Boxworth

"The church of St Peter is an ancient edifice of flint and stone in the Decorated style, consisting of chancel, nave of four bays, south aisle, north and south porches and a lofty embattled tower containing a clock and one bell: in the church is a monument to Nicholas Saunderson LL.D., F.R.S. the celebrated blind professor of mathematics in the University of Cambridge, who died 19th April, 1759: the church was thoroughly restored in 1868-9, and affords 150 sittings. The register from the year 1558."

[Kelly's Directory - Cambridgeshire - 1929]


Photograph Copyright © Phil Curme 2000

Photograph Copyright © Many Manning 2003

Return to Locations and Buildings page

Comments and Other Information

Last Updated on: 29 September 2003
For comments about this webpage, please email Martin Edwards.
©1999. EnglandGenWeb and WorldGenWeb Project.