(410) Joshua Humphreys and John Wilson qualified Justices.
(410) Anthony Sedusky appointed road surveyor in Tyger's Valley. Daniel McLain appointed road surveyor in Tyger's Valley.
(413) Thomas Watterson's death abates suit.
(416) John Nickle exempted from County levy.
(433) Samuel Pritchard's death abates suit.
(437) David Griver, vice Jacob Peck, appointed Constable.
(439) Michael Bowyer qualified Attorney.
(439) Ordinary rates.
(441) Richard Madison, Clerk of this Court, being
in the service of the State as Lieutenant of Militia, Peter Hog
appointed Clerk pro tem.
(441) Executors of Francis Weir (Daniel Westfall and Benjamin Wilson) petition that appraisers be appointed for Francis's estate, as the times in that part of the country are so troublesome from the incursions of the Indians and the stock of the testator are exposed.
(442) John White qualified Lieutenant.
(444) Joseph Patterson recommended Captain, vice
Captain William Anderson; John Campbell as Lieutenant, and David
Gibson as Ensign.
(445) Randall Slack and Sarah, his wife, failing to appear as witnesses to the will of Casper Ekert, are fined unless they appear, &c.
(447) Joseph Patterson qualified Captain; also John Campbell as Lieutenant, and David Gibson as Ensign.
(447) David Griner qualified Constable.
(448) Patrick Savage to be summoned to show cause why his children should not be bound out, it appearing that he is not capable of bringing them up in a Christianlike manner.
(449) Thomas Rankin recommended Captain, vice Robert Kenny; Gasper Clemmons as First Lieutenant, George Anderson as Second Lieutenant, and James Rankin as Ensign.
(450) Commission granted to take deposition of Sarah, wife of John Caldwell. Deed to Jacob Gabbert.
(450) Thomas Rankin qualified Captain.
(451) Michael Simms indicted for rescuing his horse, impressed in country's service. Stuffe How, for opposing and resisting an officer empowered to press a horse for said service, by Geo. Nicholas, Jacob and Martin Coyle.
(452) Rebecca, widow of Andrew Lewell, qualifies executrix.
(453) James Hughes, witness--18 miles.
(454) Ann Wells, wife of Thomas Wells, soldier in the service of the Republic.
(456) John Middleton, child of Elizabeth Bradshaw, to be bound to George McNutt.
(456) Robert Thompson recommended as Ensign.
(451) William Watson's death abates
(458) Joseph Peace's death abates suit.
(463) Admn. of estate of John McClintock, deceased, is granted to Wm. McClintock, whose security is William McClintock, Sr.
(464) Elenore Cockrain, widow of Samuel Cockrain, who died in Continental Service, allowed £40. Elenore Forehand, widow of Darby Forehand, allowed £20.
(465) Charles Hyde, aged 15, orphan of John Hyde, to be bound to John McDonough.
(466) Commission granted to take priv. examination of Mary, wife of Martin Sherman, who resides in Albemarle. Deed to Wm. Richards.
(467) Robert Thompson qualified Ensign.
(471) Alexr. Robertson qualified Vestryman.
(474) Abraham Kerkendoll's death abates suit.
(475) Brian Breeding's death abates suit.
(479) Benjamin Hawkins's death abates
(483) William Mann's death abates suit.
(484) Joseph Hinkle's death abates suit.
(489) John Hawkin's death abates suit.
(506) William Head, returned no inhabitant.
(510) Alexander McCoy, returned no inhabitant.
(547) William Hays, returned no inhabitant.
(568) John Cowley's death abates suit.
(577) John Hutchinson and John Henderson, returned no inhabitants.
(577) John Frogg's death abates suit.
(585) James Ewing, returned no inhabitant.
(591) Archer Mathews, returned no inhabitant.
(594) Mary Wilson's marriage abates suit.
(613) Jacob Hart, no inhabitant.
(613) John Stevenson's death abates suit.
(614) George Peoples, returned "Lives in Rockbridge."
(623) On petition of Patrick McDavid, Commissioners to lay off dower to Martha Cowden, widow of Samuel Wilson, deceased, in half the lot in Staunton and the outlet belonging.
(624) Hugh Campbell, orphan of Robert Campbell, chose Elijah McClenachan his guardian.
(625) Persons to take tithables in
the following Captains Companies.
James Tate, in Tate and
Long's Companies; Elijah McClenachan, in Buchanan's and
Simpson's; George Moffett, in Trimble's and Henderson's; John
Davidson, in Rankin's and Givens's; Alexr. Robertson, in
Johnston's and Thompson's; James Trotter, Jr, in McCutchon's and
(626) Joseph Bell, in Patterson's and Bell's; Joshua Humphreys, in Smith's; Thomas Huggart, in Capt. Kinkead's, Hicklin's and McCreary's; John Wilson, in McCoys and Vance's; Benj. Wilson, in Tyger's Valley; Andrew Davidson. on West Fork and Buchanan's.
(630) William Hutchinson, returned no inhabitant.
|Email Web Editor||Instructions|
© Copyright 1996, USGenWeb
NOTICE: Material may be freely used by non-commercial entities, as long as this message remains on all copied material. These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format for profit or other presentation.
Page last updated: Tuesday, 02-Sep-1997 13:58:34 MDT