[From Samuel Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1831.]
COLMWORTH, a parish in the hundred of BARFORD, county of BEDFORD, 5½ miles (W. by S.) from St. Neots, containing 450 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the kings books at £18, and in the patronage of William Guppy, Esq. The church, dedicated to St. Denis, is a handsome structure with a lofty spire; it is in the early style of English architecture, and contains several ancient monuments.
Return to Places page
Last Updated on: 17 April 2000
For comments about this webpage, please email Martin Edwards.
©1999. EnglandGenWeb and WorldGenWeb Project.