"FEN DITTON is a parish and village on the east bank of the river Cam, at the juncture of the Fleam Dyke, 2½ miles north-north-east from Cambridge, in the hundred of Flendish, Bottisham petty sessional division, union of Chesterton, Cambridge county court district, rural deanery of Quy and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely."
"The chief crops are wheat, barley, oats, beans and peas. The area is 1,915 acres of land and inland water; the population in 1921 was 781."
[Kelly's Directory - Cambridgeshire - 1929]
Return to Locations
and Buildings page
Return to Locations and Buildings page
Last Updated on: 8 October
For comments about this webpage, please email Martin Edwards.
©1999. EnglandGenWeb and WorldGenWeb Project.