Cambridgeshire - Manea

Manea Methodist Church

ManeaMethodist.jpg - 3846 Bytes

Manea Methodist Church was situated in the High Street and was demolished about 1910.

Manea St. Nicholas Church

ManeaStNicholas.jpg - 5238 Bytes

The church of St. Nicholas, erected at a cost of 4,000, partly on the site of the old church, and opened April 1, 1875, is a building of stone in the Early Decorated style, consisting of chancel, nave, north transept, north aisle, vestery and turret over the chancel arch containing one bell. It was designed to seat 350.

Manea, Six Sail Windmill

This windmill is Station Road, Manea belonged to Mr. Samuel Edwards Edwards where wheat was ground for flour and wheat and barley for the cattle and horses. It was unusual in its design as it had six sails. It was demolished in the 1930's.

Samuel Edwards was also instrumental in the building of the Methodist Church and local school. For many years he was a school board member, county councillor and Methodist lay preacher. He also owned the local bakery in Manea.

ManeaWindmill.jpg - 3508 Bytes

Return to Locations and Buildings page

Comments and Other Information

Last Updated on: 20 January 2000
For comments about this webpage, please email Martin Edwards.
©1999. EnglandGenWeb and WorldGenWeb Project.