[From Samuel Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1831.]
ASTWICK, a parish in the hundred of BIGGLESWADE, county of BEDFORD, 3¾ miles (N. W. by N.) from Baldock, containing 99 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, united, in 1764, to the vicarage of Arlsey, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £6.13.4. The church is dedicated to St. Guthlake.
Return to Places page
Last Updated on: 10 April 2000
For comments about this webpage, please email Martin Edwards.
©1999. EnglandGenWeb and WorldGenWeb Project.