Little Gransden

"The church of SS. Peter and Paul is a building of stone of the latter part or the 13th century, consisting of chancel, nave of four bays aisles and a lofty embattled western tower containing 3 bells: the chancel was restored in 1858 and its east end rebuilt and a stained window inserted by the Rev. Alfred Newby, a former rector, in 1875 : the church was restored in 1885-8, at a cost of £700 and affords 250 sittings. The register dates from the year 1730."

[Kelly's Directory - Cambridgeshire - 1872]


Photographs Copyright © Many Manning 2003

Return to Locations and Buildings page

Comments and Other Information

Last Updated on: 29 September 2003
For comments about this webpage, please email Martin Edwards.
©1999. EnglandGenWeb and WorldGenWeb Project.