[From Samuel Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1831.]
STUDHAM, a parish partly in the hundred of DACORUM, county of HERTFORD, but chiefly in the hundred of MANSHEAD, county of BEDFORD, comprising the hamlets of Humbershoe, Studham, and part of that of Market-Street, and containing 774 inhabitants, of which number, 173 are in the hamlet of Studham, 3¾ miles (W. by S.) from Market-Street. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £9, endowed with £400 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Crown. The church is dedicated to St. Mary.
Return to Places page
Updated on: 17 March 2001
For comments about this webpage, please email Martin Edwards.
©1999. EnglandGenWeb and WorldGenWeb Project.