The Parish Church of All Saints, Great Bourton, Oxfordshire
On the 18th November, 1863, Dr. Samuel Wilberforce, Bishop of Oxford, came to consecrate a new church in the name of All Saints, in what was then the hamlet of Great Bourton in the parish of Cropredy. There had been a little church on the same spot in the Middle Ages, but it had long ago fallen into disuse and ruin, and for some 300 years people had had to go down to Cropredy, Sunday by Sunday. The new church, built by public subscription, was a great blessing to Bourton people then, and has remained so to succeeding generations.
In 1963, therefore, what has since become the parish of Great Burton, celebrated the first centenary of its present church.