St. Mary Magdalene's is cruciform in plan with an embattled 14th C west tower of three stages. The lowest stage of the tower serves as a porch. Much of the church was rebuilt by Samuel Collett, 1764-65. The nave has elaborate 19th C kingpost trusses resting on carved corbels. The 15th C font is octagonal with corner pendants and segments of circles between. On each face there are quatrefoils and four-centred patterns containing conventional foliage. The font has an octagonal pedestal with trefoil-headed niches in rectangular panels. The chamfer is ornamented with heads of corn, a mask and a shield. There is stained glass in the church by Hardman; and also by Heaton, Butler & Bayne. There are wall monuments to members of the Leigh family. Descendants still live in the neighbouring grand house - Adllestrop Park. In the churchyard there are some 17th C chest tombs; and the churchyard gates have an iron overthrow inscribed 1837-1897.