The Englewood Historical Society was incorporated in 1990 to bring together people interested in history, especially Englewood history.

The successful publication of the History of Englewood book in 1993 capped the group’s early efforts.

The Society then spearheaded the successful volunteer drive to save the 1915 Englewood Santa Fe Depot from demolition.  The Depot is now owned by the City of Englewood and its final use has yet to be determined.  

The Society now has a permanent office located inside the Englewood Public Library in the new CityCenter.

The group will be playing a prominent role in the 100th Anniversary of the City which will culminate in May, 2003. 

Please join us in preserving our community’s past and in ensuring its vitality in the future.

 

Copyright © 2003 by the Englewood Historical Society
All rights reserved.