civil war Delaware
Welcome to The American History and Genealogy Project (AHGP), an unincorporated not-for-profit network of independent sites devoted to History & Genealogy, and covering North American Countries and Territories. For more information about our group, including how you can join us, please see our About page.
The Civil War was one of the most important events to take place in America. It divided the country and in some cases families. It is the intention of this site to explore all aspects of the Civil War, it's battles, and the men and women involved in them. If you have information that pertains to the War between the States, please submit it to me. I will accept any information you have so long as it isn't copyrighted.
Delaware in the Civil War
CIVIL-WAR-WOMEN Mailing List
For those who are researching women that served or assisted in the American Civil War.
CW-POW Mailing List
For the discussion and sharing of information regarding the Civil War prisoner of war camps and prisoners of war, both Union and Confederate.
If you can't find your unit or regiment on these pages, please check the Civil War Soldiers and Sailors page.
National Park Service Civil War Soldiers and Sailors Main Page
RELOAD FOR CURRENT UPDATES. CHECK THE MAIN PAGE FOR NEW MONTHLY UPDATE LIST AND MESSAGES
To add information (correct name, add soldier information, etc.) to these pages, please contact by email the webmaster of that unit page. Email addresses should be found on each unit page. Thanks.
- 1880 Reunion of Benton County Veterans of Civil War [includes veterans from CO, DE, IL, IN, KS, KY, ME, MA, MI, MN, MO, OH, NY, PA, WI, and United States Regulars]
- 1893 Nebraska Census of Civil War Veterans (listed under Assorted States' Enlistees)
- 1890 Veterans Census for Northern Virginia - 1890 Veterans Census of Alexandria, Falls Church and Fairfax, Fauquier, Loudoun, Prince William, and Stafford Counties Listing of soldiers/sailors from US Infantry, US Artillery, Navy, and states of CA, CT, DC, IA, IL, IN, MA, MD, ME, MI, MO, MN, MS, NC, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, TN, TX, VA, VT, WI, WV, Washington; other titles of Surgeons, Inspector General, US Inf., Chaplin Hospital; includes many names without state identification or units.
- Andreas' History of the State of Nebraska - Military Rosters This website is well worth looking at. It names the Veterans residence as well as their nationality and in some cases where buried. Of the first 3 pages I came up with more states and countries than I can list here. Nationalities of Canada, Prussia, Ireland, Scotland, Germany, Sweden, England, Luxemboug, Switzerland, Wales, and more.
- Avoiding the Draft
- Bits of Blue and Gray - also includes a complete list of Delaware Roster of Union Soldiers - Thanks for a wonderful job..
- Civil War Archives Delaware Union Regimental Index
- Civil War Forum by Genealogy.com [If you are not familiar with Genealogy.Com check out their main web page - so many topics, family names, states and more.
- Civil War Medal of Honor Recipients [includes soldiers from numerous states]
- Civil War Newspaper Article: Battle of Fredericksburg - 7 May 1863
- Civil War Newspaper Article: Arrival of Sick and Wounded - 7 May 1863
- Delaware Civil War Project
- Delaware in the Civil War
- Delaware Regiments
- Delaware Roster of Union Soldiers
- Gettysburg Union Order of Battle
- Grand Army of the Republic Death Rolls Books [advertisement] includes states of AL, AR, CA, CO, CT, Dakota Territory, DE, District of Columbia, FL, GA, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MO, NE Territory, NE, NH, NJ, NM Territory, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, RH, TN, VT, VA, WV, WI, US Army, USCT, US Navy, Veterans Reserve Corp.
- Historical Society of Delaware - Delaware in the Civil War Exhibition
- Official Fort Delaware Society Webpage
- Regimental Nicknames
- 4th Regiment Delaware Infantry Volunteers, Co. E, Sick Report 1863
- 4th Delaware Regiment Infantry Volunteers
Founded April 8, 2000
Copyright ©2000, 2001, Debbie Axtman, Jim Powell, Jr., Jan Philips, and Brenda Hare, for the exclusive use and benefit of The American History and Genealogy Project. All rights reserved. Thanks to Ginger for the original design of this page.
This site was created by Katy Hestand and first published 15 May 2003. All rights reserved. You are free to copy information for your own personal use. It may not be published in any form for commercial gain.