near Esterhazy - Saskatchewan Gen Web - One room School Project
URL: http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~cansk/school/Kolin138index.htm
Copyright © Web Publish Date: Sunday, 07-Jul-2013 23:40:40 MDT All Rights Reserved
Author Julia Adamson
Saskatchewan One Room School House Project
Yorkton Gen Web Region
E-mail Webmaster ... Important Notice - Submitter

1. From: Red Lauttamus
To:Julia Adamson ORSH webmaster Subject:Kolin Settlement
Date June 29, 2013

KOLIN Protestant Separate School District # 138 established in 1902 Kolin School was built at NE 4-35-18-2-2. The school district also was referred to as ESTERHAZ School District # 138. KOLIN School District # 4538 was incorporated Sec Tsp 19a Rge 2 W of the 2 Meridian near Esterhazy KOLIN Protestant Separate School District # 138 established in 1902 Kolin School was built at NE 4-35-18-2-2. The school district also was referred to as ESTERHAZ School District # 138. KOLIN School District # 4538 was incorporated Sec Tsp 19a Rge 2 W of the 2 Meridian near Esterhazy Saskatchewan, Saskatchewan, Canada Saskatchewan, Canada Saskatchewan, Sask, SK, Canada, School, history, one room schoolhouses, one room school district ,Saskatchewan, Saskatchewan, Canada Saskatchewan, Canada Saskatchewan, Sask, SK, Canada, School, history, one room schoolhouses, one room school district ,