[From Samuel Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1831.]
EVERTON, a parish in the hundred of BIGGLESWADE, county of BEDFORD, 4¾ miles (N. by E.) from Biggleswade, containing, with Tetworth, 854 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage with that of Tetworth united to it, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £6.13.9., and in the patronage of the Master and Fellows of Clare Hall, Cambridge. The church, which stands in the county of Huntingdon, is dedicatefl to St. Mary.
Return to Places page
Last Updated on: 9 April 2000
For comments about this webpage, please email Martin Edwards.
©1999. EnglandGenWeb and WorldGenWeb Project.