[From Samuel Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1831.]
ROXTON, a parish in the hundred of BARFORD, county of BEDFORD, 4¾ miles (S.W. by S.) from St. Neot's, containing 537 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, united to that of Great Barford, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £10, and in the patronage of the Master and Fellows of Trinity College, Cambridge. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. There is a place of worship for Independents. The river Ouse bounds the parish on the east.
Return to Places page
Last Updated on: 17 April 2000
For comments about this webpage, please email Martin Edwards.
©1999. EnglandGenWeb and WorldGenWeb Project.