Cambridgeshire - Litlington

Litlington St Catharine

The church of St Catharine is a fine specimen of the Early English style, and consists of chancel, nave, aisles, south porch and an embattled western tower containing 6 bells: in the church is a gravestone with an inscription in Norman French, and a memorial to Roger Stoughton, alderman of London, ob. 1690: the church has been restored at a cost or 2,000, and affords 220 sittings. In the churchyard is a Celtic cross of Portland stone, erected n 1919 as a memorial to the men of the parish who fell in the Great War, 1914-18. The register dates from the year 1652.

Return to Locations and Buildings page

Comments and Other Information

Last Updated on: 9 July 2000
For comments about this webpage, please email Martin Edwards.
©1999. EnglandGenWeb and WorldGenWeb Project.