[From Samuel Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1831.]
BILLINGTON, a chapelry in the, parish of LEIGHTON-BUZZARD, county of BEDFORD, 2 miles (S.E.) from Leighton-Buzzard, containing 237 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, endowed with £200 parliamentary grant, and within the peculiar jurisdiction and patronage of the Prebendary of Leighton-Buzzard in the Cathedral Church of Lincoln.
Return to Places page
Last Updated on: 10 April 2000
For comments about this webpage, please email Martin Edwards.
©1999. EnglandGenWeb and WorldGenWeb Project.