Bedfordshire.gif - 13831 Bytes

Felmersham

[From Samuel Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1831.]

FELMERSHAM, a parish in the hundred of WILLEY, county of BEDFORD, 7 miles (N.W. by N.) from Bedford, containing, with the hamlet of Radwell, 390 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, with the vicarage of Pavenham united, in the archdea-conry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at 13.13.4.. and in the patronage of the Master and Fellows of Trinity College, Cambridge. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, is a handsome edifice in the early style of English architecture. The river Ouse runs through the parish, and is crossed by a bridge at Radwell.


Above: Looking down the church to the Altar

Above: An open bier for carrying coffins
Below: Looking back into the church from the Altar
Photographs Copyright © Martin Edwards 2001

 

Return to Places page


Comments and Other Information

Last Updated on: 28 August 2000
For comments about this webpage, please email Martin Edwards.
©1999. EnglandGenWeb and WorldGenWeb Project.