Optimists Club of Sheridan
Written for Sheridan Celebrates in 2001.
The Sheridan Optimists Club is dedicated to working with families,
businesses, and community members to strengthen the Sheridan Community.
All proceeds raised by this organization directly impact the Sheridan
Community. Among the many projects sponsored or funded by the
Prom Night - Sheridan High School
Safe School Project - Alice Terry Elementary
Tri-Star Basketball Tournament
Junior Optimists - Sheridan High School
Junior Optimists - Sheridan Middle School
Sheridan Library's Summer Reading Program
And Many More!
The Optimists Creed
- To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
- To talk health, happiness & prosperity to every person
- To make all your friends feel that there is something in
- To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism
- To think only the best, to work only for the best, and to
expect only the best.
- To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as
you are about your own.
- To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to greater
achievements of the future.
- To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every
living creature you meet a smile.
- To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that
you have no time to criticize others.
- To be too large for worry, too noble to anger, too strong
for fear, and to happy to permit the presence of trouble.
Optimist have had a chapter in Sheridan for six years. They
are active in supporting students with scholarships and projects.
The current president is Maryann Deden.
The Sheridan Optimists meet on Wednesday mornings, and one
Wednesday evening each month. The club meets at the International
House of Pancakes (IHOP), at Bear Valley, 3100 S Sheridan Blvd.
For more information about the Optimists, or joining, please contact
Ed Guerin at (303) 798-9088.
About the Society
/ Board of Trustees / Historical
Articles / Home Page
Meetings / Membership
/ "Sheridan Celebrates"
/ Other Links
Copyright © 2002 by the Sheridan Historical Society
All rights reserved