- Harringay School District #1684
Harringay School District #1684 located on the northeast quarter section of section 8 township 42 range 14 west of the third meridian near Ruddell, Saskatchewan between 1906-1959. A map and some school information in answer to an e-mail query.
- Historical pictures and information related to Lily Plain 501 erected near the villages of Butterby and Lily Plain, Saskatchewan sent in by George Bliss.
- Historical pictures and information related to Manor SD 605 erected in the village of Manor, Saskatchewan sent in by Dolores Hatch.
- Rob McInnes, Postcard Accummulator and Purveyor, Winnipeg Then and Now, has kindly submitted some great post card images of Nokomis Public School, Nokomis, SK, Motherwell SD 20459 near Abernethy (Maple Creek), SK, Stornoway SD 829 near Stornoway, SK, Polwarth school, Aneroid Consolidated School year 1914, Assiniboia School Fair 1916, Hanley School, Radisson School and Viscount Public School, 1910
- In an awesome collaboration Allen Ohrt, a historian and former pupil of Sunny Corner SD 3930 near Milestone, SK contacted fellow class mates and former teachers and compiled a history with images which was typed up by Val Thomas
Victor Taylor came across a cook book that he believes was used in the 1920's in the school system. Unfortunately, the cover and the first pages are missing. Online is an image of page 3, Suggestions for Saskatchewan School Children, which you may find interesting. Thank you very kindly....
- Julia Adamson has photographed pictures of
North End SD 2650 Macklin, SK,
Meridian School, Lloydminster, SK AB,
East Bank SD 3525 Unity, SK
Wilbert SD 2357, Wilbert, SK
Thule SD 4312, Unity, SK
Ovenstown SD 1802, Unity, SK
to submit here.
- Douglas Allen Fee was able to send in an historical image of Park Lake SD 3611 which had operated near Keppel / Perdue in the Eagle Hills along with information from the Perdue local history book entitled Let's look back....
- Caichness correction to Caithness SD#3824 operating between 1917-1956 picture sent in by Earl Brown.
Doug Evans sent in an image of Moosehorn Scholars with a query "I can't with any certainty make out the date and I have no idea where Moosehorn School was. Anyway, something for your archives (online digitised archives at the Saskatchewan One Room Schoolhouse Project). It was in the collection of George Evans and Myrtle Calvert/Evans so I am not sure if it relates to her schooling in Manitoba or something George Evans was involved with."
- Very thoughtfully, an historic depiction of an one room schoolhouse at Wayne Valley SD 3793 near Lancer, SK were sent in by Diane Speirs of Alliston, ON
- Wonderful reminiscences, antedotes, class photos and an image of the one room schoolhouse at Harrisland SD 3659 near Bracken, SK were sent in by Faye Ryder and Florence Tallman Ryder.
Also a brief history of Stoy Plain School District # 4044 also near Bracken is included.
- An assortment of images taken mainly around and about the area of Cabri, Saskatchewan were taken by Gregory Melle. He very kindly typed up a database of all his images and their GPS locations where known, and submitted this compilation to the SK one room schoolhouse project. These images and database are listed at places which lists images and webpages off the SK One Room School House Project and not at the gallery which lists images and web pages on the SK One Room School House Project.
- An excellent update was sent in for Kelvington School by Leon Metlay who sent in reminscences from his mother, Katharine Titof Metlay.
- The 1952 Wiwa Hill SD 1207 picture online came from Bill Hill, which was wonderful. This image also pinpointed the location of the school house at Sec 11 Tsp 13 Rge 6 W of the 3 Meridian, also near Kelvington.
- The four schools listed here; NewBorgor SD 2657 Broadview, SK; Podolia SD 2384 Arran, SK; McKay SD 135 Whitewood, SK; Normal School Moose Jaw, SK; comprise historical school, student and class photographs. NOW – wouldn’t it be absolutely lovely to connect with some of those folks!
Great pics, indeed, submitted by Thelma Findlay
Researching: Weslak Nahnybida Lewandoski Radewicz Ulanowicz Frondzey Zemba Wasyluk Trenaman
Kellsey Cook Wyatt Archer Trump Hinckley Caudon/Cowan Findlater/Findlay McClurg McCoy Rowsell
- Biggar and area images from the Leo Campbell Collection at the Biggar Museum & Gallery include Allanbank SD 567,
Avalon SD 4077,
Curth's Hill SD 3048,
Gagenville SD 4091,
Kensmith SD 2877,
Oban SD 4733, and
Triumph SD 2832.
There are also nine unidentified Schools Can you help?Submitted by Rae Chamberlain
- Kathryn submitted images of her grandfather's school, Early SD 1129 near Scotsguard, Gull Lake, Saskatchewan
- Norge SD 1011 and Bird's Hill 40671 were both very gratefully sent in by Juliann Parsons.
- Permissions to re-print the historical school photos from the "Bangor and district : history book" use on Llewelyn and Bangor district web site obtained from Brian and Jason from the Bangor History Book Committee and submitted by Red
- Remiscences and notes sent in by historian and bibliophile Glen Mason. Reminiscences beginning with CRANICH LAKE #3317, GOLDEN ACRE #3064, SUMMERFIELD #2614, SUNLIGHT #376 andVIRTUE #2616. Later adding as well BAINESVILLE #214, HIGHGATE #2190 and VALLEYVIEW #2655 With his invaluable resources, interest and knowledge, it is hoped to update the location listing, as a work in progress over the next while, which will be much appreciated.
- John Peterson kindly submitted pictures and heritage about MOOSE HEAD School #3193 located near the lakes of Turtle Lake and Brightsand Lake, and near the communities of Bright Sand and Turtleford, SK. See also Cottage Grove 4133 and Sky Rock 5147 submitted by Butch.
- Sandfordene school, North of Hazlet, will be the venue for a wedding in the neighbourhood on July 2 2011. Randy Anderson and Hazel Bradford will say their vows in the pristine SANDFORDENE School house. Submitted by Randy Anderson
- Kirkwall School 4647 near White Fox & Garrick, and these are digitized photos that my parents took. Regards Phil Brown
- Cottage Grove 4133 and Sky Rock 5147 submitted by John and Alice Peterson. After placing an advertisement in the local paper, Butch has been given directions to other remaining one room schoolhouses in the area around Stowlea, St. Walburg, and the Brightsand district of Saskatchewan.
- My husband Doyle Thomas went to McTaggart School. We have a picture of the school class of 1946 taken at the McTaggart School. Regards Val Thomas
- My father, Mr. Harold John Brown, taught at Kirkwall School 4647 near White Fox & Garrick, and these are digitized photos that my parents took. Regards Phil Brown
- Jan Joynt has very kindly submitted additional images of Novar Fairlight School and Doonside School District as it now in 2010 which are rather exciting!
- Ken Johnstone known as kjohn73 at Waymarking.com had submitted monument photos at Waymarking, and graciously permitted these photos he took to be shared here at the Saskatchewan One Room Schoolhouse website as well. Photos of School Districts include: Wiwa Hill SD1207, Stewart SD2640, Indianola SD2704, Bolen SD1188, Mount Zion SD3183, Woodrow SD3462, Meyronne 3189, Stanley SD147, Cambridge SD342, Welwyn SD82, Montague SD4031, Wood Dale SD2629, Pelletier SD2652, Ferndale SD295, and Ivanhoe S1040 around and about the area of Grenfell, Saskatchewan
- Melanie Louie kindly submitted a couple of photos regarding Turkey Track SD#2687 near Vanguard, SK and is seeking information regarding Wiwa View SD2964 near Hallonquist, SK
- Bellevant SD#4408 near Sonningdale SK kindly submitted by Velda Sjovold, Lethbridge Alberta
- Thomsons Lake SD 2038 near Curle, and Moose Jaw, SK kindly submitted by Perry and Vranna Manor.
- Red Lauttamus submitted pictures of school districts around the city of Yorkton, the Harmony Industrial Association and also those around New Finland Colony south east of Melville, SK. Windsor SD 265, Sandy River SD 1717, Mostetz SD 1734 near Calder, SK Deerwood SD 465, Goodhope Hall SD 2674, Look Out 693 Orkney SD 97, Stoney Coulee SD 3584, Phone Hill SD 1459, Grunert SD 715, Crossroads SD 4775, Whitesand SD 271, Beblo SD 3962, Eckardt SD 426, Hill Top SD 426, New Finland SD 435, Nurmi Oja SD 1416 and location of many more school districts around New Finland Colony, SK are pictured here. Red Lauttamus also began submitting pictures of the churches and cemeteries of the same area as these school districts mentioned above. Red also had possession of the rare book "The Echo", Rocanville, 1904-1964 and with permission of the Town of Rocanville, submitted scans of the images within this book, which included pictures of Rocanville Village School, and Rocanville SD.
- Julia Adamson has submitted pictures of Big Hill SD 4682, North Bend SD 2729, Fort Pitt SD 2713 and Tangleflags SD 3790 located near Frenchman Butte, Saskatchewan. As well, Gallivan SD 3857, Weewona SD 855, Ovenstown SD 1802 near Unity were also photographed at the Cutknife museum and submitted here.
- John Elliot has submitted pictures of Marcliffe SD 3355 located near Shaunavon, Saskatchewan as he shared some family history and memorabilia.
- Don Dewar has submitted the photograph c1936 of Pittville School District 2855 near Hazlet, Saskatchewan. Dewar was a teacher at this school for four years.
- Byron Spoon has submitted the names of the pupils in the class photo which was online for the Pinto Head School District 3959.
- Jan Joynt has submitted images of Doonside School District 1456 (Rossetti 1456), Gosmil School District #3965, Fairlight School District #1630, Hollington School District #4288, Kipling School and Golden Ridge School #656 which incorporate images from her family's school days.
- Netherhill Schoolhouse photo submitted from a post card held by Larry Stroobandt
- Regina View School 4607 SW1/4 Sec.3, Tp.17, R.19, W 2 M Submitted by: Jim Wicks.
- Glennis and Mary Lewis and history of Rosedale S.D. #145 Sec 22 Tsp 12 Rge 1 W of the 2 Meridian and Vandura S.D. #1164 Sec Tsp 12 Rge 2 W of the 2 Meridian. Submitted by: Glennis Lewis .
- Information about Pauline SD and Illinois SD was provided by Al Meyer Pauline School West of the 2nd Meridian, C. Klein homesteader, nearest town was Esk, 4 miles to the south and Illinois School located at Section 11, about 8 miles north of Jansen, Prairie Rose Municipality. And my grandma lived only 1/2 mile away.
- Photos of Pearl Creek School Plus and Letters submitted by Jack McIntosh in e-mails dated Sat, 09 Sep 2006. This web site includes letters from Lois Purdy, 1904-1979 and her sister Harriet describing their experience teaching at Pearl Creek School, S.D. No. 1048, from May to December 1924, as well as a small collection of letters written to them the next year by former pupils. Pearl Creek School District
Teacher: Lois May Purdy assisted by her sister, Harriet Margaret "Hattie" Purdy. A third sister, Muriel, visited and took pictures - at least I think she was the photographer.
These include outside views of several schools in the Melville, SK area:
Cardale SD #3342, Forest Nook SD #2048, Grove Park SD #518, Pearl Creek SD #1048, & Skibbereen SD #164. Grove Park School #518 (near Whitewood), taught by Donald Alexander McIntosh
- Submitted by: Laurier Lapierre Bolton School in District #2826 near Storthoaks is missing the section number. It was located on the SW quarter of Section 24 of township 5, Range 31.
- Photos of Gardiner S.D. 3428 and Hayward #845 submitted by Ralph Goff in e-mails dated Sun Feb 19, 2006 .
- My mother, Alma Brennen (pictured above in July 1995), taught at Bluebird School in 1943-1944 and in nine other one-room schools in Saskatchewan from 1932 to 1952. These school photographs and class pictures were submitted by Lyle Brennen in e-mails dated Jan 30, 2006.
- My Mother, Alma Brennen, taught school at Wollerman and Baloil in the late forties.
She also taught at Pinto head, Grasby, Ravine, Snipe lake, Mayfair, Invicta. These school photographs and class pictures were submitted by Gerald Brennen in e-mails dated Sat, 21 Jan 2006. He also noticed his Uncles in the class photograph which was in the gallery: Buffalo Horn School District, Ponteix & Val Marie, SK
- Bayard School District 4159 pictures near Wood Mountain, SK submitted by Bev Thon all the way from Lewiston, Idaho USA!
- School District Listing Further Acknowldegements Additions regarding the Spalding district country schools has been sent in by Garth Ulrich.
- The addition regarding Beadle school and its location has been sent in by Gloria.
- Unity One Room School Houses listing submitted by Marlene Lefebvre , submitter, and Frank Oatway, researcher in e-mails dated Sat, 12 Nov 2005 and Sun, 18 Dec 2005
- Cherry Ridge 4405 S.D., SK current school photographs and history by Helen Brown Scarf as well as Percy School 202 historical and current school photographs submitted byRick Krehbiel
in an email dated October 15, 2005
- Several photographs of Mennon School District # 1508 and Hudson Bay School District #1243. Submitted by Candace Comber.
- Attached is a picture of Deer Run Hill School (School District # 17) class in late 1890's or early 1900's. My Grandfather William Tremain is in the picture.
Submitted by Harry Poile
- Red Lauttamus, retired, took some drives around and about Yorkton, and kindly submitted pictures of the school district plaques, and remaining school houses
Zeneta SD 1436near Zeneta
- Alfred SD 4053 near Cut Knife
- Anemone SD 541 near Dunleath Barbour
- Aneroid Consolidated School 2704near Aneroid
- Aussant SD 2372nearGravelbourg
- Beblo SD 3962nearSpringside
- Birmingham SD 2291
- Bolen SD 1188nearGravelbourg
- Brandon SD 4367 near Wroxton
- Brookside SD 129 near Kelso
- Bryntirion SD #248 Meno near Ebenezer
- Cadillac Village Schoolnear Cadillac
- Carnoustie SD 309 nearCarnoustie and Bear Creek and Rocanville
- Coverdale SD 493 near Fleming
- Clear Creek 424 near Springside
- Creekside 997 near Theodore
- Dawn SD 1514
- Devils SD Lake 514
- Dufferin SD 1888 near Cut Knife
- Crossroads SD 4775 near Springside
- Deerwood SD 465nearNew Finland
- Easton's mail order school house
- Eckardt SD 426 (1896-1899) nearMelville
- Eden Grove SD 21 near Wapella
- Elliott School 4742 near Burrows
- Esterhaz Colony School
- near Esterhazy
- Fairmede SD 134 near Wapella
- Ferrell School 1485 near Grayson
- Formby SD 4369 near Cut Knife
- Gallivan SD 3857 near Cut Knife
- Good Luck SD 3666 near Theodore
- Goodhope Hall SD 2674near Waldron and Claybank
- Goodhue SD 2293 near Goodhue, and Stenen
- Grunert SD 715 near Springside
- Halicz SD 3204 near Wishart
- Happy Centre 1640
- Harmony Industrial AssociationHamona SD 451 nearTantallon
- Hill Top SD 426nearMelville
- Holar SD 317Indianola SD 2704nearAneroid
- Jaroslaw SD 2487 nearYorkton and York Lake and
- Jasper Cultural & Historical CentreInterior School House nearMaple Creek
- Kemmel Hill SD 4050near Antelope
- Kilton Hill SD 4217near Leinan
- Langenau SD 274/379 near Ebenezer
- Larsen SD 1239 near Dubuc
- Leftwich SD 1436nearZeneta
- Lily White SD 4691 near HOlar
- Llewelyn SD 807 near Bangor
- Look Out SD 693nearn Willowbrook
- Madawaska SD 2238 near Cut Knife
- Maltby SD 3777 near Arbuthnot
- Maria Hilf SD 666 near Killaly
- Mathieu Elementary School Lafleche
- Maxwelton SD 1813 near Fenwood and Goodeve
- Morse Museum and GalleryInterior School HouseMorse
- Mountain SD 1548 nearKandahar
- New Finland SD 435 near New Finland
- North Lake 3991 near Springside
- Nurmi Oja SD 1416 New Finland
- Orkney SD 97 near Orcadia
- Ovenstown SD 1802 near Rockhaven
- Pelletier SD 2652nearGravelbourg
- Perley SD 395Phone Hill SD 1459 nearPhone Hill
- Prosperity SD 448 Rocanville
- Riding Hill SD 2326 near Cut Knife
- RM Ecelsior map
- Rocanville Village School 21 nearRocanville
- Rocanville SD 22 Rocanville
- Rose Mound SD 3775 near Cut Knife
- Royal Rock SD 2289 near Bankend
- Sandy River SD 1717 nearTheodore
- Springside SD 1148 Springside
- Spruce Dale SD 1277 near Dubuc
- Stoney Coulee SD 3584 near Springside
- Thule SD 4312 near Unity
- Ukraina SD 974 nearUkraina
- Vance SD 180 near Cut Knife
- Vendetta 874
- Village of Ebenezer SD 3268 near Ebenezer
- Wallacetown SD 1472 nearMelville
- Wardenville SD 2479 near Cut Knife
- Weewona SD 855 near Cut Knife
- Wembley SD 4437 near Cut Knife
- Wergeland 1210
- West Ebenezer SD 157 near Ebenezer
- Whitesand SD 271 near Whitesand
- Wilbert SD 2357 near Cut Knife
- Wilton SD 2291Windsor SD 265 near Springside
- Woodside SD 402 near Poplar Grove and LangbankWysla 4106
For the links to all the above schools see Yorkton area school districts
- The 1st picture is of Mount Carmel School-School District 2962- and its students taken in 1941.
The 2nd picture is of the Carmel School- School District 4950-Taken in 1955
The 3rd picture is of Gertrude School-School District 4203-Taken in the 1940's. Sbumitted by "Lorne & Kathy Wolfe"
- Doverly School District #2794 supplied by Jill Slemon in an email dated Sun, 28 Nov 2004
- Trojan S.D., SK location in legal land description as well as GPS coordinates submitted byRobert Bandurka
in an email dated ue, 23 Aug 2005
- Plainville S.D., SK historical school photograph submitted byHarold Zwick
in an email dated Wed, 24 Aug 2005
- Guyhirne School District #2928, Medstead, SK historical school, teacher and class photographs submitted byCatherine Fryer
in an email dated Mon, 13 Jun 2005 20:24:18 -0700
- Edzell School and Smithville School location supplied by Joe Tiffin in an email dated Wed, 06 Oct 2004
- Gallery web page started with photos courtesy of Webmaster J. Adamson ©
- Chatham S.D. 3117, Maple Valley S.D. 1680, Concord S.D. 1971, Meryton S.D. 3889, and Eclipse S.D. 4071 photographs taken east of Highway 11 (Louis Riel Trail) on Hwy 15, Huck Road, Grid Road 747 and returning to Highway 11 (Louis Riel Trail) courtesy of Webmaster J. Adamson ©
- Kenlis S.D. 6, Abernethy, SK and Velhaven S.D. 3398 Beaubier, SK photos kindly submitted by Juliann Parsons in an email dated Sat, 14 Jan 2006 17
- Kelvington School 1936 class photograph of grades 4, 5, 6 and 7.
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:58:36 -0600
Subject:1936 Kelvington School
- The Blizzard of 1955 - The Nottawa School Story kindly submitted by Marlene"
Subject:Submission of the Nottawa school story
Date:Sun, 17 Apr 2005 20:03:18 -0600
- Meadowdale School, Canora, Sask.
Subject E-mail Sask Gen Web Webmaster
Subject Fw: Meadowdale School
- Green Dell School, Gull lake, Sask.
Subject E-mail Sask Gen Web Webmaster
Subject Green Dell School
- Buffalo Horn School and Class Photo, Ponteix and Val Marie, Saskatchewan.
Submitted by Byron Spoon
Los Angeles, California
Subject:Addition to One Room School Project
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005
- Colin Macleay school teacher at Eden School
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 20:18:47 EST
Subject: Re: Schools
- Lake School Photograph Courtesy of Ed Oldridge
From: Oldridge, Ed HE0
Sent:Wednesday, November 06, 2002 9:52 AM
Subject:Picture of Lake School
- Holbrook School District # 844
NW & SW Sec 24 Tsp 5 Rge 3 W of the 2 Meridian
Saskatchewan School 1919-1920 and My Naorrowest Escape written by Neva (MacLeod) Bishop
November 8, 1997 submitted by Fraser Macleod
Subject: Sask one room school project
Submitted Sun, 20 Mar 2005
by Fraser Macleod
- Lysenko School District #494 Courtesy of Ken Moroz
SubmittedThu, 24 Mar 2005 19:29:52 -0700
- Wainfleet School, #4561 location and area schools Courtesy of Sid Rowles.
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 19:13:01 -0800
From:"Mary and Sid Rowles"
To: Listing of one room schools :email@example.com
- The Arthur Public School District #593 of the North West Territories.
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 15:51:26 -0600
From:"Brad & Angela Loppe"
To: Comments or suggestions: One Room School Project :firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nottawa School #2113 Courtesy of Wayne Haugen
1. From:Wayne Haugen
Date: 2/16/03 7:45 p.m.
Subject: A snapshot for your gallery
- Ottawa School District pictures courtesy of book THE STORY OF SASKATCHEWAN AND ITS PEOPLE By JOHN HAWKES Legislative Librarian Volume II Illustrated CHICAGO - REGINA THE S.J. CLARKE PUBLISHING COMPANY 1924
- Share Web page Christmas Box photo from the Canadian Illustrated News: Title: Christmas Box Artiste : Inconnu Date : 25 décembre 1875 Pagination: vol. XII , no. 26 , 405 Subject: Patinage Record : 1977 Reproduced from the National Library of Canada's website Images Canada (http://www.imagescanada.ca/)."
- A Good Time With Our Friends - Stories from the Dick and Jane 1929 basal reader series by by William S. Gray Public Domain Images from website no longer online
- History web pages courtesy of THE STORY OF SASKATCHEWAN AND ITS PEOPLE By JOHN HAWKES Legislative Librarian Volume I Illustrated CHICAGO - REGINA THE S.J. CLARKE PUBLISHING COMPANY 1924. Chapter LXX. Pages 641 - 654. Chapter XLI. Pages 333 - 337.
- It is the intention of this site to make Saskatchewan school district names, locations, photos, history, local stories available to persons with a historical or genealogical interest in this area of Saskatchewan, Canada. There are no service charges or fees for use of this Saskatchewan One Room School Project, and use of this site constitutes your acceptance of these Conditions of Use. This page is dedicated to the online availability of Saskatchewan historical data. Any further use of web site would require permission from the above sources, and the Sask Gen Web master as per copyright laws in Canada.
Thank you for stopping by # [an error occurred while processing this directive]
Web Page title: notice.html
Copyright © Web Publish Date: Saturday, 11-Feb-2017 16:15:54 MST All Rights Reserved
E-mail Webmaster ... Important Notice