"Burwell is an extensive village and parish, including part of the hamlet of Reach, with a station on the Cambridge and Mildenhall branch of the Great Eastern railway, andis 5 miles north-west from Newmarket, in the Eastern division of the county, hundred of Staploe, Newmarket union, petty sessional division and county couty district, rural deanery of Fordham, archdeaconry of Sudbury and diocese of Ely."
[Kellys Directory of Cambridgeshire 1900]
Return to Locations
and Buildings page
Return to Locations and Buildings page
Last Updated on: 8 October
For comments about this webpage, please email Martin Edwards.
©1999. EnglandGenWeb and WorldGenWeb Project.