Cambridgeshire - Coton

St Peter

"The church of St. Peter, which stands in the centre of the village, is a small building of stone and flint, chiefly in the Decorated and Perpendicular styles, and consists of chan-cel, nave, aisles, north and south porches and a Per-pendicular embattled western tower, carried on arches and finished with pinnacles and spire; it contains 3 bells: the font, of Norman work, consists of a square basin on a circular stem: the church was restored in 1880, and affords 150 sittings. The register dates from the year 1538."

[Kellys Directory of Cambridgeshire - 1929]

Notice the old village pump in the foreground and the village sign between the church and the pump as can be seen from the photograph. The war memorial is to the rear of the church, the left of this picture.


St Peter - Coton

Photograph Copyright © Martin Edwards 2000


Bench Seat Memorial

There is a bench seat, on the green before the church, which contains the following plaque:

 


Bench seat on the green facing the church.

Photographs Copyright © Martin Edwards 2000

Return to Locations and Buildings page

Comments and Other Information

Last Updated on: 16 June 2000
For comments about this webpage, please email Martin Edwards.
©1999. EnglandGenWeb and WorldGenWeb Project.