Dollendorf House Histories - from Dollendorf/Eifel - Landschaft und Geschichte

by Hermann Bungartz, translated by Pat Cotter

These histories were compiled from various records and genealogical research available to the author. Some translations are not finished yet, and most aren't even started so check back again!

History of the old houses

In the book "Dollendorf, the Rheinischen Städteatlas", published in 1976, you can find a reprint of a roughly drawn picture done in 1823 by Fr. Thieme of the village. This is the "original map 1823". It was made after the 1822 Katasterkarte and made in Brandenburg, the original is in the archive in Düsseldorf. Thirty-seven years later, a map was made with added information showing new houses.

Begun by Peter Hutsch, this tells the history of some of the old houses. The map of 1823 was the basis for making the more detailed history......

From the reseach on the house histories, it was discovered that among the older houses in Dollendorf, like the whole Eifel area, primitive half-timbered buildings predominate. Some from the middle of the 17th century were different in building style. Newer buildings had only the upper story half-timbered, the ground floor was made of massive quarry stone. Since the middle of the 18th century, the style changed again, from then on the houses were made of all stone.

In the compilation of the house histories, the author had valuable help from Bernd Michels of Hüngersdorf, who has spent years of intensive work on the history of the Dollendorf families and other towns in the Upper Ahr area.

Gossen Haus Schäfer Haus Kurs Haus Strappens Haus Kuersten Haus
Bärbelen Steiners Haus Ginten Haus Giefer Veyen Haus
Korsen Haus Dicken Hutschen Kirwel Franzgörgen
Loogh Hammessen Haus Geßges Noss Ramers
Merks Engels Schenzer Rickes Claas
Göddertz Schwartzen Kuhhirts (Köertz) Antoniushof Bonsen Haus
Mattessen Haus Wingertz Schmieds Wurms Schomers Haus
Dömpches Himmels Paulsen Arenten Jungbluths
Himmels (2) Felpesch Görgen Michels Ketten
Nützen Jokums Pleinen die Schule Genten
Rekols Kylls Jörkesch Kirchenbrenner Krämers
Billigessen Pöntges Dohmen Möesen Dicken
Botten Gentges Lahmen Haus Schellems Doressen
Broch Spielfranzen Pinnen Firsten Brenners
Mies Demary Daniels Loch Schäfer (Scheffer)
Peters Bau Hansen (Hermanns) Müllen Thönniges
Kammen Hamer Reedt Halfen Pfarrhaus
Schreiners Backes Hupperts Görgen Heinen
Engelen Siegel Docters Gierden Linnertz
Gierlichs Leuwer Klocken Schneiders Emmertz
Bové Ginten-Krieger 102 houses

Feuerstättenliste von 1682 - 61 houses

Protokoll der Huldigung von 1742

Return to Eifel Families page

You are the 5216..genealogists to see this page since the counter was installed on  4/23/97

It was last updated.Friday, 24-Oct-1997 06:48:19 MDT