[From Samuel Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1831.]
BOLNHURST, a parish in the hundred of STODDEN, county of BEDFORD, 7 miles (N. by E.) from Bedford, containing 264 inhabitants. The living is a rectoy, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £9, and in the patronage of William Guppy, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Dunstan. A free school, founded by the Rev. Baker, in 1791, has an endowment of £12, per annum, for which about twelve children are instructed gratuitously.
Return to Places page
Last Updated on: 10 April 2000
For comments about this webpage, please email Martin Edwards.
©1999. EnglandGenWeb and WorldGenWeb Project.