"This parish contains 2,580 acres, and the population is about 580. The amount of assessed property is about 93,500. This village is three miles west of Ely. The living is a vicarage, exempt from visitation, in the deanery of Ely, returned at £142. nett per annum. The dean and chapter of Ely are the patrons, and the Rev. H. R. Rackham, the incumbent. There are two Methodists chapels in the place."
[A BRIEF HISTORY OF ELY and neighbouring villages in the Isle by J.H. Clements 1868]
Return to Locations and Buildings page
Last Updated on: 12 October
For comments about this webpage, please email Martin Edwards.
©1999. EnglandGenWeb and WorldGenWeb Project.