[From Samuel Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1831.]
DUNTON, a parish in the hundred of BIGGLESWADE, county of BEDFORD, 3½ miles (E. by S.) from Biggleswade, containing, with Millo, 332 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £10. Earl Spencer was patron in 1806. The church is dedicated to St. Mary.
Return to Places page
Last Updated on: 19 April 2000
For comments about this webpage, please email Martin Edwards.
©1999. EnglandGenWeb and WorldGenWeb Project.