Bedfordshire.gif - 13831 Bytes

Heath & Reach

[From Samuel Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1831.]

HEATH, a joint chapelry with Reach, in the parish of LEIGHTON-BUZZARD, hundred of MANSHEAD, county of BEDFORD, 2 miles (N. by E.) from Leighton-Buzzard, containing 726 inhabitants. It is within the peculiar ecclesiastical jurisdiction of the Prebendary of Leighton-Buzzard in the Cathedral Church of Lincoln. The church, dedicated to St. Leonard, has recently received an addition of sixty sittings, of which forty are free, the Incorporated Society for the enlargement of churches and chapels having contributed 100 towards defraying the expense. There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists.

REACH, a joint chapelry with Heath, in the parish of LEIGHTON-BUZZARD, hundred of MANSHEAD, county of BEDFORD, 2 miles (N. by E.) from Leighton-Buzzard. The population is returned with Heath. It is within the peculiar ecclesiastical jurisdiction of the Prebendary of Leighton-Buzzard in the Cathedral Church of Lincoln.

Return to Places page


Comments and Other Information

Last Updated on: 19 April 2000
For comments about this webpage, please email Martin Edwards.
©1999. EnglandGenWeb and WorldGenWeb Project.