Cambridgeshire - Cottenham




Postcard picture of Cottenham All Saints

Photographs Copyright © Mandy Manning 2000

Cottenham All Saints

The church of All Saints is an edifice of stone and rubble in the Decorated and Perpendicular styles consisting of chancel, nave, aisles, north and south porches and lofty tower with four pinnacles containing a clock and 6 bells: the chancel is Perpendicular, and has richly carved sedilia and a piscina: the east window is a copy from one in Prior Crauden's chapel at Ely: the nave arcades are Early Decorated, and part of the tower is also of this period: there are two memorial windows and an oak chest bound with iron: in 1867 the church was partially restored and fitted with oak benches, enriched with carvings reproducing the forms of the plants, ferns and flowers of the district: there are 500 sittings. The register dates from the year 1572.

[Kelly's Directory - Cambridgeshire - 1929]

Cottenham Church from the main road and in the grounds
Cottenham Baptist Church

Return to Locations and Buildings page

Comments and Other Information

Last Updated on: 11 July 2000
For comments about this webpage, please email Martin Edwards.
©1999. EnglandGenWeb and WorldGenWeb Project.