Welcome to The American History and Genealogy Project (AHGP), an unincorporated not-for-profit network of independent sites devoted to History & Genealogy, and covering North American Countries and Territories. For more information about our group, including how you can join us, please see our About page.
Click on the county name!
Adair Andrew Atchison Audrain Barry Barton Bates Benton Bollinger Boone Buchanan Butler Caldwell Callaway Camden Cape Girardeau Carroll Carter Cass Cedar Chariton Christian Clark Clay Clinton Cole Cooper Crawford Dade Dallas Daviess DeKalb Dent Douglas Dunklin Franklin Gasconade Gentry Greene Grundy Harrison Henry Hickory Holt Howard Howell Iron Jackson Jasper Jefferson Johnson Knox Laclede Lafayette Lawrence Lewis Lincoln Linn Livingston Macon Madison Maries Marion McDonald Mercer Miller Mississippi Moniteau Monroe Montgomery Morgan New Madrid Newton Nodaway Oregon Osage Ozark Pemiscot Perry Pettis Phelps Pike Platte Polk Pulaski Putnam Ralls Randolph Ray Reynolds Ripley St. Charles St. Clair St. Francois St.Louis County Ste. Genevieve Saline Schuyler Scotland Scott Shannon Shelby Stoddard Stone Sullivan Taney Texas Vernon Warren Washington Wayne Webster Worth Wright
CIVIL-WAR-WOMEN Mailing List
For those who are researching women that served or assisted in the American Civil War.
CW-POW Mailing List
For the discussion and sharing of information regarding the Civil War prisoner of war camps and prisoners of war, both Union and Confederate.
H-CIVWAR Home Page
The H-Net discussion list dealing with the culture and history of the Civil War.
Effective October 31, 2008 AOL will no longer support their members web pages and ALL AOL web pages will be taken down. If you have an AOL web page listed, please send me your old webpage and your new web address and I'll gladly change it for you.
RELOAD FOR CURRENT UPDATES. CHECK THE MAIN PAGE FOR NEW MONTHLY UPDATE LIST AND MESSAGES
To add information (correct name, add soldier information, etc.) to these pages, please contact by email the webmaster of that unit page. Email addresses should be found on each unit page. Thanks.
- 1864 - 7th Regiment Missouri Calvary, CSA - documents
- 1880 Reunion of Benton County Veterans of Civil War [includes veterans from CO, DE, IL, IN, KS, KY, ME, MA, MI, MN, MO, OH, NY, PA, WI, and United States Regulars]
- 1881 G.A.R. Old Soldiers Reunion [includes veterans from AR, CA, CT, IA, IN, IL , KS, KY, ME, MI, MN, MO, Navy, NE, NJ, NY, OH, PA, TN, VA, WI, Independent from Ringgold Cavalry, US Infantry, Wilderness Scout, Engineer Corp.]
- 1889 Roster of ex-Soldiers and Soldiers Widows in Lincoln County, KS [includes states of CO, GA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MA, MI, MN, MO, NE, NJ, OH, NY, PA, TN, VT, WI, WV, US Regiment, and Vet. Reserve Corp]
- 1889 Civil War Veterans Reunion, Unionville, Missouri [Putnam County][ includes states of AR, CA, IA, IN, IL, KS, KY, MD, MI, MO, OH, PA, VA, WI, WV, VT and units of E.M.M., M.S.M, US Infantry, E.M.M. Mtd. Inf., MO Home Guard, U. S. V.V. Eng. and Navy.]
- 1890 Veterans Census Hancock County, WV [inclues states of IA, IN, IL, MO, NC, NY, OH, PA, VA, WV, and units of USA Infantry, Surgeons with no states listed, US Light Artillery, and numerous Veterans with no unit or state listed.]
- 1890 Butler County, MO Special Civil War Schedules Enumeration [numerous states listed]
- 1890 Census Reconstruction - Coos County, Oregon Listing of soldiers/sailors from US Infantry, US Artillery, Navy, and states of AR, CA, CO, CT, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MO, MN, NC, NH, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, TX, VA, WI, Washington; to include many names without state identification.
- 1890 Veterans Census for Northern Virginia - 1890 Veterans Census of Alexandria, Falls Church and Fairfax, Fauquier, Loudoun, Prince William, and Stafford Counties Listing of soldiers/sailors from US Infantry, US Artillery, Navy, and states of CA, CT, DC, IA, IL, IN, MA, MD, ME, MI, MO, MN, MS, NC, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, TN, TX, VA, VT, WI, WV, Washington; other titles of Surgeons, Inspector General, US Inf., Chaplin Hospital; includes many names without state identification or units.
- 1906 Confederate Veterans and Widows Enumeration for DeSoto County, MS. [includes states of AL, AR, GA, MO, MS, NC, SC, TN and VA]
- 1907 Census or Enumeration of Confederate Soldiers Residing in the State of Alabama - Baldwin County [includes numerous states]
- 1907 Census or Enumeration of Confederate Soldiers Residing in the State of Alabama - Washington County [includes numerous states]
- 1st Missouri Light Artillery - The Turner Brigade - Adjutant General's ReportAlso includes 5th MO Vol. Cavalry, 17th MO Infantry, Medical Corps and
- 10thMissouri Infantry Regiment, U.S.
- 24thMissouri Volunteer Infantry, "Lyon Legion"
- 1883 Wilson County Veterans of the War: A list of Union Soldiers Living in Wilson County, KS
- 1893 Nebraska Census of Civil War Veterans (listed by state)
- Andreas' History of the State of Nebraska - Military Rosters This website is well worth looking at. It names the Veterans residence as well as their nationality and in some cases where buried. Of the first 3 pages I came up with more states and countries than I can list here. Nationalities of Canada, Prussia, Ireland, Scotland, Germany, Sweden, England, Luxemboug, Switzerland, Wales, and more.
- Barry County and Newton County, MO Historical Items to include numerous Civil War Rosters
- Barry County, Missouri USGenWeb - The Blue & Gray - Civil War Union Soldier Listing
- Barton County, MO
- Battle of Dug Spring
- Benton Cadets Missouri Infantry
- Benton County, TN Genealogy _ Tradegy at Duck Hill Station, Collision of the James Brown and the A. M. West [numerous soldiers/states listed]
- Biographical Sketch of Confederate Soldiers
- Biographical Sketch of Union Soldiers
- Brevet Union Generals of the Civil War Listed alphabetically by Soldier's name
- Brevet Major General John H. McNeil, USV
- Chalk Bluff Offical Records Index Page: Marmaduke's Expedition into Missouri
- Civil War Forum by Genealogy.com [If you are not familiar with Genealogy.Com check out their main web page - so many topics, family names, states and more.
- Civil War Pensions by State
- Civil War Photographs: Confederate
- Civil War Veterans Reunion -Unionville, MO; Putman County - September 1889 [numerous states listed]
- Featured Biographies and Obituaries [numerous states listed]
- Four Mile to Chalk Bluff Campbell, Missouri
- Civil War Mysteries: Home of the Unknowns
- Civil War Photographs: Union Army
- Civil War in Southeast Missouri
- Civil War St. Louis
- Cole County Historical Society - Links to Civil War Pages
- Confederate Deaths, Vicksburg Hospitals, June and July 1863 Includes states of Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Louisana, Mississippi, Missouri and Tennessee
- Confederate Veterans of Wright County, MO.
- Captain Bob's Confederate Website Very informative page for Wright, Webster, Texas, and Douglas Counties, Missouri
- Crawford County in the Civil War
- Fort Union National Monument: Regiments whose Components were assigned to Fort Union
- Freeman's Regiment, Missouri Cavalry, CSA
- Fremont's Body Guard (Email Address only) John L. Maurath has been researching the unit known as Fremont's Body Guard for a good while now, and has the name of every man. He has offered his services as a researcher of this unit from Missouri and Ohio. Thank you, John.
- Fristoe's Cavalry
- Garvin County, Wynnewood, OK Confederate Monument [Veteran list includes the states/units of AL, AR, AZ, GA, KY, LA, OK, MO, MS, NC, SC, TN, TX, VA, Cado Indian Battlation, Palmetto Sharpshooters, Chickasaw Battalion, Cherokee Mounted Rifles, Choctaw & Chickasaw Mounted Rifles]
- The General Lyon Disaster
- The Burning of the General Lyon
- The Passenger List of the Steamer General Lyon
- Sources for the Steamer General Lyon Disaster - The New York Times - April, 1865 and The Times of London, April 27, 1865
- Grand Army of the Republic Death Rolls Books [advertisement] includes states of AL, AR, CA, CO, CT, Dakota Territory, DE, District of Columbia, FL, GA, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MO, NE Territory, NE, NH, NJ, NM Territory, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, RH, TN, VT, VA, WV, WI, US Army, USCT, US Navy, Veterans Reserve Corp.
- The Grand Army of the Republic (GAR) in MO
- Gratiot State Prison
- Great Locomotive Chase (Andrews Raiders) by Find-A-Grave. [includes the states of CA, GA, IA, IL, KS, MO, NY, OH, TN, TX, WV]
- Greenwood County, Kansas Civil War Veteran's Reunion 1887
- Hearts of Blue & Gray - Civil War Sites in Cape Girardeau, Missouri
- Howard & Cooper County
- Hungarians in Civil War Missouri
- Illinois Soldier's and Sailor's Home, Quincy, IL - Admission of Mexican War and Civil War Veterans [numerous states]
- Index to the Civil War in Missouri Links and Resources
- Index to the Officers of Missouri Volunteers and Missouri State Militia
- Iron County in the Civil War
- Johnson County, MO
- USGenWeb Missouri Civil War Veterans Counties of Laclede, Lafayette, Lawrence, Lewis, Lincoln, Linn and Livingston Counties
- Military Order of the Loyal Legion (MOLLUS) - Missouri Commandry
- Missouri Confederate Brigade
- Missouri Civil War
- Missouri Civil War Map of Battles
- Missouri Civil War Museum at Jefferson Barracks
- Missouri Civil War Union Militia Organizations
- Missouri in the Civil War by USGenWeb
- Missouri Digital Heritage: Soldiers' Records: War of 1812 - World War I
- Missouri Division, United Daughters of the Confederacy, Independence Chapter 710
- Missouri Division, Sons of Confederate Veterans
- Missouri Medal of Honor Recipients A-L [includes soldiers of various states]
- Missouri Medal of Honor Recipients M-Z [includes soldiers of various states]
- Missouri State Archives Soldier's Database: War of 1812 - World War I.
- Missouri Volunteer Forces in the Civil War with Federal Service (Union)
- Missouri Volunteer Forces in the Civil War with Federal Service (Union): Missouri Home Guard
- Muster Roll of Company A Jackson's Company 1865
- Platte County, Nebraska Civil War Veterans - Veterans listed by date of death. Includes the following states: California, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusettes, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Captain Pawnee Scouts, U.S. Infantry.
- Polk County Missouri Civil War Veterans
- Quantrill's Partisan Rangers
- Records of the Veterans Administration: Great Lakes Region, Chicago - Home for Disabled Soldiers in Marion, Indiana This website is well worth looking at. Records of the Marion Branch, Marion, IN. Sample Case Files of Veterans Temporarily at the Branch, 1890-1930. States/Units listed: CT, IN, IA, IL, KY, MD, MI, MO, MN, NH, NY, OH, PA, TN, USCT units, US Cavalry and US Infantry, US Signal Corps, 23rd Recruit Company, Quartermaster Depot, Veterans Reserve Corp, US Navy, US Field Artillery and more.
- Regimental Nicknames
- Roster of Quantrill's, Anderson's and Todd's Guerrillas and other "Missouri Jewels"
- St. Francois County Civil War Index
- Stone Prairie Home Guard (Barry County)
- Surgeon on Horseback - a book of Civil War letters and Journal of Dr. Charles Brackett of Rochester, Indiana - 1st Indiana Cavalry and 9th Illinois Cavalry
- United Daughters of the Confederacy: Stonewall Jackson Chapter 476 [numerous soldiers/units listed under "Our Ancestors"
- United Daughters of the Confederacy: Independence Chapter 710
- United States Resources: Missouri
- Union Regimental History Index
- Union Soldiers Executed
- 2nd Missouri Cavalry, Co. B, CSA
- 5th Missouri Infantry
- 7th Regiment Missouri Cavalry, CSA, Special Orders 1864 [also lists some officers and soldiers]
- 7th Missouri Cavalry, CSA
- 7thProvisional Enrolled Missouri Militia, Co. G [Captain Ray's]
- 7thProvisional Enrolled Missouri Militia, Co. K [Captain Ritchie's]
- 8th Missouri Cavalry, CSA
- 8th Missouri Infantry, CSA
- Units of the 8th Division Missouri State Guard
- Units of the 9th Regiment Infantry Missouri Volunteers aka 59th Illinois Infantry
- 10th Missouri Cavalry
- 10th Missouri Cavalry
- 10th Missouri Infantry
- 10th Missouri Infantry, Co. B
- 11th Missouri Cavalry CSA
- 12th Regiment, Missouri Infantry, Company G
- 15th Missouri Cavalry Regiment Co. L, CSA
- 15thMissouri Cavalry, Co. G [Captain Ray's]
- 15thMissouri Cavalry, Co. K [Captain Ritchie's]
- 16th Missouri Infantry Roster Co. F, CSA, Henry County
- 21st Missouri Infantry
- 23rd Missouri Volunteer Infantry
- 26thMissouri Volunteer Infantry, USA
- 28th Enrolled Missouri Militia [aka E.M.M.]
- 29thMissouri Volunteer Infantry, USA
- 39thMissouri Infantry Volunteers, Co. G and the Centralia Massacre
- 42ndMissouri Muster Roll 1864
- 49thMissouri Volunteer Infantry
- 76thEnrolled Missouri Militia, Co. I, 1864 [Captain Lowe's]
- 76thEnrolled Missouri Militia, Co. I, 1862-63 [Captain Ritchie's]
- 76thEnrolled Missouri Militia, Co. K, 1863 [Captain Hening's]
- 76thEnrolled Missouri Militia, Co. K, 1864 [Captain Burgess']
- 76thEnrolled Missouri Militia, Co. L [Captain Ray's]
The Civil War was one of the most important events to take place in America. It divided the country and in some cases families. It is the intention of this site to explore all aspects of the Civil War, it's battles, and the men and women involved in them. If you have information that pertains to the War between the States, please submit it to me. I will accept any information you have so long as it isn't copyrighted.
The American History and Genealogy Project
site is owned by
The American History and Genealogy Project- Civil War
Last updated: Tuesday, 8-may-07 10:44 AM
Founded April 8, 2000
Copyright ©2000, 2001, Debbie Axtman, Jim Powell, Jr., Jan Philips, and Brenda Hare, for the exclusive use and benefit of The American History and Genealogy Project. All rights reserved. Thanks to Ginger for the original design of this page.
This site was created by Katy Hestand and first published 15 May 2003. All rights reserved. You are free to copy information for your own personal use. It may not be published in any form for commercial gain.