[From Samuel Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1831.]
BIDDENHAM, a parish in the hundred of WILLEY, county of BEDFORD, 2¾ miles (W. by N.) from Bedford, containing 393 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £8, endowed with £400 private benefaction, and £600 royal bounty, and in the patronage of Viscount Hampden. The church is dedicated to St. James.[The Biddenham Village website]
Return to Places page
Updated on: 4 October 2001
For comments about this webpage, please email Martin Edwards.
©1999. EnglandGenWeb and WorldGenWeb Project.