[From Samuel Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1831.]
EDWORTH, a parish in the hundred of BIGGLESWADE, county of BEDFORD, 4 miles (S E. by S.) from Biggleswade containing 87 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £15.16.3., and in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Lincoln. The church is dedicated to St. George.
Return to Places page
Last Updated on: 26 March 2000
For comments about this webpage, please email Martin Edwards.
©1999. EnglandGenWeb and WorldGenWeb Project.