Bedfordshire.gif - 13831 Bytes

Marston Moretaine

[From Samuel Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1831.]

MARSTON-MORETAINE, a parish in the hundred of REDBORNESTOKE, county of BEDFORD, 4 Miles (N.W.) from Ampthill, containing 899 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at 33.17.3, and in the patronage of the Master and Fellows of St. John's College, Cambridge. The church, dedicated to St. Mary is in the later style of English architecture: the tower is detached. There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists.

Return to Places page


Comments and Other Information

Last Updated on: 26 March 2000
For comments about this webpage, please email Martin Edwards.
©1999. EnglandGenWeb and WorldGenWeb Project.