Cambridgeshire - Abington Pigotts


Abington Pigotts - St Michael

The church of St. Michael is a small but ancient building of clunch and rubble, in the Early English and Decorated styles, consisting of chancel, nave, south porch vestry on the north side and an embattled western tower, restored in 1924, containing 4 bells: in the church are memorials to John Piggott 1613 and 1617, Mary Foster Pigott 1816, and other members of that family from 1827 to 1884, and also to Henry and Elizabeth Lynn 1662-3: there are 200 sittings. The register dates from the year 1653.

Return to Locations and Buildings page

Comments and Other Information

Last Updated on: 9 July 2000
For comments about this webpage, please email Martin Edwards.
©1999. EnglandGenWeb and WorldGenWeb Project.