Weld County Cemeteries
- Lakeview Cemetery (Windsor)
- Located in Windsor, Colorado on the southwest corner of Hwy 392 and Hwy 257 intersection, Sec 12, Twp 6N, Rg 67W. GPS reading is Latitude: N40.47936 Longitude: W104.89238.
The land the cemetery is located on originally belonged to a Mr Hollister. It is believed he gave the cemetery land to the First Methodist Church in the early 1880's. This cemetery is still in use and the Windsor Town Clerk is the custodian of the records.
The burials are indexed in the WCMI. Photographs of the tombstones have been taken by the DAR. Cemetery official website.
- Liberty Cemetery
- Located 15 miles north of Stoneham, Colorado on Hwy 71, CR 145, on CR 116. CR 116 turns east but the cemetery is to the west, up a "trail" at the top of the hill, SW corner of SE 1/4 Sec 13, Twp 10N, Rg 57W. GPS reading is Latitude: N40.8322, Longitude: W103.69660.
The cemetery is in a fenced area at the very top of the hill seen from Hwy 71. In the far right photo below the cemetery fence is just visible on the horizon.
The burials are indexed in the WCMI. The tombstones were photographed in March 2010 for the DAR.
- Linn Grove Cemetery (Greeley)
- Located between 16th Ave and 18th Ave on Cedar Ave in Greeley, Colorado. Take either 16th Ave or 18th Ave east from Hwy 85, NW1/4 of SW 1/4 Sec 10, Twp 5N Rg 65W. GPS reading is Latitude: N40.41196 Longitude: W104.65897.
In Mar 1874 the above property was purchased from J C Shattuck for a cemetery. Joseph C Shattuck owned a farm in Linn Creek, Missouri that was named "Linn Grove". When he came to the Greeley area he gave the same name to his newly purchased land, Jun 1872, and when the town bought the land for the cemetery they decided to keep the name for the cemetery. The first burial was 3 Jun 1874. Bodies from the "old" cemetery (Union Colony Cemetery) were moved to Linn Grove in 1882. Linn Grove is still an active cemetery and the records are in the office building on the grounds.
The burials from the beginning up through 2 Jun 2004 are indexed in the WCMI. The tombstone have been photographed by the DAR. Official website for Linn Grove Cemetery.
- Mizpah Cemetery (Platteville)
- Located 1/2 mile east of Hwy 85 on CR 32, Sec 17, Tpw 3N, Rg 66W. GPS reading is Latitude: N40.21870 Longitude: W104.81351.
The town records indicate the earliest burial was an unknown man, no date given. Earliest named burial was 1873. The cemetery is still in use and the Platteville Town Clerk is the custodian of the records.
The burials as of Aug 1975 are indexed in the WCMI. Photographs of the tombstones have been taken by the DAR.
- Mount Pleasant Cemetery (Erie)
- Located approximately one mile east of County Line Road which passes through the town of Erie, Colorado on CR3, Sec 18, Twp 1N, Rg 68W. GPS reading is Latitude: N40.05136, Longitude: W105.03726.
Erie's first cemetery is thought to have been located on Holbrook St just south of the site of the old Presbyterian Church. The first burial in the present cemetery was in 1882. In 1967, 274 unmarked graves were counted. The Erie Town Clerk is in charge of burial records for the cemetery.
Burials are indexed in the WCMI. Photographs of tombstones were taken in November 2009 and are on the DAR website. Mount Pleasant Cemetery official website.
- Mountain View Cemetery (Hudson)
- Located on the west side of Interstate 76 about 1 mile west of the town of Hudson at the intersections of Roads 12 and 43, Sec 3, Twp 1N, Rg 65W. GPS reading is Latitude: N40.07331 Longitude: W104.65924.
The cemetery lies in a U shape with the bottom of the U facing west. The middle section was being farmed in 1976. The cemetery is still in use but as of 1976 the location of the records is unknown.
The burials are indexed in the WCMI. The tombstones were photographed in October 2009 for the DAR.
- Mountain View Cemetery (Nunn)
- Located north of Nunn, Colorado. From Hwy 85, (at point of interest sign), take CR100 east, cross tracks then turn north on CR 29 1/2. Cemetery is about 1 mile north on the west side of the road, Sec 28, Twp 9N, Rg 66W. GPS reading is Latitude: N40.72449 Longitude: W104.78229.
No history available. The Town Clerk is custodian of the records.
Burials are indexed in the WCMI. Photographs of the tombstones were taken in November 2009 for the DAR.