[From Samuel Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1831.]
HAYNES, a parish in the hundred of FLITT, county of BEDFORD, 4 miles (N.E.) from Ampthill, containing 175 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £8, and in the patronage of Lord Carteret. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. A Sunday school is endowed with 50s. per annum, the gift of Villiers Fowler in 1708, for the instruction of poor children.
Return to Places page
Last Updated on: 19 April 2000
For comments about this webpage, please email Martin Edwards.
©1999. EnglandGenWeb and WorldGenWeb Project.