Saskatchewan One Room School Project provides an online history for current generations to enjoy, preserve, and experience, our historical educational, architectural, and cultural, heritage. It has been an honour and pleasure to acknowledge the following contributors to the One Room School House Project. It is with pleasure that these schools and legal land description locations have been added to the Saskatchewan One Room Schoolhouse website. Thank you very much for these kind submissions. With the help such as this it is hoped to make this as complete a list as possible. Thank You all of you. |
- School District Listing Courtesy of: National Archives - Archivia Net - Western Land Grants
We have striven to ensure the accuracy of all information on this site by exercising due diligence. This One Room School Project is not made in affiliation with or with endorsement of the National Archives of Canada. This information is provided for non-commercial purposes and to assist in personal research so it is published here under the guidelines for Non-commercial Reproduction.
- John Elliot has submitted pictures of Marcliffe SD 3355 located near Shaunavon, Saskatchewan as he shared some family history and memorabilia.
- Don Dewar has submitted the photograph c1936 of Pittville School District 2855 near Hazlet, Saskatchewan. Dewar was a teacher at this school for four years.
- Byron Spoon has submitted the names of the pupils in the class photo which was online for the Pinto Head School District 3959.
- Jan Joynt has submitted images of Doonside School District 1456 (Rossetti 1456), Gosmil School District #3965, Fairlight School District #1630, Hollington School District #4288, Kipling School and Golden Ridge School #656 which incorporate images from her family's school days.
- Red Lauttamus submitted pictures of school districts around the city of Yorkton, SK, the Harmony Industrial Association and also those around New Finland Colony south east of Melville, SK. Windsor SD 265, Sandy River SD 1717, Orkney SD 97, Stoney Coulee SD 3584, Phone Hill SD 1459, Grunert SD 715, Crossroads SD 4775, Whitesand SD 271, Beblo SD 3962, Eckardt SD 426, Hill Top SD 426, New Finland SD 435 and location of many more school districts around New Finland Colony, SK are pictured here. Red Lauttamus also began submitting pictures of the churches and cemeteries of the same area as these school districts mentioned above. Red also had possession of the rare book "The Echo", Rocanville, 1904-1964 and with permission of the Town of Rocanville, submitted scans of the images within this book, which included pictures of Rocanville Village School, and Rocanville SD.
- Netherhill Schoolhouse photo submitted from a post card held by Larry Stroobandt
- Regina View School 4607 SW1/4 Sec.3, Tp.17, R.19, W 2 M Submitted by: Jim Wicks.
- Ernie Unruh and Mount Teviot School in Brightholme; Mount Teviot School, Brightholme, Collins School near Beechy, Sask.,1956; and Cowessess Day School near Broadview, Sask. Submitted by: Jo-Ann (UnRuh) Bakker.
- Glennis and Mary Lewis and history of Rosedale S.D. #145 Sec 22 Tsp 12 Rge 1 W of the 2 Meridian and Vandura S.D. #1164 Sec Tsp 12 Rge 2 W of the 2 Meridian. Submitted by: Glennis Lewis .
- Information about Pauline SD and Illinois SD was provided by Al Meyer Pauline School West of the 2nd Meridian, C. Klein homesteader, nearest town was Esk, 4 miles to the south and Illinois School located at Section 11, about 8 miles north of Jansen, Prairie Rose Municipality. And my grandma lived only 1/2 mile away.
- Photos of Pearl Creek School Plus and Letters submitted by Jack McIntosh in e-mails dated Sat, 09 Sep 2006. This web site includes letters from Lois Purdy, 1904-1979 and her sister Harriet describing their experience teaching at Pearl Creek School, S.D. No. 1048, from May to December 1924, as well as a small collection of letters written to them the next year by former pupils. Pearl Creek School District
Teacher: Lois May Purdy assisted by her sister, Harriet Margaret "Hattie" Purdy. A third sister, Muriel, visited and took pictures - at least I think she was the photographer.
These include outside views of several schools in the Melville, SK area:
Cardale SD #3342, Forest Nook SD #2048, Grove Park SD #518, Pearl Creek SD #1048, & Skibbereen SD #164. Grove Park School #518 (near Whitewood), taught by Donald Alexander McIntosh
- Submitted by: Laurier Lapierre Bolton School in District #2826 near Storthoaks is missing the section number. It was located on the SW quarter of Section 24 of township 5, Range 31.
- Photos of Gardiner S.D. 3428 and Hayward #845 submitted by Ralph Goff in e-mails dated Sun Feb 19, 2006 .
- My mother, Alma Brennen (pictured above in July 1995), taught at Bluebird School in 1943-1944 and in nine other one-room schools in Saskatchewan from 1932 to 1952. These school photographs and class pictures were submitted by Lyle Brennen in e-mails dated Jan 30, 2006.
- My Mother, Alma Brennen, taught school at Wollerman and Baloil in the late forties.
She also taught at Pinto head, Grasby, Ravine, Snipe lake, Mayfair, Invicta. These school photographs and class pictures were submitted by Gerald Brennen in e-mails dated Sat, 21 Jan 2006. He also noticed his Uncles in the class photograph which was in the gallery: Buffalo Horn School District, Ponteix & Val Marie, SK
- Bayard School District 4159 pictures near Wood Mountain, SK submitted by Bev Thon all the way from Lewiston, Idaho USA!
- School District Listing Further Acknowldegements Additions regarding the Spalding district country schools has been sent in by Garth Ulrich.
- The addition regarding Beadle school and its location has been sent in by Gloria.
- Unity One Room School Houses listing submitted by Marlene Lefebvre , submitter, and Frank Oatway, researcher in e-mails dated Sat, 12 Nov 2005 and Sun, 18 Dec 2005
- Cherry Ridge 4405 S.D., SK current school photographs and history by Helen Brown Scarf as well as Percy School 202 historical and current school photographs submitted by Rick Krehbiel
in an email dated October 15, 2005
- Several photographs of Mennon School District # 1508 and Hudson Bay School District #1243. Submitted by Candace Comber.
- Attached is a picture of Deer Run Hill School (School District # 17) class in late 1890's or early 1900's. My Grandfather William Tremain is in the picture.
Submitted by Harry Poile
- The 1st picture is of Mount Carmel School-School District 2962- and its students taken in 1941.
The 2nd picture is of the Carmel School- School District 4950-Taken in 1955
The 3rd picture is of Gertrude School-School District 4203-Taken in the 1940's. Sbumitted by "Lorne & Kathy Wolfe"
- Doverly School District #2794 supplied by Jill Slemon in an email dated Sun, 28 Nov 2004
- Trojan S.D., SK location in legal land description as well as GPS coordinates submitted by Robert Bandurka
in an email dated ue, 23 Aug 2005
- Plainville S.D., SK historical school photograph submitted by Harold Zwick
in an email dated Wed, 24 Aug 2005
- Guyhirne School District #2928, Medstead, SK historical school, teacher and class photographs submitted by Catherine Fryer
in an email dated Mon, 13 Jun 2005 20:24:18 -0700
- Edzell School and Smithville School location supplied by Joe Tiffin in an email dated Wed, 06 Oct 2004
- Gallery web page started with photos courtesy of Webmaster J. Adamson ©
- Chatham S.D. 3117, Maple Valley S.D. 1680, Concord S.D. 1971, Meryton S.D. 3889, and Eclipse S.D. 4071 photographs taken east of Highway 11 (Louis Riel Trail) on Hwy 15, Huck Road, Grid Road 747 and returning to Highway 11 (Louis Riel Trail) courtesy of Webmaster J. Adamson ©
- Kenlis S.D. 6, Abernethy, SK and Velhaven S.D. 3398 Beaubier, SK photos kindly submitted by Juliann Parsons in an email dated Sat, 14 Jan 2006 17
- Kelvington School 1936 class photograph of grades 4, 5, 6 and 7.
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:58:36 -0600
Subject: 1936 Kelvington School
- The Blizzard of 1955 - The Nottawa School Story kindly submitted by Marlene"
To: Julia Adamson"
Subject: Submission of the Nottawa school story
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 20:03:18 -0600
- Meadowdale School, Canora, Sask.
Subject E-mail Sask Gen Web Webmaster
Subject Fw: Meadowdale School
- Green Dell School, Gull lake, Sask.
Subject E-mail Sask Gen Web Webmaster
Subject Green Dell School
- Buffalo Horn School and Class Photo, Ponteix and Val Marie, Saskatchewan.
Submitted by Byron Spoon
Los Angeles, California
To: Julia Adamson"
Subject: Addition to One Room School Project
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005
- Colin Macleay school teacher at Eden School
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 20:18:47 EST
Subject: Re: Schools
- Lake School Photograph Courtesy of Ed Oldridge
From: Oldridge, Ed HE0
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 9:52 AM
Subject: Picture of Lake School
- Holbrook School District # 844
NW & SW Sec 24 Tsp 5 Rge 3 W of the 2 Meridian
Alameda, SK, CA
Saskatchewan School 1919-1920 and My Naorrowest Escape written by Neva (MacLeod) Bishop
November 8, 1997 submitted by Fraser Macleod
Subject: Sask one room school project
Submitted Sun, 20 Mar 2005
by Fraser Macleod
- Lysenko School District #494 Courtesy of Ken Moroz
From: Ken Moroz
Subject: Lysenko School
Submitted Thu, 24 Mar 2005 19:29:52 -0700
- Wainfleet School, #4561 location and area schools Courtesy of Sid Rowles.
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 19:13:01 -0800
From: "Mary and Sid Rowles"
To: Listing of one room schools :email@example.com
- The Arthur Public School District #593 of the North West Territories.
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 15:51:26 -0600
From: "Brad & Angela Loppe"
To: Comments or suggestions: One Room School Project :firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nottawa School #2113 Courtesy of Wayne Haugen
1. From:Wayne Haugen
Date: 2/16/03 7:45 p.m.
Subject: A snapshot for your gallery
- Ottawa School District pictures courtesy of book THE STORY OF SASKATCHEWAN AND ITS PEOPLE By JOHN HAWKES Legislative Librarian Volume II Illustrated CHICAGO - REGINA THE S.J. CLARKE PUBLISHING COMPANY 1924
- Share Web page Christmas Box photo from the Canadian Illustrated News: Title: Christmas Box Artiste : Inconnu Date : 25 décembre 1875 Pagination: vol. XII , no. 26 , 405 Subject: Patinage Record : 1977 Reproduced from the National Library of Canada's website Images Canada (http://www.imagescanada.ca/)."
- A Good Time With Our Friends - Stories from the Dick and Jane 1929 basal reader series by by William S. Gray Public Domain Images from website no longer online
- History web pages courtesy of THE STORY OF SASKATCHEWAN AND ITS PEOPLE By JOHN HAWKES Legislative Librarian Volume I Illustrated CHICAGO - REGINA THE S.J. CLARKE PUBLISHING COMPANY 1924. Chapter LXX. Pages 641 - 654. Chapter XLI. Pages 333 - 337.
- It is the intention of this site to make Saskatchewan school district names, locations, photos, history, local stories available to persons with a historical or genealogical interest in this area of Saskatchewan, Canada. There are no service charges or fees for use of this Saskatchewan One Room School Project, and use of this site constitutes your acceptance of these Conditions of Use. This page is dedicated to the online availability of Saskatchewan historical data. Any further use of web site would require permission from the above sources, and the Sask Gen Web master as per copyright laws in Canada.
Thank you for stopping by # 861
Web Page title: notice.html
Copyright © Web Publish Date: Monday, 08-Mar-2010 20:25:14 MST All Rights Reserved
E-mail Webmaster ... Important Notice