Waldron School #2201
This plaque dedicated to
Waldron Village and area settlers and depenants whose vision and support enabled local youth to pursue educaitonal opportunited.
Teachers who edeavoured to build a positive foundation for their students' future lives.
Students who attended Waldron School.
The first Waldron school was built on the northwest corner of the village in 1909, the year of Waldron's incorporation.
The two storey school burned down in 1925 and was replaced in 1927 and 1929 with two one room schools built on the same site.
Lower grades were taught in the east school and upper grades in the west school. In 1950, a classroom for high school grades was added to the west side of the west school. Enrollment declined in later years and the school closed in 1982.
Early settlers in the area were of British, Scottish, Scandinavian, Hungarian, German/Austrian, Ukranian, and other Central European backgrounds. FAced with many challenges and adversities, these pioneers relied on their courage, determination, and perseverance to forge a multicultural community.
For their legacy, we own them lasting gratitude and remembrance.
Plaque erected in 2009 by the Waldron Centennial Committee.
Not located on official school site.