The pioneer school houses and districts are treasured by many communities and individuals as is reflected in these WWW sites.

Saskatchewan One Room School Project provides an online history for current generations to enjoy, preserve, and experience, our historical educational, architectural, and cultural, heritage.


A collection of websites on the internet regarding historical SK schools, or text submissions to the one room school house project. (Images are entered in the gallery) (Book listing at Footnotes - sources for the alphabetical listing)
  
 
 
 
  • Alex Youck School Museum
    Operated by Retired teacher volunteers, the Alex Youck School Museum is a one room school house replica classroom. pdf. Outreach To the Superannuated Teachers of Saskatchewan November / December 2003. Volume 26, Number 2 page 7

 
  • Algoma School District No. 2876
    The Algoma School District (1914-1946) was built on SE 3-33-22-W3 in the Rural Municipality of Oakdale 320. A wikipedia article.

 
 
 
 
  • Biggar and area
    Images from the Leo Campbell Collection at the Biggar Museum & Gallery include Allanbank SD 567, Avalon SD 4077, Curth's Hill SD 3048, Gagenville SD 4091, Kensmith SD 2877, Oban SD 4733, and Triumph SD 2832. There are also nine unidentified Schools Can you help?

 
  • About Big River
    Big River History: Part I - Pre-settlement. In 1889 Louis Ahenakew and George Isbistertaught at the Society of the Church of England missionary school on the east shores of Delaronde lake.

 
  • Actonvale School District #674 NWT SW 6 10 15
    Actonvale school was built in 1902 with the first teacher C. McGill Hamilton overseeing. The school was replaced by a brick school. In 1957, the pupils were bussed to Weyburn's Queen Elizabeth School.

 
  • Avonlea's Prairie Pioneers.
    Avonlea's Prairie Pioneers contains community memories of Sunshine School 1920 (?) Near Avonlea, Saskatchewan, Canada, by Avonlea and District Museum - Heritage House.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  • Canadian One-Rooms - One-Room Schoolhouse Center includes information upon: Creative Uses of One-Room Schools, Day in the Life, Historical Markers , Histories/Records, Memories, Minority One-Rooms, Schoolhouse Activities, Schoolmarms, Still in Operation, University One-Rooms, and Villages/Museums, .

 
  • Captain R. Deacon was one of four men who stood at the four corners of the first little log schoolhouse of the North West Territories. These men built the building and hired a teacher in order to get some schooling for their children some years before the government schools were organized.

 
  • Cadillac: Prairie Heritage
    Our Roots: Canada's Local Histories Online books, Title: Cadillac: Prairie Heritage. Author: Cadillac and District History Book Association, Publisher: Cadillac, Saskatchewan: Cadillac and District History Book Association, 1987

 
 
 
  • Chatsworth SD 1810 and ten other schools naming heritage

    Bert McKay of Moosomin biography, publisher, and editor. Origins of school district naming around the area of Churchbridge, Saskatchewan for eleven schools;Chatsworth SD 1810, Hohenlohe SD 2705, MacNutt SD 793, Zorn SD 3697, Landstrew SD 2698, Dressler SD 3732, Churchbridge SD 124, Rothbury SD 204, Goehring SD 910, Kensington Lake SD 1083, Flower Valley SD 1098 .

 
  • Cherished memories of Silver Willow
    Cherished memories of Silver Willow
    Silver Willow Reunion and Book Committee,
    # Schools--Saskatchewan--Willowbrook Region--History
    # Silver Willow School District no 681--Biographies

 
  • Clayton McLain Memorial Museum, Cut Knife
    The museum has information on school districts:
    Ada 5074, Alada 2955, Alfred 4853, Baldwinton 4762, Carruthers 3249, Cloan ( Ovenstown )1802, Cut Knife 1992, Cut Knife, Cut Knife, Cut Knife 1992, Dufferin 1888, Formby 4369, Gallivan 3857, Irene 2157, Lone Pine (later named Wembley) 4437, Madawaska 2238, Ovenstown 1802, Riding Hill 2326, Rockhaven 3707, Rose Mound 3775, Stringer 1825, Thule 4312, Triple Lakes 3056, Vance 180, Wardenville 2479, Weewona 855, Wembley 4437, Wilbert 2357, Willowview 4597.

 
  • Coleville School District No. 3645
    Coleville School District No. 3645 Warwick School 1913 to March 6, 1946. Coleville later accepted students from Warwick School and St. Florence School was closed in 1948, Eureka in 1949 Driver School in 1959, Driver in 1972 and Buffalo Coulee in 1972 before Coleville became a part of the consolidated Kindersley School Unit. A wikipedia article.

 
  • Community School Research
    Community Schools in Saskatchewan A Research Project March 31, 2008. Loraine Thompson Information Services Limited. After significant numbers of European settlers arrived in Saskatchewan, many one-room schools were established. These one-room schools were truly community schools. “Community members were generally responsible for building the school.” “In the early years, teachers boarded with families in the communities, traveling to school with some of their students.” “As centres of learning and of community development, one-room schools in Saskatchewan were as significant to the development of this province as the thousands of wood grain elevators that have also been relegated to history” (Mitchell, 2006).


 
  • Country Schools
    School and class pictures of the Grace School District- 1926, Little Valley School District #3956- 1910 , Little Woody School District, Sharon School District #3903, Lautier School District- 1908, Empress School District # 4438- 1921, Anchor School District- 1915

 
 
  • Cumberland House
    First school in western Canada , founded by catechist Henry Budd in 1840.

 
  • Cumberland House History
    Cumberland House (Waskahiganihk), 1774 is the oldest permanent settlement in western Canada. Henry Budd an Anglican Church Missionary began schooling here in 1839-40. Father Ovide Charlebois, a Roman Catholic missionary, and community members erected Charlebois School a one room log school house in 1897.

 
  • Debate regarding Saskatchewan's Consolidated Schools
    “There are too many School Districts with summer schools only, a scarcity of duly qualified teachers to man the existing districts and the new ones daily created, …four-fifths of Saskatchewan’s school children are denied the advantages of an education which town and city people can and do enjoy,” reported Arthur A. Frye on interviewing a rural school teacher. The system of non-education set in place in 1915 was considered more expensive than Consolidated Schools with qualified teachers. ~ a report by J. Adamson

 
 
 
  • Districts Part five
    Ladder Valley, Timberlost, Big Ravine School and the Otter Lake School: Memories Of Deep River Hunting, Trapping, Fishing and Fur Farming in Northern Saskatchewan, Canada

 
  • Doing more with less: A simulated amalgamation of school boards
    examining a hypothectical amalgmation of east-central Saskatchewan: Deer Park S.D. No. 26, Melville S.D. No. 108, Melville Comprehensive Board of Education, Potashville S.D. No. 80, Yorkdale S.D. No. 36, and Yorkton S.D. No. 93. By Gord Erhardt SSTA Research Centre Report #97-04

 
  • Dore Lake School
    September 1960,a school house started a quarter of a mile south of South End.

 
  • Doverly School District #2794
    Philipp Ritthaler, was the chair of the Doverly School District
    #2794 in the Municipality of Keslross; Winnifred Ritthaler school
    secretary for a fairly large school district of 50 and 55 students.

 
 
  • Education in Saskatchewan
    History, Pre-school, Primary and secondary education, Normal ages, Primary, Secondary, Saskatchewan school divisions, Electives, Post-secondary education, higher education, and academia, Vocational education and training college, Universities, Teaching, Additional options for gifted students, Education of students with special needs, and Extracurricular activities on wikipedia.

 
  • Education Yorkton's children (part 1)
    Miss Ella Carson began the schooling the children of York colony in 1889 in the "Stone School". The townsite moved in 1890 and Miss Nellie Teeple was the first teacher at the new location of the "Stone School". In 1899 the growing population saw a six room Victoria School followed by West End School 1906, Simpson School 1913, Burke School 1921, Fairview School 1954, Columbia School 1965.

 
 
 
 
  • Estevan, Saskatchewan school history
    History of early Estevan schools, such as Estevan School District No. 257, Rook's House 1899, Valleyview School, Hillside School, Estevan Collegiate Institute, Westview School, Pleasantdale school, Hillcrest School, Scotsburn School, Estevan Comprehensive School, Spruce Ridge School, and Land Central School placed online by Doug Gent

 
 
 
 
 
  • Ghost town where I started School
    was written on February 21, 2011 by © Joan Miller - Luxegen Genealogy. The article is an account of both Cuthbert School District and Hatfield, Saskatchewan (SE27-28-22-W2).

 
  • Golden Prairie
    The schools in Golden Prairie are now bussed to other communities, and all were closed in 2006. Photographs were taken by Jerome Martin, professional photographer, of the high school under construction 1955, Western School in 1955, Sechool Door 1976, School and Desks 1976, the abandoned high school 1995, Elementary school 1985

 
  • Goodhue School District 2293
    An excerpt from the book Number One Northern or The Memoir of a Pioneer by E.L. Anderson about Goodhue School District 2293.

 
  • Harringay School District #1684
    Harringay School District #1684 located on the northeast quarter section of section 8 township 42 range 14 west of the third meridian near Ruddell, Saskatchewan between 1906-1959. A map and some school information in answer to an e-mail query.

 
 
  • Hayward School
    Hayward School, Barn, and Teacherage in the R.M. of Lipton is a Municipal Heritage Property.
      Additionally HistoricPlaces.ca Canada's Historic Places (Parks Canada) has information upon these heritage school sites in Saskatchewan:
    • Weekes Public School (1931) is a Municipal Heritage Property at Weekes
    • Inkster School Building and the Inkster School Teacherage is a Municipal Heritage Property in Nipawin RM 487
    • Three, one-room, wood-frame Wood frame schoolhouses are preserved at the Wood Mountain School Municipal Heritage Property, Wood Mountain, Canada
    • Gregherd School Site in the town of Southey is a Municipal Heritage Property in Cupar RM 218.
    • Weissenberg School east of Village of Lemberg is a Municipal Heritage Property in McLeod RM 185
    • Tugaske School Municipal Heritage Property southwest of the Village of Tugaske
    • The two story tapestry brick Hepburn School constructed in 1927 in Hepburn is a Municpal Heritage Property
    • Foster School is a Municipal Heritage Property in the Rural Municipality of Abernethy 186 located north of the Village of Abernethy.
    • The two storey Swanson School, (Whelan/Sesula Residence/Knight School) built in 1916, is a Municipal Heritage Property located in the Rural Municipality of Montrose No. 315. Located in the southeast corner of the Hamlet of Swanson
    • Maxstone School is a Municipal Heritage Property located in the Rural Municipality of Stonehenge No. 73 south of the Town of Assiniboia
    • The Everton School is a Municipal Heritage Propert is in the Rural Municipality of Barrier Valley No. 397.
    • Boggy Creek School is a Municipal Heritage Property is in the Rural Municipality of Sherwood No. 159,northwest of the city of Regina.
    • Timberland School is a Municipal Heritage Property located within the Rural Municipality of Spiritwood No. 496 northeast of the Village of Leoville.
    • The Orkney School is a Municipal Heritage Property is northwest of Yorkton.
    • The two storey Central School is located in Swift Current, Canada
    • Parkside Public School and Grounds is a Municipal Heritage Property in the Village of Parkside.
    • Teh two storey brick Pioneer School is a Municipal Heritage Property located in the Town of Naicam
    • The Old Stone School is located directly University of Saskatchewan in the City of Saskatoon.
    • Southey’s First Original Classroom School is a Municipal Heritage Property located in the Town of Southey.
    • The Public School is a Municipal Heritage Property in the Village of Fox Valley.
    • South Star School is a Municipal Heritage Property located within the Rural Municipality of Star City No. 428 south of the Town of Star City.
    • The two storey 1923 Portion of Sedley School is a Municipal Heritage Property in the Village of Sedley.
    • The Morris School is a Municipal Heritage Property located within the Rural Municipality of Viscount No. 341, east of the Town of Young.
    • The Wideview Community Club (School) is a Municipal Heritage Property located southwest of the Village of Mankota in the Rural Municipality of Mankota No. 45.
    • The two storey Red Brick School is a Municipal Heritage Property in the Village of Val Marie.
    • Oscar Lake School (Krivoshein School / Krivoshein-Oscar Lake School) 1912-1930 1931-1966 is a Municipal Heritage Property located within the Rural Municipality of Meeting Lake No. 466 located northeast of the Hamlet of Alticane.
    • The two storey brick Macrorie School is a Municipal Heritage Property located in the Village of Macrorie.
    • Meuse School is a Municipal Heritage Property in the Rural Municipality of McCraney No. 282,east of the Town of Kenaston.
    • Mirror Lake School District No. 5086 1936-1957 is a Municipal Heritage Property located within the Rural Municipality of Spiritwood No. 496 south of the Village of Mildred.
    • The two storey four room brick Windthorst School (1926 Portion) is a Municipal Heritage Property located in the Village of Windthorst.
    • The St. John’s Separate School and Miniature Church is a Municipal Heritage Property south of the Town of Leader.
    • The Loring School (Loring School District No. 4513) 1924-1959 is a Municipal Heritage Property in the Rural Municipality of Barrier Valley No. 397 northwest of the Village of Archerwill.
    • Brooksdale School is a Municipal Heritage Property in the Rural Municipality of Mervin No. 499.
    • The two storey brick Alsask School 1914- is a Municipal Heritage Property within the Village of Alsask.
    • Crystal Hill School is a Municipal Heritage Property located in the Rural Municipality of Elmsthorpe No. 100, southwest of the Town of Avonlea.
    • The Pine Valley School site is a Municipal Heritage Property located northwest of Weirdale in the Rural Municipality of Paddockwood No. 520.
    • The two storey Stone School is a Municipal Heritage Property in the Town of Yellow Grass.
    • The Tall Spruce School is a Municipal Heritage Property east of Porcupine Plain in the Rural Municipality of Porcupine Plain No. 395.
    • Quincy School is a Municipal Heritage Property in the Rural Municipality of Baildon No. 131, south of the City of Moose Jaw.
    • Kutawa School District No. 477 1921 - 1967 is a Municipal Heritage Property located within the Rural Municipality of Mount Hope No. 279 northeast of the Village of Punnichy.
    • 1½-storey, red brick Ernfold School 1919- is a Municipal Heritage Property located in the Village of Ernfold.
    • Dysart Elementary School is a Municipal Heritage Property in the Village of Dysart.
    • The two-storey Elrose Brick School is a Municipal Heritage Property in the Town of Elrose.
    • The two-storey Wakaw Elementary School is a Municipal Heritage Property in the Town of Wakaw.
    • Northern Beauty School is a Municipal Heritage Property located within the Rural Municipality of Beaver River No. 622, in the Hamlet of Golden Ridge.
    • St. Joseph's Roman Catholic Church, Rectory and School in South Qu'Appelle RM 157, in the Organised Hamlet of St. Joseph’s
    • Hazel Ridge School is a Municipal Heritage Property within the Rural Municipality of Shellbrook No. 493 south east of the Town of Shellbrook.
    • Paisley Brook School is a Municipal Heritage Property located in the Rural Municipality of Happy Valley No. 10,southeast of the Hamlet of Big Beaver
    • Merid School is a Municipal Heritage Property within the Rural Municipality of Milton No. 292.
    • Ravineside School (1913-1962) is a Municipal Heritage Property located in the Rural Municipality of McKillop No. 220, south west of the Town of Strasbourg.
    • The brick Old Morse School is a Municipal Heritage Property located a in the Town of Morse.
    • Brick one storey Cotswold School is a Municipal Heritage Property in the Rural Municipality of Senlac No. 411.
    • Victoria School 1914- is a Municipal Heritage Property Town of Duck Lake.
    • The Old School (Teacherage) 1906-1910 Strasbourg School District No. 1542 is a Municipal Heritage Property located adjacent to the Strasbourg and District Museum in the Town of Strasbourg.
    • Lilydale School is a Municipal Heritage Property located northeast of the Town of Neilburg in Hillsdale RM 440.
    • Scentgrass School is a Municipal Heritage Property in the Rural Municipality of Meota.
    • Hudson Bay School is a Municipal Heritage Property located within the Town of Hudson Bay
    • Hillview School (Hillview School, District No. 1541) is a Municipal Heritage Property located in the Rural Municipality of Harris No. 316 northwest of the Village of Harris.
    • The Elementary School is a Municipal Heritage Property located in the Town of Gravelbourg.
    • The Pheasant Forks Church and School is a Municipal Heritage Property located in the Rural Municipality of McLeod, north of the Town of Lemberg.
    • The Billimun Community Centre and Historical Society (Mankota School Pinto Dale School No. 1398 Govan Lee School) is a Municipal Heritage Property located in the Rural Municipality of Mankota No. 45, northwest of the Village. Building built in Mankota as a one room schoolhouse moved to the site for Pinto Dale School No. 1398 in 1964, until closing in 1967
    • McKay School No. 135 is a Municipal Heritage Propertynortheast from the Town of Whitewood in the Rural Municipality of Willowdale 153.
    • Soda Lake School is a Municipal Heritage Property in the Rural Municipality of Laurier No. 38, south of the Town of Radville.
    • Goodsoil Historical Museum is a Municipal Heritage Property located within the Village of Goodsoil
    • The Brownville Community Club (Brownville School #4677) 1927-is a Municipal Heritage Property in the Rural Municipality of White Valley No. 49, southwest of Dollard.
    • Eddy School No. 1846 is a Municipal Heritage Property in the Rural Municipality of Longlaketon No. 219, near the Town of Earl Grey.
    • The Pinto River School is a Municipal Heritage Property located in the Rural Municipality of Auvergne No. 76, south of the Village of Aneroid.
    • The Reliance Community Hall is a Municipal Heritage Property located southwest of the Village of Mankota, in the Rural Municipality of Glen McPherson No. 46.
    • The Etaples School is a Municipal Heritage Property located northwest of the Town of Edenwold in the RM of Edenwold #158
    • Leipzig Convent (Notre Dame Convent and Boarding School Notre Dame Convent) 1926/7-1969 is a Municipal Heritage Property located in the Rural Municipality of Reford No. 379 south of the Town of Wilkie.
    • The Fred Light Museum (St. Vital School) 1911-1974 is a Municipal Heritage Property located in the Town of Battleford.
    • The Turtle Lake School is a Municipal Heritage Property located in the Village of Borden.
    • The two storey Red Brick Schoolhouse is a Municipal Heritage property located in the Town of Ituna.
    • The Halcyonia Community Centre is a Municipal Heritage Property north of the Village of Borden in the Rural Municipality of Great Bend #405.
    • Coronation Community Cairn for the Coronation School is a Municipal Heritage Property located within the Rural Municipality of Kingsley No. 124, northeast of the Town of Windthorst.
    • The Log Cabin, Rural School & St. David's Church is a Municipal Heritage Property within the Town of Porcupine Plain
    • The Milden Community Museum is a Municipal Heritage Property located in the Village of Milden.
    • The Old Brick School is a Municipal Heritage Property in the Town of Dundurn.
    • The Lumsden & District Heritage Museum is a Municipal Heritage Property located in the Town of Lumsden. Kedleston School 1912-1963 in the Hamlet of Kedleston, and moved to museum. as well, The tin-sided Tregarva Community Hall was a school 1890-1907.
    • Vintage Power Machines is a Municipal Heritage Property containing Donnybrook School District (No. 1222) which was near the Village of Macdowall from 1906 to 1960 and is now at the heritagte site southwest of the City of Prince Albert in the Rural Municipality of Prince Albert No. 461.
    • The R.M. of Glen Bain No. 105 Municipal Office (Glen Bain High School in the Simonson School District No. 3862 1936 to 1944) is a Municipal Heritage Property located in the Hamlet of Glen Bain.
    • Albert School is a Municipal Heritage Property in Saskatoon.
    • Leross Heritage Park is a Municipal Heritage Property located within the Village of Leross holds Granatier School, District No. 1497 of the Lestock-Leross district 1907-1950
    • The Fort Pelly-Livingstone Museum is a Municipal Heritage Property situated in the Village of Pelly. The property features a two-storey brick building used as the Midhurst School District #1530 public school 1912-1967.
    • St. Alban’s Anglican Church is a Municipal Heritage Property located in the Village of Pelly. Midhurst School District #1530 1907-1909, moved to town in 1909 before the building was used as a church in 1910
    • The Rosthern Mennonite Heritage Museum (man-English Academy 1910-1963) is a Municipal Heritage Property Town of Rosthern.
    • Rocanville and District Museum is a Municipal Heritage property located inthe Town of Rocanville Prosperity School and Cambridge School within the museum.
    • Gravelbourg Ecclesiastical Buildings National Historic Site of Canada is located in Gravelbourg, features two schools and a college and a 1917 board school.
    • Government House, Battleford is a Provincial Heritage Property located in the Town of Battleford. Built in 1876 and converted 1883 as the first Indian Industrial School in western Canada until 1914.
    • The Diocese of Qu’Appelle is a Provincial Heritage Property in the city of Regina served as St. Chad’s College ~ a theological school for the training of young men for ministry(1913-14), Qu’Appelle Diocesan School for Girls (1918-1970)
    • In the Town of Unity, Unity Heritage Museum is a Municipal Heritage Property. Features elements of Adanac School and Eastbank School ,
    • The Mossbank & District Museum Inc., the Schoolhouse, the Blacksmith Shop, & Ambroz House is a Municipal Heritage Property located in the Town of Mossbank featuring the Johnson Lake School Division No. 3261 school building (1921-1943), and moved to the museum after 1979
    • Kipling and District Museum is a Municipal Heritage Property located within the Town of Kipling features Pipestone Lake School District #3508.
    • The College Mathieu Pavillion built 1918/20 is located in the Town of Gravelbourg.
    • The Vibank Convent is a Municipal Heritage Property in the Town of Vibank features a girls school, dormitory and convent 1923-1977

 
 
 
 
  • History of Frobisher and District Schools
    Including a history of Ansell School, Ernewein School, Frobisher School # 810, Hirsch School, Munro School # 544, Nivelle School District, Rockland School #800, South Frobisher #4167 Vineberg #284,

 
 
  • Holbrook School District # 844
    Neva MacLeod in 1919, has left some interesting notes about her tenure in Holbrook School District, near Alameda SK. My Narrow Escape: The experience of spending the night in the school house due to a blizzard and Saskatchewan School 1919-1920.

 
  • Hungarian Settlements
    Kossuth, Magyar, Rakoczi, and Little Mountain school districts were part of the Bekevar colony near Kipling, SK. Article by Alan Anderson published for the Encyclopedia of Saskatchewan © 2006 Canadian Plains Research Center, University of Regina

 
 
 
 
  • Krist School District
    c1908 map of the Krist School district named after Father Krist with all the land owners.

 
  • Legal land description
    How to read Homestead Records - Section, Township, Range, Meridian. Tutorial, maps and information on the legal land survey system

 
 
 
  • Lysenko Rural School - SD #494
    LYSENKO SCHOOL History of the Lysenko one room rural/country school (1907-1959) located approximately half way between the towns of Insinger & Theodore Saskatchewan, Canada.

 
 
  • Meadowdale School
    This class picture was taken at Meadowdale School near Canora, Sk and Phoenix SD 2320.

 
  • Melfort: Heart of the Carrot River Valley
    Melfort: Heart of the Carrot River Valley is an online book which relates the history of: Argus School, Arpsville School, Athol School, Belgrave School, Berlin School, Campbellville School, Carrot River School, Central Park School, Clapton School, Dover School, East Bend School, Edenbridge School, Excelsior School, Fairy Glen School, Fortuna School, Galabank School, Harriville School, Kirkton School, Louisa School, Maryville School, McAllister School, Melfort Public School, Melfort View School, Melinda School, Murphy Creek School, Naisberry School, North Star School, Norwood School, Orchard School, Oriole School, Pathlow Heights School, Percieville School, Prescott School, Queen's Park School, Rothwell School, Sacriston School, Sandhill Creek School, Shannon-View School, South Star School, Spry School, Star City School, Stoney Creek School, Sweetwater School, Taelman School, Taylorside School, Teddington School, Thatch Creek School, Vaughan School, Willowdale School, Yankton School, and Flett's Springs.

 
  • Memories of Shand:
    History of a Saskatchewan Coal Mining Community. Memories of the "The Little Red Schoolhouse"

 
 
 
  • Morse Memories
    Morse Memories
    * Morse School District (Sask.)--Biography
    * Morse School District (Sask.)--HistoryAlternate Titles

 
 
 
  • Nokomis History - School Districts - Nokomis, Saskatchewan
    • The "first" school in the Town of Nokomis
    • Bannockburn S. D. No. 1983
    • Boulder Lake S. D. No. 2308
    • Colt Lake S. D. No. 4421
    • Constance S. D. No. 1976
    • Cuthbert S. D. No. 1934
    • Killarney S. D. No. 2474
    • Kutawagan S. D. No. 3913
    • Nemaha S. D. No. 3528
    • Newlands S. D. No. 2103
    • Richfarms S. D. No. 1782
    • Rowandville S. D. No. 3900
    • Saline S. D. No. 1863


 
  • Normal Schools in Saskatchewan.
    Saskatoon, Regina and Moose Jaw Normal Scools in the early twentieth century, the origins of teacher training and teacher education.
 
 
  • Oakdale No. 320, Saskatchewan; Rural Municipality
      RM Oakdale 320 registered
    • Algoma School District No. 2876 (1914–1946)
    • Ashford School District No. 3773 (1916–1947)
    • Avoca School District No. 3363 (1914–1947)
    • Beaufield School District No. 3169 (1913–1947)
    • Bonn School District No. 2475 (1909–1947)
    • Buffalo Coulee School District No. 4278 (1919–1947)
    • Coleville School District No. 3645 (1915–1946)
    • Driver School District No. 811 (1912–1947)
    • Elm Point School District No. 2779 (1911–1947)
    • Eureka School District No. 2174 (1908–1947)
    • Gleneath School District No. 4453 (1921–1947)
    • Hopedale School District No. 346 (1911–1947)
    • McKellar School District No. 584 (1910–1947)
    • St. Florence School District No. 4299 (1920–1947)
    • Somme School District No. 4127 (19??-1947)
    • Teo Lake School District No. 1358 (1912–1947)
    • Warwick School District No. 3080 (1913–1940)
    A wikipedia article.

 
  • One-room Schools
    written by Rosella Mitchell for the Encyclopedia of Saskatchewan © 2006 Canadian Plains Research Center, University of Regina

 
 
 
  • One-room Schools
    written by Rosella Mitchell for the Encyclopedia of Saskatchewan © 2006 Canadian Plains Research Center, University of Regina

 
  • Our roots : a history of La Ronge
    Our roots : a history of La Ronge Wiens, Alfred, La Ronge Heritage Committee provides a history of La Ronge, and a chapter devles into education in this community.

 
  • Our School
    History of Fillmore, Osage, Tyvan, Creelman School Districts and 33 Central.

 
  • Kelvington School 1936
    School class photograph of grades 4, 5, 6 and 7. Hope someone can fill in the missing names, also that
    others with school pictures will keep submitting them.

 
 
 
  • Pearl Creek School Letters Letters from Lois Purdy, 1904-1979 and her sister Harriet describing their experience teaching at Pearl Creek School, S.D. No. 1048, Melville, Saskatchewan, from May to December 1924. "Mother", the recipient of the letters, was May Purdy (full name Lena May Purdy), who had taught in NWT [i.e. pre-Sask.] schools in the 1890s. There is also a small collection of letters written to them the next year by former pupils.

 
 
 
  • Prairie Fire Prairie West Historical Society Incorporated Eston, Saskatchewan
    Prairie Fire shows the formation of a Bible school as one aspect of the evangelical force that swept the Canadian Prairies. The school is the Full Gospel Bible Institute (FGBI), located in a prairie town -- Eston, Saskatchewan. We trace its development from its humble beginnings to the degree granting institution it is today. We pay particular attention to student life, including life as a foreign student. Finally, we note the dynamics between the school and the town of Eston.

 
 
  • Rural Municipality of Deer Forks No. 232 and Rural Municipality of Happyland #231 one room school districts
    • Acreworth section 4 township 20 range 29 West of the third meridian
    • Alexander Plains Section 6 township 20 range 28 west of the third meridian
    • Baden School District #704 SW section 30 township 20 range 25 west of the third meridian
    • Burstall NE section 35 township 19 range 29 west of the third meridian
    • Caithness School District #3824] SW section 17 township 22 range 28 west of the third meridian
    • Cululi School District #3215 SE section 15 township 21 range 25 west of the third meridian
    • Dante School District #1223 NE section 32 township 21 range 26 west of the third meridian
    • Dean View School District #3368 1916-1945 section 9 township 23 range 26 west of the third meridian
    • Deerforks School District #3194 1916-1945 SW section 18 township 22 range 27 west of the third meridian
    • Dirksburg School District #3190 SE section 13 township 21 range 26 west of the third meridian
    • Elaine section 29 township 21 range 27 west of the third meridian
    • Elardee School District #3695 Section 15 township 19 range 25 west of the third meridian
    • Estuary School District #3387 1916-1959 section 2 township 23 range 28 west of the third meridian
    • Flowerdale section 3 township 23 range 25 west of the third meridian
    • Frohlich School District #3181 / 3191 SW section 17 township 20 range 26 west of the third meridian
    • Gascoigne section 27 township 20 range 28 west of the third meridian
    • Heg section 1 township 20 range 26 west of the third meridian
    • Herrman School District #401 (Herman School District #401) 1912-1946 SW Section 6 township 22 range 25 west of the third meridian
    • Hohenlinden School District #408 1913-1946 NW section 14 township 22 range 27 west of the third meridian
    • Hollymount School District #352 1911-1951 section 20 township 21 range 26 west of the third meridian
    • Keynote section 9 township 20 range 27 west of the third meridian
    • Leader (White School 1915-1958 and Brick School 1917-1958) NW section 21 township 22 range 26 west of the third meridian
    • Liebenthal sections 3, 4 township 20 range 26 west of the third meridian and parts of section s 27, 28, 33, and all of section 34, township 19 range 26 west of the third meridian
    • MacKenzie School District #3107 NE section 22 township 20 range 25 west of the third meridian
    • Mendham N section 10 township 21 range 27 west of the third meridian
    • Nicefield section 21 township 19 range 26 west of the third meridian
    • Prelate SE section 9 township 22 range 25 west of the third meridian
    • Puritan School District #3417 section 23 township 21 range 27 west of the third meridian
    • Richfield section 8 township 19 range 28 west of the third meridian
    • Richville section 11 township 19 range 28 west of the third meridian
    • Rosenthal School District #2869 SE Section 13 Township 19 range 26 west of the third meridian
    • Sautner School District #3696 SE 4 section 34 township 21 range 27 west of the third meridian.
    • Saskedge School District #4632 NW section 28 township 21 range 29 West of the third meridian
    • Selz School District #2843 NE section 34 township 19 range 25 west of the third meridian
    • Smith School District #961 NW section 35 township 19 range 28 west of the third meridian
    • Spyer School District #3033 near Mendham.
    • St Johns Parochial School 1915-1942 St Johns Separate School 1943-1965 section 4 township 21 range 26 west of the third meridian
    • Valley School District #2585 section 16 township 22 range 26 west of the third meridian
    • Weigel Plains section 33 township 19 range 27 west of the third meridian
    • Westerham School District #3973 1918-1947 section 2 township 23 range 27 west of the third meridian


 
  • Rural School Saskatchewan
    Saskatchewan Genealogical Society Moose Jaw Branch has put online photographs of Westview # 256 and Tuxford # 2486 as well as they are indexing school records for the Alexandra School.

    WESTVIEW School District # 256 was located at S.W Twp 18, Rge 2, W2 In the R.M OF Caron, it is now demolished. Westview S.D. was organized in 1893 and closed in June 1963 There is a write up of the school, it's pupils and teachers in the history book "From Buffalo Trails to Blacktop" The Moose Jaw Branch of SGS web page has some pictures which I put up and to which you are more than welcome to add or link to your site.

    What a great site you have created!
    Wendy ( a former Westview pupil)
    Bibliography

 
  • Saskatchewan and Alberta
    Under the section entitled education the article discusses the Act of 1905 which includes both public and separate schools in Saskatchewan and Alberta. A general historical account by Kevin Knight of Saskatchewan and Alberta put online by the Catholic Encycopedia

 
 
  • Saskatchewan Schools: Early History
    General early school history written by Alex Youck, Jim Slough for the Encyclopedia of Saskatchewan © 2006 Candian Plains Research Center, University of Regina

 
  • Saskatchewan School Inspection
    Saskatchewan School Inspection of the One Room Schoolhouse
    The school inspector provided direction for inexperienced school board trustees and one room school house teachers. Such supervision was needed in the early twentieth century when teachers had very limited professional training. Teachers were expected to become community leaders." The school inspector "had expert preparation in community leadership and school organisation and professional supervision in the ordinary school subjects....to give him [teachers] sound advice when community troubles arise; and to help get results in the classroom." report by J. Adamson

 
 
 
 
 
 
  • School Busing
    The Cold and Bumpy Ride: Busing to School in Rural Saskatchewan During the 1950s. Prepared for Saskatchewan Western Development Museum's "Winning the Prairie Gamble" 2005 Exhibit by Joan Champ January 28, 2002.

 
  • Schools - Celebrating Saskatchewan's Heritage
    Porcupine Plain Elementary School, Mistatim School, Millford School, Handford School, Winona Sod School, Nutana School, Midale School, Neidpath School, first Eagle Creek School SD 741, Bresaylor School, Hohenlohe School, Battleford Indian Industrial School, Victoria Stone School,

 
 
  • Schools 1910-1991 South Central Saskatchewan Schools within the Rural Municipality of Stonehenge #73
      Covers the RM schools of
    • Advance School District #818 Circa 1913 - 1946
    • Bruce School District #2541 Circa 1910 - 1959 SE 27-2-3 in 1910, replaced in 1924 with a new brick school
    • Conifer School District #4613 Circa 1926 - 1953
    • Crestmount School District #3463 Circa 1914 - 1950 NW 7 7 3 3
    • Daystar School District #5114 Circa 1936 - 1951 Sw 3 7 3 3
    • Ford School District #2569 Circa 1910- 1944 NW11-10-2-3
    • Hewson School District #2743 Circa 1910 - 1956
    • Highland School District #2397 Circa 1909 - 1947 NW 11-8-2-3
    • Jackson School District #606 Circa 1912- 1963 SE 9-8-1-3
    • Kea School District #3231 Circa 1914 - 1927 and 1928 - 1949
    • Lakenheath School District #3451 Circa 1915 - 1954
    • Lynthrope School District #3247 Circa 1914 - 1948
    • Maxstone School District #2436 Circa 1909 - 1963 SE 35-6-1-3
    • Milton School District #3111 Circa 1914? - 1954 (on closure moved to Twelve Mile Lake School and then to Stonehenge for a Post Office), Orinoco School District #837 Circa 1913 - 1952
    • Progress Hill School District #2732 Circa 1912- 1967 24-9-1-3
    • Rothsay School District #1302 Circa 1915 - 1945 NW 27-9-3-3
    • Ruperra School District #812 Circa 1913 - changed names to the Assiniboia School District #812 or 7th Avenue School
    • Stonehenge School District #4833 Circa 1910 - 1971 the second site was on S ¼ of Alfred French homestead - E ½ 30-6-1-3 whch was west of the first location due to the Maxtone school district being formed
    • Twelve Mile Lake School District #3328 Circa 1913 - 1956 the first school house built on SW 31-6-2-3. and in 1929 the school district divided into two, Twelve Mile #3328 now located at North West corner of NW 36-6-2-3 r and Stonehenge School District #4833 was the other schoolhouse built for the district
    • Welcome School District #2691 Circa 1911 - 1948 south side of SW 1-9-3-3
    • Weston School District #3062 Circa 1916? - 1944 NE 36-8-2-3
    • Willow Beach School District #4339 Circa 1923 - 1946
    . Community Memories, Virtual Museum Assiniboia and District Historical Museum Assiniboia, Saskatchewana. Sources Prairie Trails and Pioneer Tales, Echoes of the RM of Stonehenge #73

 
 
 
  • Schools of Willow Bunch
    The First School 1889 Roman Catholic Public School District Sitkala, renamed in 1936 to Willow Bunch School, The Convent, The School Crisis, The Willow Bunch School of Today

 
  • Schools and School Districts
    Area maps and history of St. Joseph's Colony area: Grosswerder District Schools, Handel District Schools,Hearts Hill District Schools, Liepzig District Schools, Luseland District School, Outside Unity District Schools, Phippen District Schools, Unity District Schools, Wilkie District School.
    Online maps include:
      Grosswerder District Schools
    • Ackerman District
    • Bride School District
    • Ollenberger School District
    • Cactus Lake School District No. 296
    • Edenview School No. 3953
    • Falconhurst School District No. 2708
    • GlenEden School District No. 4304
    • Kokesh School District No. 2617
    • Denzil Sacred Heart High School
      Liepzig District Schools
    • Krist School District
    • Pascal School District
    • Cavell/Coblenz School District
    • Aroma Lake School District
    • Leipzig School District
    • Medina School District
      Unity District Schools
    • Alfred Knowles
    • Belton
    • Buccleugh
    • Mount Everest
    • Rosebrier

 
  • Sonnenfeld Colony:A Piece of Saskatchewan History
    Dravland School District- 1912, Hoffer School- 1928, Lorraine School District pre 1929, Lyndale School - 1907, Murray Smith School- 1914, Norge School District pre 1929, Ratcliffe School District- 1929, Summit School - 1911, and Velhaven School- 1915.

 
  • South East Saskatchewan
    Rosedale School, School District #145 (Sec 22 Tsp 12 Rge 1 W of the 2 Meridian) and Vandura school, School District #1164 (Sec Tsp 12 Rge 2 W of the 2 Meridian) submitted by Glennis Lewis.

 
  • SOUTHWEST Saskatchewan historical one room schoolhouses
    Photographs of SK one room schoolhouses around Cabri, SK. taken by Gregory Melle and posted online at Flickr. A few of the school names or places names are Lemsford, Hallonquist, Alexander Plain, Gascoigne, Smith, Bitter Lake, Newport, Surprise, Friesen, Main Centre, Horsham, Loomis, Barr, Butte, Hoyle, St. John's, Kyle (Perone), North Landing, Russelton, Sanctuary, Tuberose, White Bear, St. Boswells, Ararat Springs, Miry Creek, ROE, Waldensian Valley, Wayne Valley, Elrose, Swanson, Glen Kerr, Tuxedo (Calderbank), Leney, Perdue, Nadeauville, Sandford Dene, Verlo (Ess Lake), Fiske, Smiley, Govenlock, Green Dell, Orillia, Panorama, Leinan, Vendetta, Val Marie, Dama-Nixon, Avon, Lashburn, Cabri, Chief Beardy's, North Battleford, Saskatoon

 
 
  • Steele School District Collection
    Pupil, teacher and school district papers relating to Steele S. D. no. 4158 held by Mennonite Historical Society of Saskatchewan (MHSS).

 
 
 
  • Svoboda #1704
    Svoboda School #1704, Regina, teachers from 1908 - 1925

 
  • Tale That is Told: Estevan 1890 - 1980
    A Tale That is Told: Estevan 1890 - 1980 local history book online covers these school districts: Estevan's First School Bell, Public Schools of Estevan, Teachers in Estevan Public Schools since 1958, Estevan Collegiate - New Junior High, History of the Estevan Catholic School System, The Estevan Comprehensive School, Albany School District #1072, Teaching Days at Albany S.D. 1929, Berdahl School District, Bethel School District No. 655, Memories of Bethel S.D. No. 655, Bienfait Rural School No. 897, Big Butte S.D. #982 and Big Butte School, History of the Brown School District No. 1329, Forest Glen School, Golden Heart School, Memories of the Kingsford School District #3546, Kolke School, Madigan School District #2095, History of Madigan School District No. 2095, Mizpah School District #798, Nygren S.D. #977, History of Reddemann School, Short Creek School No. 768, The History of Scotsburn School 1961, View Hill School District #2507, Wood-End School District.

 
 
  • Talpash Family
    Stephen Talpash attended the one-room rural Wolodymyr School in Manitoba where he was born. Talpash later taught in Saskatchewan one room schoolhouses beginning in the Canora - Buchanan area, 1929 Touchwood, 1930-32 Olesha, Forest Hill, 1934-5 Mikado, 1935-7 Bogucz (Sch. Dist. 1743) near Donwell. Then moving around Saskatchewan to Mistatim 1938, Smeaton 1942-43, Gronlid 1943-44, Caldervale near Theodore 1944-46, Nanton near Willowbrook, Olesha near Rama followed, 1949-52 Stephen taught in Chechow near Sturgis, 1957-63 in Dobronouitz, 1963-4 Poplar Springs, then finally 1964-5 he taught in the Buchanan High School, and in 1967 was the Rector-in-Residence of the Peter Mohyla Ukrainian Institute in Saskatoon.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  • Unique Lemberg school part of Catholic history
    "Less than a kilometre east of Lemberg, Sask., on Highway 22, was constructed ... 1900 as Weissenberg Roman Catholic Public School #49 to serve an area settled by German-speaking Catholic settlers from Galacia, Austria. "

 
  • Unity One Room School Houses
    Listing of nearly 250 One Room Schools in the area of Unity, Saskatchewan which was compiled by Mr. Frank Oatway and submitted by Marlene Lefebvre.

 
  • Village
    Melfort School District #318 built -1894, Rothwell School- 1907.

 
  • Vallar School District No. 1020 fonds
    Gerald area (25-19-32-W1) established the Vallar School District No. 1020 on May 9, 1904. The school house was built on NW 21-19-32-W1, was built c.1904. and closed 1957. Regina office, Saskatchewan Archives (SAB).

 
 
 
 
 
  • World
    Belleville school built in 1920, Brookside 1888, Fairmede 1889, Highview 1896, Kennedy 1905, Kossuth 1901, Langbank school 1916, Montgomery 1886, Saffordia 1901, and St. Hubert 1910.

 
  • Women's Journeys
    An analysis of "women’s journeys" in educational administration positions across rural Saskatchewan written by Anne-Marie Merle, University of Saskatchewan



Internet sites transferred from Gallery of photos

WWW One Room School Sites not on the SK ORSH Project WWW Site:
Bond School
Ryerson, SK

WWW Site:

Boyle SD 1800
Estlin, SK

WWW site:


Boggy Creek School
Brora, SK

WWW site:

Burnside SD 2146
Glenbrea, SK

WWW Site:

Dafoe SD 4038 Dafoe, Sk

WWW Site:
Donamar SD 35790
Edgeley, SK

WWW site:
Eddy SD1846
Bulyea, SK
WWW Site:
Edenkillie SD 2022
Uhl's Bay, SK
WWW Site:
Estlin SD 107
Estlin, SK
WWW Site:
Etaples SD 4578
Frankslake, SK
WWW Site:
Foster SD 388
Abernethy, SK
WWW Site:
Headlands SD
SK
WWW Site:
Meadowdale SD 4578
Canora, SK
WWW Site:
Pengarth SD
Strasbourg, SK
WWW Site:
Stirling SD 258
SK
WWW Site:
Uneeda SD 1505
Bulyea, SK
WWW site:
Avonhurst, SK
WWW Site:
Victoria Park SD
SK
WWW Site:
Weardale SD 814
Estlin, SK
WWW site:
Handford SD 1857
Birsay, SK
WWW site:
Winona SD 1698
Herschel, SK
WWW site:
Alexandra School
Moose Jaw, SK
WWW site:
Copeland SD 2017
Quill Plains, SK
WWW Site:
St. John's School
Leader, Sk
WWW Site:
Tuxford SD# 2486
Grayburn, Sk
WWW Site:
Westview SD# 256
Grayburn, Sk
WWW site:
Windsor SD# 265.
WWW Site:
Merrill SD# 1582
Saskatoon, SK
WWW Site:
Llewelyn SD 807
Llewylyn, SK
WWW Site:
Canora school
Canora, SK
WWW Site:
One Room School south of Lumsden
     

Thank you for stopping by # 22589
Web Page title: places.html
URL: /~cansk/school/places.html
Copyright © Web Publish Date: Tuesday, 25-Mar-2014 18:22:01 MDT All Rights Reserved
E-mail Webmaster ... Important Notice"