[From Samuel Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1831.]
DEAN (NETHER), a parish in the hundred of STODDEN, county of BEDFORD, 3½ miles (W. by S.) from Kimbolton, containing, with the hamlet of Upper Dean, 479 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, and in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Worcester. The church is dedicated to All Saints. Joseph Neale, in 1702, gave land, now producing �55 a year, for teaching twenty poor boys.
Return to Places page
Last Updated on: 19 April 2000
For comments about this webpage, please email Nathan Zipfel.
© 2014. EnglandGenWeb and WorldGenWeb Project.