Bedfordshire.gif - 13831 Bytes

Turvey

[From Samuel Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1831.]

TURVEY, a parish in the hundred of WILLEY, county of BEDFORD, 8 miles (W.N.W.) from Bedford, containing 882 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at 16, and in the patronage of D. C. Higgins, Esq. The church, dedicated to All Saints, contains several fine monuments of the ancient and noble family of Mordaunt. There is a place of worship for Independents. The parish lies near the border of Buckinghamshire.


Turvey Railway Station - March 1962

Return to Places page


Comments and Other Information

Last Updated on: 11 August 2003
For comments about this webpage, please email Martin Edwards.
©1999. EnglandGenWeb and WorldGenWeb Project.