[From Samuel Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1831.]
WILSHAMPSTEAD, a parish in the hundred of REDBORNESTOKE, county of BEDFORD, 4 miles (S. by E.) from Bedford, containing 749 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king’s books at £9.9.7., and in the patronage of Lord Carteret. The church is dedicated to All Saints. There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists. A small charity school here is endowed with about five acres and a half of land.
Return to Places page
Updated on: 14 March 2001
For comments about this webpage, please email Martin Edwards.
©1999. EnglandGenWeb and WorldGenWeb Project.